Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey E. Arle

UNDER NO MEANS OPT FOR BACK SURGERY UNLESS YOU ABS HAVE TO! I wish someone told me this, esp my doctor before surgery. Your back and life will NEVER be the same. If I just worked out and rested and let my back heal on it's on over time with PT and chiropractic care I would be MUCH BETTER, but now not only did surgery not help, but I am drastically worse. I fell down a flight of stairs and herniated two discs S1L5 and L5L4. The day of surgery Dr. Arle could barely open his eyes perpetually yawning while asking "are you sure you want to do this" in a tone more seeming like he was projecting like he didn't want to at all hoping I'd call it off, verses for regulatory liability protocol. Two weeks I was basically bed ridden and couldn't work went by before my scheduled appointment to get my stitches out. Dr Arle spreads himself WAY TOO THIN between two diff hospitals he really doesn't give patients the time and treatment they need and deserve. His assistant took out my stitches and she sent me home with a GIANT open hole in my back because she couldn't reach Dr Arle and so made the call it was ok for me to leave like that even after I told her I really don't think that looks normal. Anyways turns out my body rejected the Suture material and surgery site had never closed I need emergency surgery severely infected and had ANOTHER back operation to irrigate and remove "more herniated disc that had filled up the previously cleared space"(???) Anyways after back to back double surgeries and now 30 lbs heavier because every activity is painful nearly two years later ...I have so much scar tissue built up pressing on my sciatic nerve it's even worse then before surgery having a herniated Disc. I'm 31 and have no children yet but I'm not even sure If I'd ever be able to carry a pregnancy at this point which is devastating to a woman. I suffer from severe depression now. He ruined my life. Now I get shit happens sometimes and so do complications but the main reason I am so upset is because after my corrective surgery from my botched back surgery, he canceled my insurance. Literally three hours before my follow up exam I got a phone call from his secretary telling me he no longer takes my insurance and cannot see me again. ???!!!! WHAT THE ****?!???? I don't even know how that is even humanly ethical for a "Doctor" to not follow up with his patients after he messed up their operation but somehow it is. Dr Arle does not really care about his patients ....he seems like he does at first but it's an act...he cares about money and once he's got it he could care less about you and is onto the next. I genuinely hope he reads this because I'm not trying to be mean, it's NOT RIGHT to practice such negligence on your own patients that your own assistant can't even reach you let alone even be employed to take care of your patients when they don't even realize when they send a patient home with a hole leaking spinal fluid in their back severely infected. Honestly one more day and it could have spread through my spine into my brain. This is no joke people. Whatever you do do NOT see this man for your doctor!! I had to get s new MRI to find a new doctor and Turns out he only corrected ONE DISC?!?!?? (Like are we seriously serious here??? He must have been too tired and been like "ya that's nuff let's call Lunch"?!? I really don't understand it. On the surface of the web he looks good on paper but if you dig deep he has SOOOOOO MANY malpractice suits that have been filed against him ...he just is a crook with money and has found loop holes to get out of it and probably has major connections so it's totally pointless trying to sue this man he'll crush you with his paycheck and legal team he has....it's just not fair. And I used to think well maybe it's just in my head until I ended up on vacation sitting next to a person on a flight going to Hawaii and we both were in SO MUCH pain sitting for so long - the other woman blurted out "god damn doctor Arle" I was like what did you just say?! She said," oh my back surgeon he's the worst person in the entire world he ruined my life and I can't even get ahold of him now" . So I know I'm not crazy. Listen this is your SPINE don't mess with it and trust my advice!!! You are better off seeing someone not so busy who takes time with their patients then the "chief of neurosurgery " half asleep during brain surgery. That thought is so scary.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Arle performed brain surgery on me in 2002 at Lahey clinic. He hacked my brain and while rating him I am not surprised at the other negative ratings. I was hospitalized elsewhere post surgery for 18 months. Find a more skilled surgeon elsewhere for your own safety.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Arle treated me for brain surgery several years ago at Lahey Clinic. I found him rude and the procedure was done poorly. I ended up disabled due to the procedure.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr.Arle opened my brain 3 times in 2010 for a Chiari Malformation. At that time he was practicing at Lahey Clinic in Burlington. The staff couldn't have been any nicer to me. Dr. Arle and his team were phenomenal. I have actually followed him since he left Lahey clinic. I was so impressed with the care I was given from the entire staff, I wrote a letter to the CEO to complement the whole staff!!! I think in my opinion, you get what you give. Dr. Arle is the best neurosurgeon ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Dr Arle performed two surgeries on my spine in 2001.they were both failures and when he realized this he avoided me like the plague.now I am physically disabled for life and this man is free to maim again! I noticed there were other reviews similar to mine,and there were also good reviews.very unsettling.avoid this surgeon,he is arrogant and cold. Maybe he will need surgery some day and will have similar results as mine.karma is a ****,and so is dr.arle,you big phony!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Arle is the most caring, personable, and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever known. I do agree with other's here that his secretary is not the most pleasant woman in the world. Aside from that my experience with Dr. Arle has been special. He treats the human being, not just the condition. He's honest, and although extremely intelligent, he's as down to eart as any Dr. I've ever known

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Arle did my spine surgery. It is too soon to know whether or not it was successful. I would not go back to Lahey, though. I found him to be cold and arrogant. His secretary, Joan, was unnecessarily rude. The overall experience with the department of Neurosurgery was just plain bad. I would go to MGH in the future.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

I had Dr. Arie Implant a spinal stimulator on 10/8/08. He was very personable; he new his stuff and I am know 60% pain free and it exceeds my expectation for this implant. Both he and his staff are very helpful abd showed much concern for my well being. Would not hesitate to have him oporate on me again.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I allowed Dr. Arle to operate on my neck 1/21/08 which diabled me due to his neglect for over 3 months. I still have limited use of my neck and right hand. He saw me 1 time 2/08 and I would never recomend himto any one . When i took myself to rehab he never called back till 2 weeks later, by then i left and never had any follow up. He is wanting to see me on4.18/08 3 months after the fact just to cover himself as it is to late. I lost 3 oportunites to get help and he never returned calls. I find him uncaring and careless. The only reason he is seeing me is a social worker has stepped in. After my surgery i had to sleep sitting in a chair for 3 months and still to this day have only really slept in bed 1 time. Several attempts made but unsuccessful. Dr. Arle never has returned any calls. His secretary is rude and uncareing. Again a social worker stepped in.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

I saw Dr. Arle for a L5-S1 disc herniation after having 2 microdisc orthopaedic surgeries at New England Baptist Hospital. Although both Orthopaedic and Neurosurgeons perform spine surgery, I prefer Neurosurgeons because (if appropriate)they can perform proceedures within the Dura (nerves/spinal cord). Orthopaedic Surgeons can not. I believe that the way the nerves and spinal cord are treated is a large determinant of the success of the surgery. Dr. Arle has a great bedside manner, took the time that I needed to understand my condition and discuss remedies. He seems to specialize in both spine surgery and Epilepsy. When it comes time for another surgery, I will choose either Dr. Arle or Dr. Weller at Tufts NEMC. Both appear to be excellent choices.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey E. Arle's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Burlington, MA