Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey E. Arle

Dr. Arle performed brain surgery on me in 2002 at Lahey clinic. He hacked my brain and while rating him I am not surprised at the other negative ratings. I was hospitalized elsewhere post surgery for 18 months. Find a more skilled surgeon elsewhere for your own safety.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Arle treated me for brain surgery several years ago at Lahey Clinic. I found him rude and the procedure was done poorly. I ended up disabled due to the procedure.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr.Arle opened my brain 3 times in 2010 for a Chiari Malformation. At that time he was practicing at Lahey Clinic in Burlington. The staff couldn't have been any nicer to me. Dr. Arle and his team were phenomenal. I have actually followed him since he left Lahey clinic. I was so impressed with the care I was given from the entire staff, I wrote a letter to the CEO to complement the whole staff!!! I think in my opinion, you get what you give. Dr. Arle is the best neurosurgeon ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Dr Arle performed two surgeries on my spine in 2001.they were both failures and when he realized this he avoided me like the plague.now I am physically disabled for life and this man is free to maim again! I noticed there were other reviews similar to mine,and there were also good reviews.very unsettling.avoid this surgeon,he is arrogant and cold. Maybe he will need surgery some day and will have similar results as mine.karma is a ****,and so is dr.arle,you big phony!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Arle is the most caring, personable, and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever known. I do agree with other's here that his secretary is not the most pleasant woman in the world. Aside from that my experience with Dr. Arle has been special. He treats the human being, not just the condition. He's honest, and although extremely intelligent, he's as down to eart as any Dr. I've ever known

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Arle did my spine surgery. It is too soon to know whether or not it was successful. I would not go back to Lahey, though. I found him to be cold and arrogant. His secretary, Joan, was unnecessarily rude. The overall experience with the department of Neurosurgery was just plain bad. I would go to MGH in the future.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

I had Dr. Arie Implant a spinal stimulator on 10/8/08. He was very personable; he new his stuff and I am know 60% pain free and it exceeds my expectation for this implant. Both he and his staff are very helpful abd showed much concern for my well being. Would not hesitate to have him oporate on me again.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I allowed Dr. Arle to operate on my neck 1/21/08 which diabled me due to his neglect for over 3 months. I still have limited use of my neck and right hand. He saw me 1 time 2/08 and I would never recomend himto any one . When i took myself to rehab he never called back till 2 weeks later, by then i left and never had any follow up. He is wanting to see me on4.18/08 3 months after the fact just to cover himself as it is to late. I lost 3 oportunites to get help and he never returned calls. I find him uncaring and careless. The only reason he is seeing me is a social worker has stepped in. After my surgery i had to sleep sitting in a chair for 3 months and still to this day have only really slept in bed 1 time. Several attempts made but unsuccessful. Dr. Arle never has returned any calls. His secretary is rude and uncareing. Again a social worker stepped in.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

I saw Dr. Arle for a L5-S1 disc herniation after having 2 microdisc orthopaedic surgeries at New England Baptist Hospital. Although both Orthopaedic and Neurosurgeons perform spine surgery, I prefer Neurosurgeons because (if appropriate)they can perform proceedures within the Dura (nerves/spinal cord). Orthopaedic Surgeons can not. I believe that the way the nerves and spinal cord are treated is a large determinant of the success of the surgery. Dr. Arle has a great bedside manner, took the time that I needed to understand my condition and discuss remedies. He seems to specialize in both spine surgery and Epilepsy. When it comes time for another surgery, I will choose either Dr. Arle or Dr. Weller at Tufts NEMC. Both appear to be excellent choices.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Arle gave my mother back years she had lost through Parkinson's Disease. DBS treatment is truly amazing and I am convinced that after 42 years with this disease she would be bedridden were it not for her DBS surgeries in 2000 and 2005. Dr. Arle takes the time to show his patients how much he cares and always answers e-mails. He has helped us SO MUCH in the past both navigating through the system to providing realistic hope when it seemed there was none left. We are privledged to live in an age with this dibilating diseases symptoms can be controlled and somewhat alleviated. What more can you say about a doctor and a procedure that took your mother out of the pain of rigid muscles and back into "the comfort zone". You will never meet a more down-to-earth, knowledgeable or amazing doctor than Dr. Arle.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey E. Arle's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Burlington, MA