Ratings for Dr. Raymond Fong

Very experienced doctor & friendly staff. My grandma had surgery done by Dr. Fong a few years ago. She had problem walking so her only hobby was watching TV. Because of her cataract, she was unable to see the TV clearly. In fact, she couldn't even see her grandkids when they come to visit. After she had her surgery, she was able to see so much more. She was afraid to do her 1st eye in the beginning. But after she realized how much better she was able to see, she requested to do her 2nd eye ASAP. It was life changing for her. She is much happier now and she can finally watch TV.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Horrible experience. Never returning back. Been a patient here for over 10 years. Complete garbage office. Unprofessional. Rude.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I had LASIK performed in November 2011. The post-op results were below expectations - not 20/20. Dr. Fong agreed during a January checkup but told me to wait a few months for my vision to stabilize before we discuss "touch-up" surgery. Since then, I had another check up in April and another today, August 1, 2012. My vision has not improved based on tests. I broached the January conversation with an assitant who went out to consult. Dr. Fong charges into the room, saying in an agitated voice "Your vision is good, what's the problem?" He then goes on to berate me in front of his staff saying I should be happy with the results: I was born with these eyes and there was nothing he could do. I would love to post a full transcript but this comments box has a character limit. I have never encountered a medical professional who treated me in this manner, completely unprovoked, in my life. Dr. Fong was insulting, exceedingly arrogant and unprofessional based on my personal experience. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Profit oriented. This guy do not care about people. I was told by unprofessional doctors in his pactice and his managers that I was a candidate for LASIK and could schedulle pre-operative consult. After that I went to get a second and third opinion from other professionals that told me that 99% ophtamologist in the country would not see me as a candidate for LASIK as my prescription is too hight , too much cornea would be cut and very high risk for unrepairable complications. Not mentioning that De Fongs office is dirty , no magazines, no working TV, staff keep talking about you in chinese right in front of your face, there is a 100 peple working there, in summ Dr Fong is all about the money

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I would not recommend this fecility to anyone on earth. Dr Fong? I honestly dont know how he is because I havent met him yet. I went for the consultation and pre op but he was never there. Today was my surgery and when I went to the surgery center, they were gone. They made a mistake on my surgery app time and cancelled on me at the last minute and I was arguing with them over the phone on my way there from the train station. When I got there, nobody was there. Very Very unprofessional and bad service. They should've waited for me couple of mins since i told them i was only 2 blocks away, and should've apologized face to face. They first rushed me to come o/in and when I got there, they just cancelled my surgery. Horrible staffs. On top of that, they sell sample medications to patiens. It says more than clearly on the box/bottle "sample not for resale"

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

The worst service ever. No one answers the phone and when they do - "nobody speaka english". I had a eye checkup a couple months ago and now they have no record of me. I can describe the interior of the office exactly and the receptionist will not acknowledge it. THE WORST. Go to better sight on main street and no I don't work for them.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I paid cash for my cataract and LASIK surgery and was promised perfect vision. When that didn't happen and I attempted to complain the doctor immediately dropped me as a patient in literally less than 3 days via certified mail. He and his office were completely unprofessional, uncaring, and inattentive. They handle so many patients that one meager patient is of little concern to them. They can easily replace the profit lost with 10 others mostly elderly and non-English speaking patients. The feeling is definitely that of a profit-driven office where they "convince" you into the best and most expensive procedure. Then after they "sold" you the product there is less of a motive to devote much attention to you. DO NOT go to this doctor nor his office in Chinatown, Flushing, nor 8th Avenue if you prefer a doctor who is caring, attentive, and spends the time to answer your questions and address your concerns. He won't care for your health, you must do it yourself.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

If you're thinking about coming for a LASIK consultation, I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend coming here. Poor service. Unprofessional. Profit driven. Lots of fine print. I made the mistake of coming here for their so called "free" Lasik consultation, which ended up with many hours lost, $270 for eye examinations, and lots of frustration and disappointment. More extensive review here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/fong-raymond-md-pc-new-york#hrid:bsv_BTOd-_EFHRJyup2qcA In brief: - poor service, long waiting times even with an appt - not responsive to phone calls - doctors don't tend to patient needs - inadequate doctors that tell you go to see another doctor somewhere else - profit driven and unprofessional ethics

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Never Never go there for your own risk!!! (1) unprofessional young kids wearing jeans and dye their hair colorful examine ur eyes while jokingly hit each other. I dun trust them at all.(2) I waited 2+ hours each visit, and I came precisly at the appointment time! And the doctor see me for 2 MIN ONLY, seriously! They dun respect the patients and their time, ppl there r very rude in answering any questions. (3) Ethics in question. They try hard to persuade me in taking LASIK surgery, but getting my rejection, the doctor said, okay, ur eyes are good, u can go, he didn't even check them thorough except asking me to look at the light for several seconds. Overall, this place is profit oriented and not professional at all. I'll never go there again.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Raymond Fong's Credentials

• Sign Language

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1981)

Champ Va