Ratings for Dr. James P. Miller

Dr James Miller was on duty when I arrived in the emergency room. After listening carefully and respectfully and doing an exam, he ordered blood tests and a CT scan. While the tests were being processed, he came back to check on me. He acknowledged my increasing pain and explained that unfortunately, he couldn't give me pain meds until he had the test results. When the tests were complete, he explained that I had a bowel obstruction. Surgery was needed promptly. He called my husband to explain the situation as he was on the road. After he spoke with my husband, Dr Miller made the arrangements for my surgery. My husband headed home. I felt that I was in good hands from the moment he came to my bedside. Dr Miller or his partner visited me in the hospital every day. I enjoyed every member of his staff who I met during my follow up visit. I hope not to need surgery again but if I do, I will see Dr. James Miller without hesitation. I was lucky he was on duty that day!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr Miller is a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon. He will spend as much time with you as you need, in order to understand completely your procedure. I found his bedside manner to be personable, kind and even funny. I would highly recommend Dr Miller and his outstanding staff. My experience was completely positive.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

very knowledgable, i have great confidence in his surgical abilities, bedside manner is a little dry but likeable enough. handsome, too. would definitely recommend or return if need for future surgeries.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2008

He is a fantastic surgeon. I would definitely recommend him to others and found his bedside manner to be wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Dr. James P. Miller's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal