Ratings for Dr. Yu-Jeong A. Choi

After experiencing sx. of severe gallbladder disease I saw Dr.Choi. She ordered an ultrasound and the results were significant for gallbladder disease and renal ca. She strongly suggested that I address the gallbladder first because of the possibility of a blood infection if I were to have the same sx. again. I insisted on addressing the kidney issue first. She contacted the MD I was seeing for the kidney to express her concerns. She called me repeatedly to support me through the initial cancer dx. and she returned my calls timely after both surgeries to address any issues that I had. She is kind, knowledgeable, supportive and I would recommend her without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

I was admitted to the hospital via the ER with severe pain in the lower right side. After the tests eliminated the appendix and gall bladder, Dr Choi was called as the gastroenterologist on call. She recommended I have a colonoscopy, which she performed a few weeks later. Prior to this test, I had an appt with her where I described other symptom which had begun that were severely impacting my quality of life. When the colonoscopy was done, she advised that the test looked fine and to return in 2 years for a follow-up. I said that was fine, but, in the meantime, I still had my pain and problems; what about thst? She looked at me blankly and it was obvious she hadn't checked my chart and had no idea what I was talking about, She excused herself and then returned and said I should see a surgeon! From come back in 2 years to see a surgeon in less than 3 minutes. I left messages for her the next week which weren't returned until I saw another md and told him what had happened.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009