Ratings for Dr. Franklin Pepper, Retired

I was deeply disappointed! He repeatedly asked the same questions and asked ME what medication I needed? No help what-so-ever.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Dr. Pepper is prompt and very friendly. He has never failed to disappoint!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Doctor repeatidly falls asleep during visits; charges $25-$35 dollars to write a prescription (med check). No progress to date with seeing him. They don't take my Aetna insurance...I used to see him with Blue Cross and Blue Shield..

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Seemed to be okay at first as I was just going for prescription maintenance. However, my last visit he fell asleep! Needless to say I haven't returned.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Falls asleep at least 2x's a session, doesn't matter what time a day. Forgets what meds he prescribes. Each session reviews the session before and wastes my time! I've waited 45+ minutes in his waiting room. As of today I'm looking for a new Dr. I should have researched before simply choosing him by his unique name!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Ony saw him twice. He was falling asleep through the whole first visit and end of second visit. Took poor notes on my history and had to be reminded of serious childhood abuse. Latched onto a symptom of my issue (alcohol makes pre-exising anger issues worse) and has yet to address the actual problem. Waste of time and insurance. Seeking a younger doctor that pays attention.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

I went to Dr. Pepper for an issue that I had and he fell asleep on me while we were talking. He prescribed me medication that did help me, but any doctor could have done it. I didn't really need any verbal therapy or anything, it was a simple issue. However, if I were an addict or had a more serious problem and he fell asleep on me, I would be extremely offended. Take a lesson from me and the person who wrote above, DONT BE THE FIRST APPOINTMENT OF THE DAY. That's all, I can't honestly say anything good/bad about his psychiatric help.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

I have been Dr. Pepper's patient for over nine years. One of his specialities is in treating alcoholics and addicts. I am one, now in sustained recovery. If that's you too, don't expect him to be nice. Nice does not work with alcoholics and addicts. You need to be told the facts, bitter as they may be, over and over until they finally sink in. I agree that he makes Dr. House look nice, but that's not what I pay him for. I paid him to make me well, and he did, but he couldn't do it for me. Dr. Pepper is one of the most intelligent, professionally knowledgeable, degreed and caring people I've ever met underneath that gruff exterior. If you want nice, go to someone who really doesn't care. And don't go to AA or SMART or any ot other support group either. Practicing addicts and alcoholics are, all of us, manipulating liars at our core. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to maintain our disease for so long. If you want to get well, go see him.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

His office is on one of the bottom floors for an apartment building, so his office is basically an apartment. Very cluttered. I saw him a couple times. The first time, the guy was falling asleep while talking to me. Worst part was that I was his first appointment of the day at 9am! Giving him the benefit of the doubt (maybe he was awoken in the middle of the night for another patient), I had my follow-up appointment with him. He just subscribed a different medication for me as the first one wasn't that effective. I haven't gone back to him since because I believe it'd be rather pointless.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

His people skills are terrible and the offices are filthy. I almost left before I even met him because of the mess. Very creepy.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Dr. Franklin Pepper, Retired's Credentials

• Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198 (Grad. 1965)