Ratings for Dr. Jennifer L. McAfee

This doctor is retired. She is no longer seeing patients. Wish there was another woman endocrinologist in the area.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

She is rude and so is her staff. She DOES NOT believe in anything other than Synthroid. You wait for over an hour to get in to see her and then she rambles on and never asks how your feeling or your symptoms. Her pat response is .." here a prescription for synthroid...take it and I will see you in 3 months". 3 months is a long time to for a person who is not feeling well to have to go. Forget calling back in, they dont care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr McAfee is very nice and cares about you as a person. It is extremely hard to get in to see her, usually a year wait!! Her office hours are quite limited. Her office staff are quite rude, interrupting you to answer their cell phones for personal calls, or making you wait to check in until they are good and ready. Her waiting room is awful, the chairs are so hard.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

While I find Dr. McAfee to be knowledgeable and personable, her office set-up leaves much to be desired. Her office hours are limited, it is not possible to leave a message for her on the phone, and her staff seem indifferent and uninterested in patients. It also seems to take two weeks for Dr. McAfee to see any labwork and contact me (my internist, on the other hand, calls me the NEXT DAY).

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Jennifer McAfee is a great Dr. she is very friendly and spends lots of time with you. Unfortunately her staff is very very RUDE! I have called there a few times and never got a return call back. I quit trying and will not go back again.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. McAffee staff is always rude, makes her a 3 out of 10. I don't feel I am a complainer much, yet there is something inside of me that feels compelled to write a review online regarding her poor service. This is how much I am sick & tired of her staff's rudeness. The staff lost 1 of my medical records highly important, in which I found a copy at home, luckily. The nurses assistant & front desk yelled @ me over the record they lost, even though it was their fault. I cannot get an appointment to see Dr. McAffee or even get a nurse to return my calls to speak with the nurse. I called them last Thursday and still no phone call back, now it's Tuesday. She maybe an excellent doctor, but her office staff makes her look like a bad doctor; if she encourages this type of behavior/customer service, maybe she is bad cause she not listening to the needs of the patient outside of the office. Sad 2 say because she has so much potential but I changing endo's today. Recommendation: "Hire new staff."

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Love Dr. McAfee, her office staff over the phone is very, very rude. I've had prescription problems. The nurse has a hard time notifying my pharmacy of the changes and acted as if it was my fault and my problem. No apologies given, ever.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

This doctor really cares for her patients. She has diabetes herself so she knows way more than most excellent endos.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

Great doctor. Caring. Thorough, which causes her to run late. Up-to-date in her field. Hard to schedule. Does not accept Medicare though, which is why I no longer see her.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. McAffee is wonderful! She is so knowledgeable! She treats me like a real person. I have seen her for a thyroid problem and mentioned severe PMS -which she acknowledged was REAL and she referred me to someone who has changed my life. I had given up. She is the best - and worth the wait!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

Dr. Jennifer L. McAfee's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Healthnet