Dr. Heather D. Adkins

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Heather D. Adkins

I have been seeing Dr. Adkins for several years for very effective migraine treatment. Dr. Adkins listens - something many other doctors could do more. From time-to-time Dr. Adkins has tweaked my treatment to provide ever better relief. I highly recommend that anyone suffering from any type of headache or related neurological condition see Dr. Adkins.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Adkins now for about 6 months. I've been dealing with migraines since I was 11 years old and I've had no luck with doctor's prior to working with Dr. Adkins. She's been incredibly helpful and willing to work with me around particular medications I'd prefer to avoid. Since I've started seeing Dr. Adkins my headaches are down to less than one a week, and my migraines less than one a month. This is a huge improvement in my quality of life and couldn't be happier with her!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I can't say enough how amazing Dr. Adkins is and how grateful I am for her. My medical history is very complex, for the last 14 years every doctor ended with the same, we just don't know. I was frustrated and losing hope when I was referred to Dr. Adkins. Even when tests came back negative or inconclusive she NEVER gave up and now we finally have answers. She always takes the time to explain things and never rushes through my appts. Due to the miltary I now travel from CA to see her because not only is she caring and compassionate, she is the best specialists I've seen.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

FINALLY, A Dr. who listens to me ! Dr. Heather Adkins is an awesome Neurologist that really cares. She really listens and gives the best care possible by forming a plan and adjusting it as needed. She's intelligent yet down to earth. In my experience, that is rare for a physician. Dr. Adkins was recommended to me and I'm so thankful I found her. Riding the 3 hour trip from the Coast is well worth it. She now has her very own practice, Adkins Headache Center, And I Love It.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

After over 40 years of inadequate treatment, Dr. Heather D. Adkins’ willingness ot listen to my account of effective and ineffective treatments was refreshing. During the seven years I’ve been her patient, her specific knowledge and compassion for headache suffers, along with her treatment recommendations, has resulted in the best quality of life I’ve experienced in decades. I consider my 320 mile round-trips a small inconvenience, considering the benefits.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I am so glad I was referred to Dr Adkins! She has helped my migraines so much!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I was so very blessed to find Dr. Adkins. She was so kind and understanding, up-to-date on all the latest options for my migraines. She was calm and took all the time needed. I felt she truly cared that she could help me. She is knowledgeable, easy to talk to and I look forward to visiting with her again. As I live ouverseas, she made sure all was in order until I return. I cannot recommend Dr Adkins more highly. Her staff is professional and made me feel at ease. With our limited time here I had hoped for a couple of things that did not happen, one that an acception could be made, and the other was an insurance issue. Thank you so very much for understanding my issues.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Heather Adkins is the best neurologist out there. She takes the time to really listen to you and cares about your concerns and your life. She has access to the latest of treatments, procedures, meds, and cutting edge research (and is part of those breakthroughs). She led me to get new therapies that truly helped me feel better and I have a terrible case caused by injury. I am so thankful I found her! She is now at her own practice at Adkins Headache Center.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Adkins does not rush through your appointment, she makes sure she has addressed all your questions or concerns. Dr Adkins also brings to my attention any new treatments or modalities.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr Adkins has been more attentive and helpful than anyone else I've seen for migraines, and in the top 5 for me period. She really takes the time to listen and address my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr. Heather D. Adkins's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)