Ratings for Dr. Heather D. Adkins

FINALLY, A Dr. who listens to me ! Dr. Heather Adkins is an awesome Neurologist that really cares. She really listens and gives the best care possible by forming a plan and adjusting it as needed. She's intelligent yet down to earth. In my experience, that is rare for a physician. Dr. Adkins was recommended to me and I'm so thankful I found her. Riding the 3 hour trip from the Coast is well worth it. She now has her very own practice, Adkins Headache Center, And I Love It.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

After over 40 years of inadequate treatment, Dr. Heather D. Adkins’ willingness ot listen to my account of effective and ineffective treatments was refreshing. During the seven years I’ve been her patient, her specific knowledge and compassion for headache suffers, along with her treatment recommendations, has resulted in the best quality of life I’ve experienced in decades. I consider my 320 mile round-trips a small inconvenience, considering the benefits.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I am so glad I was referred to Dr Adkins! She has helped my migraines so much!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I was so very blessed to find Dr. Adkins. She was so kind and understanding, up-to-date on all the latest options for my migraines. She was calm and took all the time needed. I felt she truly cared that she could help me. She is knowledgeable, easy to talk to and I look forward to visiting with her again. As I live ouverseas, she made sure all was in order until I return. I cannot recommend Dr Adkins more highly. Her staff is professional and made me feel at ease. With our limited time here I had hoped for a couple of things that did not happen, one that an acception could be made, and the other was an insurance issue. Thank you so very much for understanding my issues.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Heather Adkins is the best neurologist out there. She takes the time to really listen to you and cares about your concerns and your life. She has access to the latest of treatments, procedures, meds, and cutting edge research (and is part of those breakthroughs). She led me to get new therapies that truly helped me feel better and I have a terrible case caused by injury. I am so thankful I found her! She is now at her own practice at Adkins Headache Center.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Adkins does not rush through your appointment, she makes sure she has addressed all your questions or concerns. Dr Adkins also brings to my attention any new treatments or modalities.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr Adkins has been more attentive and helpful than anyone else I've seen for migraines, and in the top 5 for me period. She really takes the time to listen and address my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I had an MRI done on July 6,2012, Almost a month later, Dr. Adkins has still not called, emailed or written to me regarding the results. I was able to see the results on line, but since she's the doctor and I'm not, I have no idea what the results mean. She must really busy feeling very important. I have no idea if she's smart, but her demeanor and actions tell me that she doesn't care about her patients. See someone elst!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Heather Adkins is a fabulous Neurologist! I also suffered from migraines for years, have seen multiple neurologists, tried numerous medications...etc. After so many years of trying so many things, I became an "expert" on my migraines, except I didn't know how to prevent them. I had to wait several months to Dr. Adkins. However it was worth it. She listened carefully, understood that I knew my own headaches, took her time in forming an opinion and came up with a solution that has prevented my migraines...She has also coordinated my care with my primary care doctor, who is not in the Duke system. In summary Dr. Atkins knows her stuff. If you suffer from migraines she can help you figure out how to manage yours. Is she a 10 on the warm and fuzzy scale? No, but she's a brilliant 7!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I have no idea what these other patients are talking about. Dr. Adkins is the first neurologist that I have seen that has taken the time to really listen and help. I have a rare form of migraine that can cause syncope. I have been to MANY neurologists that had just given up and were not sympathetic at all to my issues. I am unable to work, drive or basically live life the way that I want. Dr. Kendricks is trying many medications and other alternatives to try and slow these done and eventually (hopefully) stop them. I would definitely reccommend this doctor and facility.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Heather D. Adkins's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)