Dr. Anup K. Kanodia

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anup K. Kanodia

He did not like being questioned or shown facts. He has his own agenda. Does not work with you. Confusing way around office for patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Visiting Dr. Kanodia is unlike any other doctors visit I have ever experienced. He really seemed to care about my health and made me feel like I was able to accomplish my health goals. He was very personable and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I visited Dr. Kanodia in his new office. I was impressed with the amount of time he spent with me listening to all of the issues I have been having. He placed me on a new diet plan and I met with the dietitian to discuss strategies in meeting my new goals. I have been following the plan for a little over a month now and feel fantastic. I have more energy and many of my symptoms have subsided. I would highly recommend Dr. Kanodia.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Dr. Kanodia treats you as a whole person and spends as much time diagnosing your issue holistically as possible. I went in for weight but he accurately treated me for stress first before tackling the weight. Genius. He works at an ALTERNATIVE medicine practice. You are not going to get 10 mins and here-is-your-prescription-and-done-medicine. He is open to a lot of innovative different cures and life approaches. If you are open to a different medical experience, try him. I am on the diet he suggested and have lost 16 pounds. It is indeed radically different than others. I go in for lipid panels soon. I am curious to see if the cholesterol will indeed be down because it focuses on eating healthy fat, vegetables, protein and supplements -no carbs. No fun but I am pre diabetic and willing to try it. If you don't like holistic medicine, go back to the car mechanic approach to medicine everyone else has.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr. Kanodia is a nice man but not a very competent doctor, at least in my case. Dr. Kanodia does not attempt to diagnose your health issues, but rather, treat them. I think this is a fine approach if symptoms are not serious. However, in more serious cases, such as mine, he does not seem concerned and doesn't seem to understand the pain that you are going through. Therefore, he did ZERO testing on me and even refused to order a colonoscopy on me, despite my extensive GI troubles. Instead, he is keen on sending you to referral after referral without any testing himself. My last meeting with him was literally basically him telling me good luck, he cannot help me, and that he was moving to a private practice where patients will be charged up to $200 per visit and must get the insurance adj. on their own. Also, I am a college student so money is tight. At every appointment, he would make comments on my financial situation when discussing treatment options. Good luck Dr. Kanodia!

Submitted June 19, 2013

I was a patient with Dr. Kanodia from Oct.2012 to Jan 2013. I went to see him for chronic pain. After an interview he decided I had inflamation due to yeast in my body. He pulled a book from his supply and told my to buy the book and follow that plan. After I lost no weight the first month he put me on only meat and vegetables for the next two month. I felt no better in fact had less energy. He did bloodwork that said I was low in iron, Vit.D, potassium and high chol. This was the worst blood test results I have every had. I think he should have been drawing blood bi weekly on such an extreme food plan. I returned to my family doctor who was not happy with the plan I had been on. Again, I went to Kanodia for chronic pain, not weight control. He never addressed the pain problem at all. Seemed to zero in on my weight and nothing else. I also had a case of gout in Jan. that two doctors felt was caused by the extreme diet. I am taking vitamins now for my health. I will not return.

Submitted February 2, 2013

Dr. Kanodia was very judgmental and rude. His first comment to me, before he had even assessed my situation, was dismissive and it just went downhill from there. He also made recommendations to me that another doctor said later were inappropriate. As far as the clinic itself is concerned, the staff are nice, but I always left with no idea of what I was supposed to do. Was I supposed to reschedule? Call back? Were they going to call me with test results? The answer is, "No." They never called or informed of what the next step was. I had to press to get my test results. I had to beg to reschedule. This is not customer service and it certainly didn't make me feel comfortable with the place.

Submitted September 20, 2012

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Anup K. Kanodia's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Conventionally trained MD which specializes in Functional Medicine.

• English

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2008)