Ratings for Dr. Anup K. Kanodia

A total fraud. I have been to several good functional medicine clinics in other places I've lived. This guy is hands-down the worst physician I have ever been to. His staff is nice, and maybe he is punctual, but I'm giving 1 star across the board so that readers will understand that they should run, not walk, away from this farce of a clinic. Here are specifics: 1. He was not prepared for my $350 initial appointment. He tried to skim my history – which had taken me several hours to prepare - while I was sitting there in front of him. 2. Came up with some BS diagnosis that had nothing to do with my rather severe symptoms. My diagnosis should have been obvious from my symptom list and a clinical exam (which he apparently feels he is too good to do. Hmm, a clinician who doesn't do clinical diagnosis. What's wrong with this picture?) He declined to consult with my referring physician, who has a wealth of observation and test data that could have pinpointed my problem off the bat. 3. He ignored the lab tests that I came in with because he wanted to do his own. Most of the ones he ordered were not relevant to my symptoms, but they were his personal favorites, so I plunked down several thousand dollars. Three months and no treatment later, he informs me that there are no "urgent" results from my (irrelevant) tests, so no hurry on treating me, but that I should spend another $300 to have him read the results to me. Oh, and then I should sign up for a couple thousand dollars of more testing, because more tests could help him pin down exactly what is going on with me. So, basically, he wants to treat lab tests instead of a living, breathing, suffering patient, and I have had to seek medical help elsewhere while he has dicked around waiting for test results. 4. He said several things during my initial appointment that made me cringe because they were so out of date. He made me sign a paper that said I would let go of expectations and follow his suggestions without question. (Apparently I was supposed to give up my expectation of actually receiving treatment.) He gave me a list of energy healing books to read and referred me to a PEMF machine salesman. He asked me to spend a hundred dollars on music tracks that could reduce “my resistance” to healing. (So he’s covered if I don’t get better: He can blame my refusal to buy the music.) To his credit, he did order IV therapy for me, but when I was unable to tolerate the therapy and was still suffering horribly, he lifted not the tiniest finger to help me further. So now I am out thousands of dollars, still sick, and really angry about being duped by this sorry excuse for a "healer."

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

Dr. Ok Kanodia has changed my life , I was sick with GI problems and went to three specialist that told me nothing was wrong, functional medicine is about getting to the root of the problem and not just treating the symptoms. If you are looking for a quick fix and not willing to make life style changes functional medicine is not for you but if you are willing to change your life and be open minded , your life will be forever changed. I am finally getting healthy and feeling better than I have in years. It did not happen over night and has been the hardest thing i have ever done, I have to the work and i am held accountable for my success no DR can do that for you. DR Klondike will give you the tools to get well and he is very knowledgeable and is able to find our root causes. A functional medicine is more expensive up front but you will save money in the long run , as you will be healthy and not develop chronic illness. I would and do recommend DR Klondia to my friends and family .

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Worst experience. The doctor talks down to you as if you are a child. Its all about money. I have heard that there has been multiple people going to this practice for a couple years and have not seen any changes. I would not recommend him as a doctor. I mean take a look at his other reviews.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

DO NOT be fooled - he just wants your money - and he has one heck of a sales pitch. We spent THOUSANDS of dollars for his help - to no avail. In speaking with several other patients, we found our initial diagnosis to be EXACTLY the same as them - too much stress, lingering mother issues and poor sleep. Go figure - that probably fits 99.9% of the population. He pushes outrageously expensive testing (of which he gets a percentage, and insurance does not cover) then charges you again to come back for a follow-up visit to "interpret" the results. His interpretation is just to circle highs and lows on the test results and then push supplements that supposedly help raise or lower those numbers. Then, to top it all off, you get to repeat the outrageously expensive testing every 90 days to see if the supplements are making a difference. He does not come to your appointment prepared. Interpretation is done on the spot because he "needs to see how you are feeling to properly interpret the testing". You pay $300/hr for him to re-ask questions you have already answered and watch him type on his computer. He does not even review the testing before your appointment. When questioned on this unprofessional behavior we got "that's how we do it here". Then you get a hard sell on all manner of things from supplements to "medical" devices to food to ancillary services. And don't dare question how a supplement will help your condition. When you ask him why or how a recommended supplement will help, he just gets super defensive and told us "this meeting is over, find another doctor". The staff will treat you as an inconvenience at best. The only positive thing I can say is that he is on time - albeit just to bilk you for more money.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I would NOT recommend Anup Kanodia as a physician. I went to him a few years ago, initially for help with diabetes/weight management. Later I began having fever, chills, nausea, vomiting every other week. When I told him about this, he just ignored it. 2 months later, I developed severe foot pain and could barely walk, while still experiencing the frequent flu-like symptoms. He rather curtly told me we would address the foot issue first and that the nausea, vomiting, fever, & chills was simply my body telling me I was “eating toxic things”, then sent me to a sports medicine doctor. I got sicker and sicker and finally ended up in an emergency room where they discovered I had a “blood infection” and sent me to a larger hospital. Only a few hours after admission, I went into septic shock. I know how serious sepsis is and am so thankful I didn't end up dead! No matter how “kind” he appears, beware of his medical ability – or lack thereof!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

After decades of searching for a practitioner that worked outside the common modalities of health practice I found Dr. Kanodia. He is very knowledgeable, methodical, kind, encouraging, and focused. The office environment is clean, welcoming, tranquil, and no one wears a white coat:) For me and my anxiety issues that was helpful. The office offers products for purchase that have been tested by Dr. Kanodia so I know I'm getting the best, but products are not pushed on you. His nutritionist that I work with is very knowledgeable and accessible. All the staff are welcoming and helpful. The medical advice that is offered has required me to adopted a new lifestyle habits. Dr. K has tools that are very useful in helping me reach my goals in developing those habits and the results have been awesome; I have my energy back! Cutting edge functional medicine!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Kanodia took the time to explore the root cause of my autoimmune disorders rather than pushing more pills. After 20 years with a traditional MD, I still was not feeling the way I wanted to. I have been working with Dr. Kanodia for seven months and am amazed at the transformation. I am completely off prescription drugs due to the personalized testing, supplements, and scientific based input on minimizing the damage I was doing to my own body. Simply amazing! Everyone deserves to feel this great and understand the way their own body works.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Kanodia will discover what is ailing you. If you have symptoms you have been dealing with traditional MD's and can"they seem to get any relief, are frustrated with how you feel and belive there is something more to your health concerns... go see Dr. Kanodia. He will run various tests to discover what imbalances may be contributing to your overall condition. Make sure you are serious about wanting to make changes, he'll expect you to make them as needed, but my experience is that if you are disciplined and follow his lead, you'll be glad you did.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Kanodia is a functional medicine doctor, so he looks at the whole body and works to get at the root cause of symptoms, not just treat symptoms with pills. He takes a lot of time with history, which helps to find the root cause. He also takes the time to listen to any concerns I might have without judgement. Unlike other doctors, I feel like I have a part in my own diagnostic and treatment plan. He tells me what he recommends and then lets me decide what I want to do, whether it is testing or treatment options. He also focuses on the importance of diet. I have a yeast overgrowth in my body, so he gave me a diet that can help treat that. We are also working on healing my leaky gut, which will help control the yeast. It is a slow process, but I know Dr. Kanodia can help me to regain my health.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Kanodia has changed my life drastically. My autoimmune problems had me overweight and very lethargic. I've been seeing him for 2 years and we have most conditions under control. He is non-judgmental and works within your limitations. Although the tests are pricey, he has no problem spacing them out due to financial constraints. I have recommended him to many people and have seen a positive change in them as well.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Anup K. Kanodia's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi, my name is Anup Kanodia. I am a conventionally trained Mayo Clinic Medical Doctor with three years of additional training in functional and integrative medicine both at Harvard University and with Dr. Mark Hyman. I am board-certified in family medicine and functional medicine. Our mission is clear: identify the root cause of your symptom, and eliminate it. This process is key to transforming your health and empowering you to live the joyful, vibrant life you were meant to live. Respectfully, Anup Kanodia, MD, MPH (Masters in Public Health), IFMCP (Institute for Functional Medicine Certification)

• English

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2009)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

• Phi Beta Kappa
  • American Heart Association Award
  • Trainee Awaard by Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine
  • Special Tribute Honor by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
  • Young Scientist Award by World Knowledge Dialogue
  • Community Health Achievement Award by Akron Health Department
  • Cancer For Kids Award by Akron Children's Medical Center
  • Health and Wellness Initiative Award by Ohio State University
  • Special Service Award for Service on the Executive Board of the North American Primary Care Research

• P4 Medicine, Part II: The Athletic Trainer in the Personalized Primary Care Setting.
  • A Personalized Systems Medicine Approach to Refractory Rumination.
  • Integrating Chiropractic into Primary Care.
  • Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Back Pain: Factors Associated with Perception of Helpfulness.
  • UTI in women over age 65: Is age alone a marker of complication?
  • 53 year-old man with a swollen finger
  • Assessing Adherence to Evidence Based Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections.
  • Cellular memory release: a new modality for depression.