Ratings for Dr. William J. Jekot

Let me start by saying I never EVER leave reviews on line, but in this case I'm making an exception. I had a torn ACL in my RT. knee that needed replacing so I went to Dr. Jekot for the surgery. It was a sports injury that I had lived with for years. He convinced me to do a graph from my own knee to rebuild the torn ACL, which I had a lot of concerns about ..but regardless I agreed to that and scheduled the surgery. I woke up from surgery freezing cold and over medicated. The pain was immense and lasted for weeks ( as did the over medication NEVER again will I fill a prescription for Oxy). I completed my therapy and went back to work thinking *it just takes time*. After a year of constant shifting of my knee, instability and swelling I went to another Orthopedic surgeon in Nashville and - just as I thought- my surgery was a complete failure and had to be redone. The ACL graph was much too long, completely useless and my knee was now worse than before. I cannot even imagine how this man is still in business - go somewhere else - anywhere else! My experiences with my new Orthopedic surgeon could not have been more different. He was patient and understood my apprehensions, answered all my questions, set realistic expectations, was attentive and took pride in his work. My knee has now been completely rebuilt and thankfully there is no long term effects from my first disastrous surgery with this man.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Worst experience ever. Would never go to this horrible man again. His nurse is just as bad. Do yourself a favor. Choose someone else.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Had a 9:45 appointment, signed in at 9:20. Wasn't taken back till 10:35. Staff working the desk was fine. Nurse that took me back was very rude. Dr Jekot came in and after brief evaluation ask what I wanted to do without even giving me any recommendations, opinions anything. lasted all of about 5 minutes. Came out knowing no more than I did when I went in. I do not plan on returning to this office.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Had accident out of town. Brought X-ray to his office for first visit. He said it was tendinitis and gave me the shots for about eight months off and on. Sent me to physical therapy . After about two weeks physical therapist said I needed an MRI. Had that done and was told it was a torn rotator cuff. Jekot did the surgery and said the tear was massive and was unable to do the laser. It was the most miserable year of my life pain wise . Had he done the MRI in the first place instead of shots and physical therapy, I'm sure the tear would not have become massive. In physical therapy I was doing isometrics with a torn rotator cuff. Bad, bad experience.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my mother who injured her shoulder at work. 1. The staff was alright, besides the nurse that calls you in. She was rude and was too much in a hurry to get it done and get out. 2. It seems like they overbook themselves or they are just slow. We had an appointment at 8:40 am and did not get called in till 9:20am. 3. My mother injured her shoulder and we still do not know what is wrong. Dr. Jekot keeps telling us she sprained her shoulder. My mother had an MRI of the shoulder and when we asked about the results, he said surgery is not needed at first. Then he said he can heal on its own. My mom told him it hurts too much and she can not work, so now he said then we'll have to do surgery. We are going to see another doctor who maybe can be a much better help to us.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

I have advanced degenerative arthritis and had to have surgery several years ago. Dr. Jekot did an excellent job on the surgery and provided wonderful follow-up care. I also liked the nurse who changed my dressings. She is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I had the misfortune of having Dr. Jekot operate on my knee. He repaired the meniscus and shaved some off the kneecap. He told me to put no weight on it the first week. At my followup he was mad that I wasn't walking without crutches. It took 2 weeks before he finally decided to send me to physical therapy. I was out of work the entire month of November last year. Just recently I went back to him because my knee (same one) started hurting for no reason. He decided to give me a cortisone shot. He stood across the room and sprayed the numbing spray on my knee. The next thing I know, I'm being stabbed with the needle. He didn't give me any warning the he was about to do the shot. Of course I cried out when he did this, then afterwards he said "It didn't hurt that bad" in his snide tone. My appt. was at 9:30. I didn't get called back until at least 10:30 and I saw him maybe a total of 3 minutes. By the time I got back to work which is literally 5 minutes away it was 11:45.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

Broke Ulna/ dislocated elbow. Waited 6 hours unsplinted for Jekot to arrive, causing major additional soft tissue damage. Inserted plate and screws. Several screws were not seated properly; could palpate two screw heads and shanks immediately post surgical, all screws backing out after 5 months. New casting material (fiberglass splint w/compression wraps) never fit properly; far too long both upper and lower, resulting in flesh wounds to wrist and inside upper arm, torqued to the inside resulting in severe wrist pain. Released from hospital with breathing issues, developed pneumonia. First office visit was scheduled @ 5 days by his office - refused to see me because it was too soon. Never listened or responded to my issues/concerns about pain/screws. Refused to send to PT, refused to release surgical records until I threatened a laywer, records were inconsisntant with treatment. Refused to release post surgical xrays. Revision surgery to be performed at 6 months by different surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

Dr. William J. Jekot's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal