Dr. Padma Nanduri

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Padma Nanduri

EXCELLENT PRACTICE. DR. NANDURI IS AMAZING!! NOT ONLY DOES SHE CHECK YOUR EYES BUT ALSO CHECKS YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM TO MAKE SURE NOTHING ELSE IS AFFECTING YOUR EYES. YOU WON'T FIND A BETTER DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

My experience with Dr. Nanduri was exceptional. Dr. Nanduri was referred by a friend who had a successful cataract surgery with the latest crystal lenses. At the time, I had no idea how Dr. Nanduri’s experience, intelligence, education and intuition would save my eyesight. She treated me for chronic dry eye using stem cell therapy –one of the only physicians in the Western United States to use this technique. Then, in August, I woke up and my eyesight was blurred. I saw a retina specialist, a cornea specialist, and several general medicine practitioners; all without a satisfying results. I called Dr. Nanduri in frustration on Friday and she was able to see me on Tuesday. After various diagnostic testing (using the latest in equipment) she came to the conclusion that I could possibly have a cyst in or near the pituitary gland. An MRT confirmed this diagnosis. Dr. Nanduri found what others could not. Impressive, but not surprising. When you enter Dr. Nanduri’s office you notice the difference right away. There are no shelves filled with overused patient folders, the staff is friendly and caring, and Dr. Nanduri is a professional doctor who greets you with optimistic enthusiasm. She uses her expertise and training to leave no stone unturned, and finds solutions presently and in the future to keep your eyes in the best health possible. I feel so lucky that we have an Ophthalmologist of this caliber in San Diego.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Excellent clinic! Dr.Nanduri treats her patience with respect, and takes the time to listen to treat you the best possible way. I had two procedures with her and I would not have chosen anyone else! She is an outstanding doctor. All the staff is also very attentive and calls you right back when you have a concern.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr Nanduri is a Very rude and non professional eye doctor for instance she came in my room and told me that I have other patient waiting outside so I cannot spent long time with you, .professionally she should have said. "how are you today , is everything OK? " let me exam your eyes" I think this Dr Nanduri she care more about making money than our health

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

fairly long wait, then everything came with an extra charge "not covered by insurance" I was told. Rip off !!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

good doctor. Has an extremely long wait time. Charges extra for pics taken with a digital camera which I could have given her my camera to take and save myself $35.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Great doctor with excellent bedside manner. Wait time is long but once in you are with her she makes you feel like you are the only one that matters at that time. Knowledgeable beyond belief about everything. Staff is just as nice.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. Nanduri took alot of her time to explain to me about my eye condition. I had to see her on an emergency.I paid my co-payment and also chose to have her use a special photography which allowed me to not be dilated cince my eye hurt already. She saw me for a follow up and is now my regular eye doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Doctor is very friendly. They do suggest some extras not covered by insurance but you have the choice to say NO. One such option was a cool way to take pictures of the inside of the eye which cost about 30 to 40 bucks (not covered by insurance)...with this technique they wouldn't have to dilate my eyes...which I loved.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Rip-off place. They took 3 pictures of my eye with a normal digital camera and charged me $35 for it. Adds on all sorts of hidden costs, not covered by insurance.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

Dr. Padma Nanduri's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Padma Nanduri, M.D., F.A.C.S. is the lead surgeon and physician at Dr. Nanduri’s Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group based in La Jolla,CA, County of San Diego CA. Dr. Nanduri received her medical degree from the prestigious University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester New York and is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist. Dr. Nanduri previously served as assistant clinical professor, at UCSD School of Medicine training ophthalmology residents and fellows. At Dr. Nanduri’s Associated Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group, we are fully dedicated to improving and preserving sight, offering comprehensive vision care for any disease or disorder of the eye. The physicians at Dr. Nanduri’s Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group put special emphasis on bringing our patients the most advanced technology in ophthalmology available in a private practice. The experienced and skilled physician’s staff includes Libro E. DiZinno, M.D. Eye Physician and Surgeon, Glaucoma consultation and surgery, and Martin Friedlander, M.D. Ph.D , retinal specialist. About Our Practice: Dr. Nanduri’s Associated Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group is a full comprehensive ophthalmology practice offering eye care ranging from routine eye exams to complex surgical procedures of the eye. The physicians at Dr. Nanduri’s Associated Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group have performed thousands of delicate eye surgeries such as cataract surgery with advanced lens implant techniques, LASIK, and other refractive surgery procedures, glaucoma surgery, pterygium removal with and without AmnioGraft, retinal surgery, eye lid and strabismus surgery and have extensive experience in diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye, eye trauma and disorders. Dr. Nanduri’s Associated Eye Surgeon’s Medical Group is available for ocular emergencies 24 hours a day. Contact via the office telephone number 858-450-1010

• Spanish
  • Telugu
  • Hindi

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1994)

• Cataract surgery
  • LASIK eye surgery
  • Dry eyes
  • Ocular rosacea

• Chief Resident, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis MO
  • Medical Degree with Distinction in Research, University of Rochester, Rochester NY
  • Rhodes Scholar Nominee, Syracuse University, Syracuse NY