Ratings for Dr. Dennis M. Brustein

He is a awkward doctor. Doesnt really talk much. He prescribed me doxy for my acne. 6 weeks later did a follow up and he didnt really ask me any questions about my treatment. Just sat there with awkward silence for literally 1-2 minutes thinking in my head "is he gonna say something"? He seems like he just wants to get it over with and on with his life.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

I saw Doctor Dennis Brustein for the first time several years ago and I knew right away that it should also be my last. I found Dr. Brustein to be dismissive,inflexible,condescending and quite frankly patronisingly unfreindly. Over the phone Dr.Brustein even enticed with hopes of a far more preferable prognosis/treatment than the only one he actualy ended up being willing to provide in person after I took the time to see him at his office. When I respectfuly tryed to confront Dr. Dennis Brustein with such factors and attempted to reason with him he virtualy treated me as if I was some sort of importunate lower caste pesant who was wasting his own upper caste "royal highnes's" precious time. In contrast to this Dr.Brustein seemed to have no cosideration for my own time that I was taking out of my own life to meet with him on a weekday in the middle of the afternoon. I self conciously thought it was just me at the time but now I see that so many others have had similar bad expereinces.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

This doctor thinks his**** does not stink! What a waste of time and money it is to see him, I felt like I was a factory item and there was no time for my concerns, out the 4 issues I went to get help with, I got one answer: They sell special band aids in the pharmacy--Put one to lessen the pressure when you walk! Everything else was no big deal for him and he showed complete insensitivity and I totally agree with the other reviewer who called him Dismissive and Condescending. He has a superiority complex that does not go well with the services he is supposed to provide. Time to retire buddy! I wish I would have read these reviews before making my appointment!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This Dr was dismissive and condescending. He said he was not "impressed" with my hair loss. He refused to do a biopsy on a mole I wanted removed. Disappointment with this physician.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

This Doctor should not be allowed to practice. I back up what I am saying by all the many negative reviews posted here. My personal experience would just add more of the same, that this person in an insensitive,uncaring, unprofessional who doesn't deserve to use the title of Dr but Quack instead. To that effect I have sent in a complaint against him to the NY State Department of Health Office of Professional Medical Conduct (433 River St. Suite 303, Troy NY 12180-2299. I don't wish harm on anyone, but this person must be questioned, an examined by the committee & his license revoked ASAP.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Horrible. He ruined my skin, prescribed steroids for my face when I'd tried desperately to suggest that I have rosacea. Of course steroids backfired and gave me horrible intense flares that took a year of another dermatologist's work to fix. I had so much acne because of him as well, strangers in store shops would offer me soap to "wash my face," as if that'd work. Yeah right. I just had very sensitive skin and was given the wrong treatment, I was even told by him to throw away my "magnifying mirror," how "wise." whatta quack. Dr. Brustein's worst qualities include that of a horrible listener. His NYU degree isn't cutting it, he's basically just collecting his paycheck. By the way, he took personal calls on his cell phone with me sitting right next to him. I'd get less than 5 minutes of his time and 3 of those were me listening to his details about going to the post office. Thanks Dr. Brustein. Ever heard of steroid induced rosacea? Be willing to do some footwork if you don't know

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Dennis M. Brustein's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Healthnet