Ratings for Dr. Barbara M. Nies

A trustworthy, honest, and caring doctor. Thank you for helping me get my daughter here safely with all the complications that I had during my pregnancy. She is very knowledgeable and will do what she can to make sure you and your baby are healthy. I appreciate her more than words can describe!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Nies is wonderful, highly skilled and brought our twins into the world, without her we do not think it would have been possible. She is a high risk physician at INOVA.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Some people should not become doctors. Dr. Nies is one of these people. She has the absolute worst bedside manner. She only focused on all of the things that can go wrong in a twin pregnancy and wouldn't even bother to talk about anything else since she believed their was a problem with one of the twins. She wanted us to come back for a follow up appointment and told us it would be hard to squeeze us in. Thankfully, we got a second opinion immediately and what Dr. Nies said could be a fatal issue is actually common in identical twins and nothing to worry about. No way I would let this woman give me any further medical advice nor deliver my babies! I hope you also find yourself another doctor/practice.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Nies is one of the most knowledeable high risk OB doctors. She is also very nice with me and other patients, extremely patient and supportive.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr. Nies is amazing. She helped and her colleagues helped my wife through a pregnancy with multiple complications. Her colleague, Dr. Bronsky delivered our twins in an emergency c-section at 34 weeks. All are well! Dr. Nies knows her stuff and never makes you feel rushed with your questions. The office runs like clockwork and the staff is fantastic.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

Dr. Nies is a wonderful doctor and helped us through a complicated pregnancy with our mono/di (identical) twins. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and attentive. The wait in the antenatal testing center can be long, but it is well worth it to see the outstanding doctors of Perinatal Associates.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I was recommended to Perinatal Associates after having 3 miscarriages. My consultation with Dr. Khoury was horrible! He made faces when I told him about my history and even at one point, said "Oh my!" in a very negative tone. He made me take aspirin and Lovenex injections when all my tests came back fine! Then Dr. Al Koutly was rude and rushed everything. She felt annoyed when I asked questions. I then had to deal with Dr. Neis for my 4th miscarriage and she refused to see me after I did not get my period after 9 weeks after the D & C she did. The nurse did not call me back for almost 2 weeks until I had to call over and over. THe office staff was very rude as well. NOt happy with this office at ALL!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

I could not be in better hands! I agree, that she seems somewhat reserved, but she warms to you with time. She was fantastic all through my pregnancies and could not have asked for any better care when I delivered my children. She is helpful, empathetic, knowledgeable, punctual, and caring. You can put all your trust in Dr.Nies. She is the best doctor I have ever had. Always available, friendly, and reassuring in difficult times. She is just great

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Nies was terrific - very calm, very professional, reassuring, and caring. Baby, hubby, and I were in very good hands, through a high-risk pregnancy with gestational diabetes, advanced maternal age, and C-section. We all came through in top condition and felt very well-cared-for.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

Dr. Nies was absolutely wonderful; kind, helpful, competent, and caring.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007

Dr. Barbara M. Nies's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1984)

Davis Vision
Eyemed Vision Care
Spectera Eyecare Networks
Superior Vision
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)