Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Levey

I came to Dr. Levey after seeing many other qualified, highly recommended doctors who had no clue how to manage my condition. Dr. Levey is very pro-active, doesn't wait for conditions to worsen to address them, and is a fast-paced, cut-to-the-chase kind of guy. He obviously really cares about his patients, and isn't annoyed by my speaking up and asking questions! He won't do a surgery if he doesn't think it will help, and is honest about treatment options and what to expect. He's a bit of a multi-tasker, but I don't mind as I've had calmer, quieter doctors who were either total crap or useless. He's also an excellent surgeon. Dr. Levey has improved my quality of life immensely, and has helped give me my life back, when other doctors had let me just go on suffering. But I don't mind if the nay-sayers go somewhere else, as he'll have more open appointments for me!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Rude, arrogant, bad advice. See Yelp for his real reviews. I strongly suspect those on other sites are fake.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Worst bedside manner I've ever encountered and a complete quack. I read another review where he sent the patient to a psychiatrist as he did upon my visit. I asked him where his expertise came into play regarding mental health as I didn't see any diploma on his wall as an expert on this subject. I came to him for pain management not a psychological evaluation. He was arrogant and nasty and in my opinion suffers from an extreme case of narcissism and it is he who needs mental help.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He prescribed me a pill which he was not qualified to take me off and sent me to a psychiatrist - for which he had no referral. Waiting room time was typically 30 min, not including the time spent waiting in the exam room (usually another 10.) Exams and visits were rushed - I rarely had more than 5-7 minutes face time and felt like I couldn't always ask questions or tell him things because I felt belittled. I paid $60 per visit for this. I told him I was taking a pill for yeast orally (because that is what it said to do on the pill bottle) and he asked me how I thought that would get to my vagina. I left NYC a few months ago and have finally set up an appointment for a new gynecologist. I requested to have my records released to my new doctor and was told by the office staff that it would be 75 cents PER PAGE. I asked why - because I have never had a doctor charge me for the release of my medical records - and she said "Because that is the maximum amount Dr. Levey can legally charge."

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I rarely leave rating, but Dr. Levey and his staff definitely deserve it! My entire experience at this office was pleasant; from the appointment, to my conversations with Dr. Levey regarding diagnosis and treatment options, to scheduling the best procedure, pre-op, surgery, post-op. Dr. Levey is extremely brilliant and I knew from our first visit that I was in the best hands. He has changed my life. I pray that God continue to bless him and the work that he does!! Keep up the great job!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Very unpleasant experience with this doctor. I would not recommend him to anyone. Poor communication between myself and his staff lead to a very unpleasant follow up visit which left me feeling very demeaned. No patient should ever have to feel mistreated by the very doctor who is supposed to be helpful. I have been to many doctors who may not be as compassionate as they might be, yet there as always existed a degree of professionalism and protocol that patients expect and deserve especially under such circumstances as chronic pelvic pain!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Levey has been spot on in figuring out my problems. He doesn't jump to a BS diagnosis like most doctors do. Trust me, I saw 13 before him. He looks at the big picture not just one symptom and goes one by one to rule things out. Yes, he will refer you out if you have an overlapping problem that he doesn't treat. Most people with chronic pelvic pain have more than one thing going on. He also understands how difficult pelvic pain is to treat. I personally have never had a problem with any of his staff or his personality. I actually find his personality a little relaxing since it's a break from the stress of pain. I like to joke around to lighten up procedures I need and he does the same. He is a very busy guy but he will call you back or e-mail you as soon as he can. He's really been the only doctor I've trusted with this and I also think he respects the fact that I know so much about pelvic pain. I would recommend him to anyone I know with pelvic pain.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Dr. Levey is an amazing Physician and a brilliant Surgeon! I've seen over a dozen specialists and have had multiple surgeries. He was willing to think outside of the box and bring other specialists on board with him. Although he is a busy man, he really does care about his patients! I can email him at any time and usually get a quick, personal response. I travel 4 hours to see him, but it's worth it! No more being passed around from Doc to Doc!! He's worth seeing if you have ANY pelvic pain issue!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Dr. Levey is definitely worth waiting for. Even though he was running 30 min late to my first appointment he was able to do surgery with robot when all the other – five docs!!! –said they couldn’t and would have to open me. He’s the best and explained everything to me- I felt comfortable with him from the beginning and would recommend him to anyone for fibroid surgery.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

One thing I noticed about their office was how absolutely fantastic it smelled. They must clean or sanitize all the time. When comparing them to others I have visited for the same condition, they are among the best I have seen. I could tell that they took pride in their office's appearance. It was very well organized and well taken care of. They explained all the risks and benefits of my treatment options. Everything was explained in detail, all my questions were answered, and I felt a lot better about choosing a treatment plan. Everything they told me in the beginning ended up turning out exactly the way they said it would. They were able to provide me everything they promised me. I've never doubted their abilities.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Dr. Kenneth Levey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kenneth A. Levey completed both college and medical school at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He completed his residency on Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2001 and his Masters in Public Health in 2001 at the George Washington University Medical Center. He has been a faculty member at the NYU Langone Medical Center since 2001. While at NYU, Dr. Levey founded the Bellevue Hospital chronic pelvic pain clinic where women with chronic pelvic pain continue to be treated. He is also the founder and Director of the NY Pelvic Pain and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery P.C. The group of subspecialty physicians focuses on unique multidisciplinary approaches to diagnose and manage women with chronic pelvic pain. This includes endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, interstitial cystitis, nerve entrapments, pelvic musculoskeletal disorders, rheumatologic disorder, gastrointestinal, female reproductive, and psychiatric disorders. Dr. Levey is a well known expert in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. He has used his skills in laparoscopy and robotic surgery to help women avoid hysterectomy, treat fibroids, endometriosis, large pelvic masses and chronic pelvic pain. He also receives referrals from other surgeons to treat highly complex benign gynecologic conditions. He is an active member of the faculty at the Robotic Surgery Center at NYU. He is a member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, International Pelvic Pain Society, and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He is a Fellow of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as the American College of Surgeons.

• English

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)
  • George Washington University (Grad. 2001)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Uterine fibroids