Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Isaacs

I had really poor experience with this doctor. As if he does not listen to you and your problems.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I feel compelled to write a small review. I had visited Dr. Issacs maybe 12years ago for PCOS. My interaction with him was everything short of medical care. He didn't listen, he doesn't spend much time with you, wants endless amount of blood work which I had previously had done already, and then tried to sell me his very own nutrition supplements. And to top it all off I cancelled a future appt by phone and then received a bill in the mail for my "No Show". I called to dispute it with no resolution. The reason I'm on here now is because my girlfriend was recommended to see him. I said proceed with caution and out of my own curiosity I wanted to see if there where any reviews. Surprise, surprise!!!! Same ol same w this dude Side note: I don't usually write bad reviews because I work in an industry both medical and cosmetic providing services and I realize that things aren't always what they seem. But to read the very things I experienced some 10 + years ago..... My advice would be find another endocrinologist

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I had a poor experience with this doctor. I am hypothyroid and went to him for help in reducing my hypo symptoms and losing weight I had gained since while being hypo. My t3 and t4 were treated together with one pill and I was put on an 1100 calorie diet. I was told to eat fruits and vegetables and avoid processed food. It took 6 months to lose just over 15lbs. 2 months later I started gaining weight again and felt sluggish and horrible. He told me to concentrate on maintaining my weight and not to focus on loosing weight, even though I was still overweight. He said the next step would involve"drastic measures". I found a different endo, was put on separate meds for t3 and t4, put on a low carb diet which meant cutting out all of the fruit Dr. Isaacs had me on. I felt better and started losing - allot of weight. I am down 27lbs to my pre hypo weight, eat well over the 1100 calorie starvation diet I was on and feel like my old self. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone suffering from hypothyroidism.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

This physician needs to improve his interpersonal skills. He lacks compassion and empathy. I mentioned to him that my memory is not as sharp. I am post-menopausal. He told me that I might have dementia, and he was doing to refer me immediately to a neurologist. I do not have dementia, and my memory is still not as sharp. In addition, he told me I needed a drug for cholesterol. Did he not REMEMBER that he prescribed the drug 2 months ago, and I am on the drug now. Should he be referred to a neurologist to check for dementia????

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Isaacs is remarkable. He has been open to trying new medications and seems to be very up to date with the new treatments. He never makes me feel rushed and I feel like I can ask him anything. He is easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor. I love the office, which is a small building near Northside hospital. The staff is lovely and his nurse Janet is so caring. He always gets back to me with lab results within a couple of days.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have seen many doctors for PCOS, but Dr. Isaacs is different. He is so encouraging and seems to really understand how difficult it can be. I could not lose weight no matter how hard I tried. In fact, I was gaining weight! Dr. Isaacs prescribed Victoza and it has helped me lose 18 pounds so far. I am so happy that he listened to me and helped me. I finally feel like I can be normal.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr. Isaacs is a terrific doctor. I was surprised to see such mixed reviews on this site because my experience was nothing but positive. I was referred to Dr. Isaacs by Dr. Arnold Mellits. He has always made an effort to communicate with Dr. Mellits about all of my issues. He is patient, caring and knowledgeable. I will continue seeing Dr. Isaacs and I would not hesitate to refer my family and friends if they need an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

One word for you; arrogance. Staff is ok, but Dr. Issaics could care less in my opinion. Plan on at least an hour or more of wait time with only 5-10 minutes face to face with the doctor at a very expensive rate. Please do your homework before choosing this practice.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

find somebody else.. He is very intelligent, but you don't benefit from his knowledge by being one of his patients. I'm unsure what the deal is with this guy.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Scott is outstanding. He treats me like his own family. Calls are always returned promptly and lab reports are always mailed with a detailed explanation. He is very thorough and attentive. I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Scott D. Isaacs's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1993)

GHI