Ratings for Dr. Anthony A. Luciano

I believe Dr Luciano is good at what he does and is very knowledgable. However he completely dropped the ball with my husband and I. My husband and I could not get pregnant and after many tests we discovered my husband had a low sperm count and motility. We were told our real option would be IVF. The last step in the process is meeting with another Dr because Luciano's office uses a diff hospital for the procedure. At that meeting the Dr questioned my husbands results and after 1 more simple test diagnosed my husband with retrograde ejaculation. Something where IVF may not be necessary. We waisted an entire year with Luciano between the long wait to get appointments and not being able to get one when needed pushing the start of the IVF back almost 3 months. Not to mention being misdiagnosed. My suggestion is if it's boy troubles stay away. Go somewhere where they specialize in treating men. My suggestion would be UConn Farmington.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

DR ANTHONY Luciano is the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctor that I have ever known. I've been in pain for a long time on April 25th 2014 I had a surgery 730am till 1130am I left at 515pm to come home to rest today is Tuesday April 29 2014 i have very minimum Pain. nothing can compare the pain that I was living with. Thank you for listening to me after six other doctors. I had a large fibroid tumor attached to my uterus and bladder uncomfortable in pain everyday now im free of pain and in the process of healing now I can finally live productive life. I will always be grateful to you Dr Luciano and your kind staff sincerely Tina Brown

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. Luciano is a wonderful doctor. He is known to be the best in the state for fibroid/endometriosis issues. He removed my fibroids, and the surgery was successful. I highly recommend him and have absolutely no reservations about his skill or competence. However, his office leaves little to be desired. As someone noted in an older review, his nurse Jan is rude. Her phone and in person manner is quite a put off. Probably the most unprofessional person I've met to date. Val is awesome though, I believe she is the receptionist. I would have gone back to this office for IUI but because of the treatment I received from the nurse, I will go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I have had the best experience with Dr. Luciano! He is very kind, gentle and informative. When explaining why something is happening or what the next steps are, he doesn't just assume you understand the medical terms, he gives a very detailed descripton and encourages you to ask questions. After surgery, he immediately checked in with my loved ones, with photo's in hand and details of how everything went. He also came to check on me in recovery. My post op appointments have been just as pleasant as my pre op appointments. I love the ladies in this office and am very taken back by the negative comments about them. I honestly can't even imagine them being "rude" or "snotty" to anyone. I have laughed and shared stories with these women. They have contributed to my positive experience at Dr. Luciano's office. I would reccomend Dr. Luciano and his staff to anyone looking for answers!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I have had severe abdominal pain and ovarian cysts for the past two years. My gynecologist couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, and I was less than impressed with their work. So, I paid a visit to Dr. Luciano and I couldn't be happier that I did. At the first appointment they suspected endometriosis, and scheduled an appointment for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. The whole process was smooth and simple. He explained everything to me in detail, and even showed me pictures from the surgery at my post op appointment so I could see firsthand exactly what was there, and what he did. I was diagnosed with Stage III endometriosis. He has always listened carefully to my concerns, and he's incredibly patient and caring. Every woman would be lucky to have him as her surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I can not even begin to state how disappointed I am with this doctors office. The nurse Jan and the receptionist Heidi and the remainder of the staff have been so repeatedly rude to me whenever I have called. Even to just get test results over the phone they were extremely rude. Also the nurse just called left me a v/m message indicating she was documenting in my chart that I received a medication that I actually am still awaiting for them to call into my insurance company for approval. If you think you may have simple questions for the nurse or front desk to answer don't bother going to this doctors office because they treat the patients with no respect and they are so incredibly rude!!!!!! Also in reading the review it looks like I am not alone and others have also commented on how rude the staff is. I wished I looked up the reviews on the doctors office before going.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Dr Luciano and his daughter are the absolute BEST at their skill. He performed surgery on me last year and the progression of the entire process was wonderful. He explained everything in detail, always listened to the million questions i had and answered everyone. He is patient, kind and sensitive. My recovery time was phenomenal..about 3 weeks to remove fibroids and scar tissue.. I really commend him and thank him for making me better and for making the experience 'not' so scary.. HE is the BEST, so is his daughter and the rest of the staff. PLeasurable experience all the way around - i would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Luciano is a wonderful doctor. He recently performed surgery on my ovary and uterus. It was the third surgery I've had for ovarian cysts but the first time with him. He showed me photos and explained everything. Apparently I had quite a lot of endometriosis, a cyst larger than my uterus and a problem with the uterus where a baby would implant. I've miscarried in the past and he seems to think that could have been why. He has corrected all of this. My previous OBGYN never even mentioned any of it other than saying that I had "a little bit of endometriosis." The only problems I have with him are indirect and mostly have to do with the long wait time to see him and the sometimes snotty front desk people. His PA is wonderful. She's always in a good mood and acts like she really wants to be there. Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Luciano.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

I have had 6 surgeries due to stage IV endo/cysts, him doing 2 of them and both times have been a great experience. I am only 29 yrs old so infertility is a huge concern for me and he has been nothing but kind and understanding. I will be starting IVF soon and would not think of having it done w/ anyone else but Dr. Luciano.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr. Luciano and staff are great. Only two critques. (1) sometimes you need to take follow up into your own hands. On the plus side, they never seemed ruffled by me doing this. (2) wish he'd pay a little more attention to the whole body interaction. I've had two drug reactions under his care and both times they involved other systems. Each of them seemed to be a mystery to Dr. Luciano, which is odd since you'd think someone who knows about endocrinology would realize there can be effects of tinkering with it on other parts/systems in the body.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Anthony A. Luciano's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)