Ratings for Dr. Pedro A. Ruggiero

I have known Dr.Ruggiero for about 12 years and he has always been respectful, professional, knowledgeable in his field and a very good friend.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr. Ruggiero is an excellent Chiropractor. Two weeks ago I went in to see Dr. Ruggiero because since 2008 I was diagnosed with having Meniere's Disease, a severe disorder of the inner ear, which causes severe vertigo attacks, balance problems, and severe ringing either on one ear or both, which leads to hearing loss. About a year ago, the Meniere's Disease attacks came more frequent with severe headaches, which I had not experienced. I began to miss a lot of days from work, as doctors could not do much for me. I jumped from doctor to doctor trying to find answers to certain symptoms I had, which did not match with the symptoms of Meniere's Disease. I went through seven different Neurologist at UCLA, but none had answers. I went to an ophthalmologist seeking to find out why my vision was blurry all the time and my eyes red. Also, my eyelids drooped especially most on the left side. The UCLA ophthalmologist simply told me my eyes were good and my eyelids were sagging because I was old. No test were done, and I left never to returned. The last neurologist at UCLA I saw pretty much gave me three choices. There is no cure for my Meniere's Disease and the only option I have is to remove the whole ear completely, severed the nerve, or have some shots in the ear drum. No test was done to even show me that I have Meniere's or possibly something else. My husband and I walked away and did not return to UCLA doctors. I eventually started feeling better on my own and returned to work. But, I have a sickness that I can not control it comes and goes. My sickness came back this year and I had to go out on disability again. My husband who has not lost hope decided to use alternative medicine and that's how we came across Doctor Ruggiero. I saw Dr. Ruggiero 12 years ago when I used to run marathons and I had sciatica. He helped me then, so I trust that he can help me now. For the past two weeks he has done wonders. I am able to sleep on my back, I do not feel the in-balance feeling I was having, the headaches are gone, he has helped my TMJ, which doctors for many years had said I do not have TMJ, and he is currently working to get rid of my tinitis. I don't feel my head like I used to, this terrible pressure behind my eyes, nor this sense of fullness. I am able to lay on my face at night with out any pain or sensitivity. I can hear from my right ear when I snap my fingers, which doctors had tested me with lost of hearing at 65%. I am very thankful to God and Doctor Ruggiero. I believe in him and I know God has guided me to him again to help me heal. I highly recommend Dr. Ruggiero. Thank you Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015