Dr. Tenley N. Bower

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tenley N. Bower

Wasted 2 years sending me away for other contact lens fittings. Was very vague on future replacement tissue transplants. Left me replacing her recently!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Very busy processing a large number of patients. I had a hard time getting the first appointment; my optometrist called multiple times. I had several appointments getting laser holes drilled for low angle glaucoma and had one eye surface scraped. There was a lot of waiting, but I expected that. She is very quick with every procedure, and seems quite competent. I was happy with the interaction, as she explained clearly and was happy to answer questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

She sent me for a battery of tests and then referred to to another doctor with the same specialty. She only forwarded one test result to the other doctor and didn’t tell him I didn’t know the results. When I asked for the test results form the second doctor, he said I had to get them for her. She refused to see me and give me my results. Who needs that kind of run around?

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Last visit waited over 2 hours to get in just for assistants. Today already 1 1/2 hours waiting. Receptionist didn’t even look up when I checked in. Disgusting.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

I'd unfortunately have to agree with the reviewer below who feels she is so rushed and constantly behind that she never takes the time to actually listen. There is something to be said for efficiency, but Dr. Bower just rushes everything doing a haphazard job to get through more patients (ie. More money!!). A medical appointment for her must truly mean 2 minutes maximum. I'd like to see her appointment slots because she must book two per 5 minutes. She doesn't ask me any questions about how I am doing or managing. Just wants to take a cursory look and get onto her next paycheck. I mean patient.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

When I read all these reviews I am flabbergasted that not one of them mentions her lack of 'Punctuality' or her ridicules hastiness. I have been to Dr. Bower MORE than 5 times. She is consistently LATE, each and every time, no exceptions. And everyone else has the same experience. So either the reviews are fake, everyone doing a review has dementia, or they are simply selecting false #'s to prop up her over-all ratings. Once you finally get in, LATE, for what Dr/ Bower considers a appt, 90-180 seconds, you can tell she is knowledgeable - MONEY hungry as all get out. She has near zero respect for the fact that you waited at LEAST 45 minutes past your appointment time, and offers you a contrite apology. I don't care how good she thinks she is, no-one can do a through job in 90-180 seconds. 180 being the max she ever spent on me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Patient and kind. Very happy with her knowledge and bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Dr Bower was great when I saw her. Very thorough and professional. I feel very fortunate to have her treating me.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Bower is very talented and has excellent knowledge about what she is doing. She was very helpful and highly efficient. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bower.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Bower did both my eyes and the results were amazing. She is personable, extremely skilled and very efficient. We are so fortunate to have her in Winnipeg. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017