Ratings for Dr. John R. Dimar

I have had 6 surgeries on my spine, and all were done by Dr. Dimar. All surgeries were done because of stenosis of the spine, and rods and screws were used. I am fused from my neck to my tailbone. I would put my life in his hands any time. He was always very courteous and caring. Never was he rude to me or my family. He took the time to explain every surgery to us and what to expect after. I have been going to him since the 90's and because of his skills, I am walking today. Before my last surgery I was walking with a cane and could not straighten up. After my last surgery, I was able to straighten up and walk without a cane or any other means. Dr. Dimar has been a god send to me and my family. I consider him one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to and would recommend him to any one. He is my angel of mercy. I don't like to see people saying bad things about him when I know better. Maybe they didn't listen to him and do what he said. If you don't follow his instructions he may not be happy. He has been the best thing that has ever happened to me with my back problems. Thank you Dr. Dimar. If you think he doesn't have a heart you are wrong. My brother was his patient and when he passed away he sent flowers for his funeral.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Rude crude arrogant uncommunicative talks down to his patients. I resent being told if my doctor was a REAL doctor, he would be working at a major teaching facility. I understand he has excellent surgical skills. He should take the time to tell the patient.what to expect from the surgery. If the goal is to stabilize the spine, you may get a little temporary relief until the body starts to produce scar tissue and bone spurs at the site. By the way, he tag teams with a neurosurgeon which is great. Each takes care of his area of expertise. I don't know if he still works with Dr Roque. If so, he is the opposite of Dimar. The surgeon you see first, has the lead on the case. The last time I had to have some repair and revision of existing hardware, I went to see Roque first and had minimum contact with Dimar..

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Dimar does not take the time to listen to his patients!! I had surgery on October 2014. Almost 4 months later and still numbness and pain in my left and right arms. The pain and numbness is actually worse than it was before the surgery. I tell him all this each and every time I have a office visit. I go see him after he released me to go back to work cause I lost grip in my hands and fell down a flight of stairs. He asks me in a very rude and mean voice of what would I like for him to do? This really made me feel like I had done something wrong. I was told he was having a bad day... Does this make it alright for a doctor to act this way? This particular appointment wait time was too long. My appointment time was 2:45 pm and I did not get to see the doctor until almost 4:45 pm. Went back to the room waited in the room for another hour. I finally got out of the office at 5:45 pm. So to summarize it all after waiting 3 hours I left the office still hurting and feeling like I got fuzzed at my doctor. All I want is answers on what his plans was...but he left the room and never came back into my room!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

good in all areas rated probably Louisville. Most are not helpful, never on time. staff is also above the norm in l'ville. He has superior knowledge in his profession

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Dr. Dimar was very attentive and helped me to understand what was happening with my back. After surg he made checked on me everyday in the hospital and had his nurse check on me after I went home. I would recommend him to anyone and would have full confidence in him if one of my family members were injured and he was the surgeon to take care of them.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

dimar operated on my spine. Surgery failed 3 months later. Either he or the Neurologist messed up my kidneys. Today, I can walk 3 minutes only. Spend all day & part of night on sofa. They ruined me. Dimar is harsh in talking with his pts..never came to hosp. to see me while I was on a ventilator. My husband had to hunt him down to get answers. I was turned over to Collections & credit bureau - wrong amt. (higher). Was refused my medical records. This spine center is clinical trials which is something they don't tell you & it's not advertised - I found out the hard way. Was sent home with no pain med. or nausea med..I suffered for months on end. Now I'm an invalid. No quality of life. Not happy. Very hard to leave house & go anywhere because of limitations. Urine leaks all day & night. Forever changing clothes & always worried about having an accident.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

bk.sx.sev.yrs.ago placed on ventilator & dimar never came to see me. my hubby was with me entire time on venilator.13 days. dr. is arogrant,non-caring & hubby had to seek & find him for answers. My living will was completely ignored. was in hosp nearly 2 months. Then dimars office wants $100.00 more in payment than what my ins.co said was owed him by us. still fighting that issue. i now sit in a wheelchair & just learned i have kidney & bladder damage from his surgery. my life is a living hell!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

I went to see this doctor after a traffic accident he looked at the mri and said surgery but first he wanted to try a series of steroids/pain killers. Scheduled two more appointments he cancled both within an hour of my scheduled time. I wouldn't let this guy touch my dog he's arogant and only seems to be in this field for the money.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

doctor took 15 sec to look at a 2 yr old mri and tell me he could not do anything for me. i drove 2 hours for nothing. i won't be going back.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. John R. Dimar's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)