Ratings for Dr. David S. Saffan

Dr. Saffan is the best. I will forever be grateful to him for my beautiful son, my current pregnancy, and for his compassion during rough patches in our journey. Dr. Saffan is beyond knowledgeable, patient, kind and has a great sense of humor. He always took time to answer our questions and talk through options with us. He never made us feel rushed or tried to sway us in one direction or the other. He was always honest about outcomes, but supportive of our choices. I cannot recommend Dr. Saffan and the Annandale office enough.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

He was a fantastic doctor. Helped us decide which oath to take. Very knowledgeable and patient.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr Saffan and his nurse make our dream come true. I got my kid the second time of IUI under Dr Saffan. He not only takes care about the Kid but also our own body. Definitely will go to Dr Safan and Peri if there is next time.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Saffan and staff are always so helpful and willing to bend over backwards for my husband and I. We are so lucky to have chosen his practice. Thank you Dr. Saffan and staff for making our dreams come true!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I have no doubt that Dr Saffan is a great doc, although Ive seen him only once. I can not recommend him because his staff is TERRIBLE. No, they are BEYOND terrible. The nurse is clueless, the psychologist was extremely rude and pushy. This place is AWFUL. DO NOT WASTE your money, nerves, and time and go elsewhere!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

If you would consider Dr. Saffan's judgement in hiring his staff a mark of his competency, then he is a disaster. The staff in his facility is a nightmare. The front desk ladies are the only people with clues in the place. The billing department will bring you to tears and the professionalism of the nurses will drive you from tears to madness. The nurses talk about patience medical and gossip records in front of other patients, and they will not answer your questions or show an iota of compassion. Just go to another branch, or avoid the practice all together.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I have had nothing but positive experiences with both the nursing staff Pam, and Dr. Saffan. On several occasions something has come up during my monitoring and every time, either my nurse, or Dr. Saffan is there to talk me through things and answer any questions I may have. I have never felt like "just a number." Anytime I email or call, Pam gets back to me the very same day. She also makes herself available in the mornings when I come in for monitoring if I have questions. Dr. Saffan does the same. I have always been treated with kindness, compassion and respect by all staff. I've also never had any problems with the billing department. I do agree that nursing staff should be more discreet in their conversations about patients medical records as I can often overhear conversations why waiting for ultrasound or to speak with a nurse. I think Dr. Saffan is a wonderful doctor and I'm very happy at Shady Grove.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Totaly agree with the previos comment. The staff is horrible, very unhelpfull. they care about the money first then your health. the communication with nurses only, and depend on the nurse if she will return your phone call or you have to wait.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

We can not recommend Dr. Saffan. He is a very competent doctor, but lacks any personnel connection to his patients. In addition, Shady Grove is a money machine which means doctors are overbooked and appointments are tough to get even after care begins. That means the nurses are your primary point of contact. In the case of Dr. Saffan that means you deal with Jill. She is very nice, but not a detail oriented person and her level of service is uneven and spotty. The billing department is very chaotic and requires that you keep on them in order to get things done in a timely manner. They don't make the process any easier, and that was a great disappointment. At the end, Dr. Saffan recommended a surgical procedure with a colleague and then failed to follow up in any way. He dropped the ball completely and we are looking elsewhere. You only have so many tries and so much time, do not waste them/it with Dr. Saffan and Shady Grove.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Saffan was very personable, patient, and walked us through the process, performing the transfer personally. I became pregnant on my very first attempt at IVF, and have been blessed with a beautiful, baby boy.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Dr. David S. Saffan's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1978)