Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Juris

I cannot say enough about the care that I received from both Dr. Juris and the InterMed Surgical Unit, when I underwent a bunion surgery this past Spring. Dr. Juris was exemplary at explaining the surgery and setting expectations as to my post-care schedule. I have a sister that had the same surgery by another local doctor and still has pain 3 years later. My foot has a simple scar that you can barely see on the under side of my instep and NO PAIN!!! I recommend expecting to have 3-4 days of laying low at home after your surgery and absolutely listen to Dr. Juris regarding how much activity you should be doing at each point of your recovery period. If you listen to his guidance, you should be back to regular activity within 8-10 weeks! I was back to the gym in less than 3 months. Thank you Dr. Juris for your amazing care and I'll be coming back to have my other foot corrected in a couple of years.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

Staff 5 Punctuality 5 Helpfulness 5 Knowledge I saw Dr. Juris a year ago for a bunion that had been bothering me for quite some time. Any kind of foot wear was limited and I was very self conscious. I had heard all kinds of horror stories about bunion surgery, after just one visit with Dr. Juris I was ready to proceed. He was very kind and took his time to explain the procedure and what I could expect during the surgery and after. My surgery was scheduled for 11:00 a.m. and I was home by 3 p.m. All the stories I had heard were not true. I literally only took Tylenol once I left the facility I had the surgery in. Any pain was very minimal and the results are fabulous. I was able to easily get around with the boot on and was back to work within two weeks. You can't even tell I had surgery on my foot, scarring is slight. My surgery went wonderfully. I’ve had little to no pain, my recovery has been faster and smoother then I could have expected. Dr. Juris called me personally at home to ask how I doing and if I was having any problems or concerns. I was back to my self within 10 weeks walking with my owe shoes can't wait to have the other foot done Thank you Dr. Juris!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

I saw Dr. Juris a year ago for a bunion that had been bothering me for quite some time. Any kind of foot wear was limited and I was very self conscious. I had heard all kinds of horror stories about bunion surgery, after just one visit with Dr. Juris I was ready to proceed. He was very kind and took his time to explain the procedure and what I could expect during the surgery and after. My surgery was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. and I was home by 2 p.m. All the stories I had heard were not true. I literally only took Tylenol once I left the facility I had the surgery in. Any pain was very minimal and the results are fabulous. I was able to easily get around with the boot on and was back to work within two weeks. You can't even tell I had surgery on my foot, scarring is slight. I hadn't worn flip flops in over 20 years. Last year I wore them from April to the first snow fall! Thank you Dr. Juris!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

I went to see Dr. Juris for heel pain. He took an x-ray and said I had a bone spur and the symptoms of Achilles Tendonitis. He gave me a "boot" to wear at night, which did help a bit and told me to exercise. At the next visit I was fitting with orthotics and told little about them, 5 minutes with him only. I have been seen him twice more, and have been given little time and no real answers. I am still in pain, given no direction at all except exercise and wear my boot?? I will be seeking alternative care, I need someone who will listen and give me some advice. Perhaps he is different with surgical patients, but did not give me the time of day.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

I recently meet Dr. Juris due a consultation for a foot problem. I found Dr. Juris to be very pleasant and professional, carefully taking his time to explain and to make sure I understood the problem with my foot as well as the surgical treatment needed to repair it. At my pre surgical appointment he explained step by step what I would need to do before surgery, what to expect the day of surgery and what to expect for healing and recovery. The conversation was very relaxed and unrushed. His goal was clear that he wanted me to be well informed with good understanding. The day of the surgery he again carefully went over the surgery explaining what to expect making sure I understood the procedure and recovery. He was willing to answer any questions I may have had and asked if I had any problems or concerns. The surgical staff was top notch, very pleasant and knowledgeable. My surgery went wonderfully. I’ve had little to no pain, my recovery has been faster and smoother then I could have expected. Dr. Juris called me personally at home to ask how I doing and if I was having any problems or concerns. I cannot express enough positive remarks to reflect how pleased I am with the care, skill, knowledge and professionalism shown by Dr. Juris. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would definitely give him a 10.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

I went to see Dr. Juris after a referral from my primary care physician. I was suffering with bunion pain for several years before I saw him . When I met Dr. Juris, he spent as much time with me as I needed , answering all my questions explaining everything thoroughly. He was kind, professional and empathetic . His exam was very comprehensive. I felt extremely comfortable with him as his expertise in this area was evident. My surgery went exactly as planned and I am back to my routine activities and I am pain free . Dr Juris you have changed my life in so many ways. Thank you very much ! I am very grateful to have had you as my surgeon and will definitely trust no other to operate on the my other foot in the fall .

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Dr. Juris has been amazing from the start. He is the kindest physician I have encountered. My wife and I have both been treated by him for over 5 years. Myself for plantar fasciitis. After being treated by many other physicians in the area, he resolved it very quickly. My wife had bunion surgery in the past and had a quick recovery and was back to running in 6 weeks. He is a fantastic surgeon and doctor. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Dr. Juris came highly recommended to me for bunion and hammertoe surgery a year and a half ago. As an active individual who frequently walks and plays tennis, I was anxious about having surgery and its impact on my lifestyle. I could not have asked for a better doctor/patient experience or better surgical results. The healing process was explained thoroughly and was as expected, unlike experiences I've heard from friends and family who were treated by other doctors. I played tennis regularly 8 weeks after surgery, barely have a scar, and had full movement back in my toes within a year. I highly recommend Dr. Juris and have referred him to two friends this year, both who had the same positive experience as mine. THANK YOU, Dr. Juris, for all that you do! We're fortunate to have doctors like you in Maine!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

If you are looking for surgery probably it would be a very different experience but I was really looking for more information on treating my foot pain and improving my function. This doctor looked at my feet for two seconds and told me orthotics were the answer, sent staff to get cast with almost no discussion of types of orthotics, alternative therapies or the value of physical therapy. I left with no confidence in the proposed orthotics purchase, feeling like I would be better off spending my money on physical therapy. I can’t really rate the doctor because he spent so little time with me. I didn’t want to have to pay for his five minute sales pitch so I left without buying anything, I think they decided not to charge me for the so-called “exam.” He didn’t watch me walk or anything.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr. Juris explained everything thoroughly and answered any question I had. I had very little pain. After all the horror stories I had heard, I was pleasantly surprised! Plus... both the nurse AND Dr. Juris called the day after surgery to see how I was doing. How many surgeons do that?! I have recommended Dr. Juris to many friends and family members who have bunion problems to go see him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Robert S. Juris's Credentials

• Temple University College of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Kaiser-Permanente