Ratings for Dr. Fred J. Bennett

Great doctor and great Nurse Practitioner. Both are very knowledgeable with treatments. They strive to find the root of a problem. Have already told many friends and family to change to them. Few already did and they, like me, love Dr Bennett, Tina the nurse Practitioner and their staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

First let me say I do like Tina (Nurse Practitioner) however she can be unknowledgeable about some things but she is very sweet. Now.. Dr. Bennett if you see this review please know you have lost a patient! You are rude and you act as if your patients are not important enough to have your time. FIRST you had me sit in the waiting room for an hour (mind you the waiting area was EMPTY). SECONDLY when I did finally see you I felt as if you were not listening to me. You just looked at my past medical history and did not listen to the things I was telling you. During my SHORT 3 min visit with you a nurse interrupted my visit for another patient.. You left while you were visiting me. In the middle of my appointment! Not only that you never came back! Not even the NP came to give me my prescription or tell me what was going on with my condition but a regular nurse. That showed me you do not value me as a patient! I wish I could get my copay back since I didn't see the doctor I saw some nurse

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

The staff at this office does their job and does it well. I had no problem making an appointment and when I got there, they were punctual and very little wait time. My problem comes after having to see the nurse practitioner (or doctor?), not sure who she is. She is so incredibly unprofessional and gives flip answers to questions I have. I am not a stupid person and any question should be answered without making a person feel dumb. When the subject of my 2 yr. old son came up, she looked at my chart and saw I am unmarried and also that I am on state assistance right now. Maybe something to do with that but every time I leave there, I swear I will never go back. This woman should have learned better how to treat patients.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Was called by office stating it was time for my yearly well check up. Made appointment and went in. Talked to Dr. for about 2 minutes asking me if I was having any problems. Told her that I was having problems with some memory loss but I thought it was because of stress. She said that she would check my thyroid then sent me off for blood work. After taking blood, I was dismissed. Nothing else was done. A month later, I was billed for $1,500. for a regular appointment, not a "well Check up". Took 3 months, many phone calls, and even 2 trips to the office and nothing was done. They refused to send the Dr.'s notes to my insurance (which said they ordered unneeded blood work), let me see my own records or give me the results of my tests. All they wanted from me was to make an appointment to see the Dr. at the cost of $150. I have changed Doctors but they will not honor my (through my new Doctor) to send my records. It's been a month. My next step is contacting a lawyer.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Judged us as soon as we walked in. Refused after waiting an hour because he thought my patient was doctor shopping. All the nurse asked us about was pain clinic this, pain clinic that, when we weren't even there for that. Doctor said he wouldn't take the patient because he took oxycodone and coumadin, and wouldn't offer a reason WHY. We weren't even there for that! This doctor and the staff will discriminate based on what medicine you take to manage chronic pain from a diagnosed illness!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

this doctor is the kindest doctor i have ever seen . he sees my severly handicaped daughter when no other doctor would. he treats her like a princess and i doubt she would be alive today if not for dr. bennett. the nurses all take great care with her. i feel extremely blessed to have found such a caring astute doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

this drs office has very unproffesional staff and they all act like they dont want to be there. the dr is nice but never would refer me to a neurologist when i really needed one. so i ended up just making one myself and found out i had a serious neurological disorder that he kept saying was nothing and he though i was just under stress. im looking for a new primary dr now.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I had no problems with Dr. Bennett or his Nurse Practitioner. I liked seeing them. My problem was with the staff! They were unprofessional & never courteous to patients. When my lab results were in, they told me I needed to see a endocrinologist because my thyroid levels were low. They said my tsh level was .001. I called 3 times to see if they had made the appt. They finally called me back, weeks later, and told me that I didn't need a referral at this time b/c my levels were 'slightly OVER active'!(for the record, a tsh of .001 is not HIGH it is LOW!) Plus I had to explain to them what Hashimoto's Thyroiditis was and also spell "ENDOCRINOLOGIST" for them! A group of chimpanzees could do their job, and they probably wouldn't charge Bennett as much. :) If you can get past the morons, Dr. Bennett and Tina Paul, his APN, are excellent doctors. Unfortunately I've decided to go elsewhere. I hope I have better luck.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

had to waite almost 3 hours and i have only ever seen him once every time after the first visit i have always seen nurses and half the time they dont even touch you to examin you it kind a like if your problem isnt obvious more than likely it will be over looked and even if they catch it it will be mis diagnosted .

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

I am very pleased with the staff and doctor. I will sometimes see nurse practioner when doctor is busy, but everyone has always treated me like a human being. I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes to go back and I can always call to get refills or referals without any problems. I will never see another doctor..

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Fred J. Bennett's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

UnitedHealthcare