Ratings for Dr. Sanjay Ahluwalia

I've been Dr. Ahluwalia's patient for 3 years. They delegate the work to PA Sean Smith for me. Sean Smith told me that I was tested for eosinophilic esophagitis. I have not received that test. They won't give me the test results. They say it was negative, but they have no biopsy report to show me. And they never did tell me they were doing the test. Sean is lying. I am filing a complaint against Sean's license to practice over it. Dr. Ahluwalia does not run a clean ship. Sean Smith is grossly incompetent and a liar.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Ahluwalia for about 15 years now and I really like him. He has always been very caring and explained everything in detail to try and put my mind to rest. After my last colonoscopy he spotted a carsenoid tumor in my colorectal region and got me an appointment with a surgeon who took care of the tumor. He always shows concern for your well being after any procedure he or the surgeon does and actually called me a few weeks after the surgery to see how I was doing. Not many doctors do that anymore. I'll continue to see Dr. Ahluwalia as long as he's in the area. His office staff are all very friendly and professional and make you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

RUDE OFFICE STAFF THEY NEED TO BE TRAINED TO BE A LITTLE NICER TO THE PATIENT.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

Dr. Ahluwalia is a genuinely kind and caring man. His knowledge and unpretentious attitude come across very clearly and helped me feel very comfortable with him. He took the time to ask about all my symptoms and was able to get me scheduled for necessary tests very quickly. His office was very comfortable and clean and his staff was kind and caring as well.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I have been to this office 3 times with no wait. Dr. Ahluwalia has always been right on time to the exam room. He would answer all my questions and would go over things until I understood everything he was talking about. Overall a good experience.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

When I had a bad stomach pain, my future daughter-in-law Sam got me in immediately. He was VERY thorough, very charming and caring. He dx me in 2 visits after a CT scan. I enjoy his sense of humor and vast knowledge. He also pinpointed another pain I was having after my gallbladder surgery. I will continue to see him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

The only nice person in this office is Sam, the person that sees you after the doctor and sets up your colonoscopy appt. The doctor barely greeted me, just studied my lab results, gave no hint of compassion as to my nervousness or discomfort. I felt like he wanted to rush through me and get to the next. I'm a retired dentist and if I treated patients that way back when I was in practice I would soon be out of practice. I see I'm not the only one who has written negative reviews, so I'm pretty sure this is not just a "having a bad day" situation.I called back and spoke with Sam and canceled both my appointments for colonoscopy and follow-up. She was very concerned when I told her why and tried to get me to reconsider, but my mind was made up, and in my book he should have tried harder at the beginning. I'm sorry Sam has to work for an old grump like that. I don't think he knows how good she is and how much she tries to help patients feel comfortable. The doc should double her salary.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

I was very skeptical about going to see this doctor due to all the bad reviews but I was desperate to see a gi doctor. When I called to make an appointment the lady got me an appointment that day. When I came to the office I explained I was in a lot of pain and they got me into a room within 5 minutes. The doctor is a very professional and kind doctor and really listened to what I had to say. After I was seen the nurse sam scheduled me to have my colonoscopy that week. She went through great detail to explain to me what i had to do and was very patient with me as i had a lot of questions. I was very amazed on how quick things moved. Every other go doctor I called told me they couldn't even see me for another week or so. I have absolutely no complaints about this office and I will continue to go to them.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Sanjay Ahluwalia for years now. I was with him when he was in the Mesa office and now everything has changed. He is now in a new location in Chandler and things have changed for the better. New staff, less wait, brand new office. It absolutely beautiful. He is such a wonderful doctor and I will continue going to him. I read the reviews about how horrible his office is. That was when he was in the Mesa office. Since he's moved. Things are soooo much better.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Sanjay Ahluwalia's Credentials

• L T M Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1988)