Ratings for Dr. D. Jim Thompson

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Thompson as patients and we have had a wonderful experience. Dr. Thompson is an amazing fertility specialist who is very knowledgeable, empathic, and is always warm and friendly with us. He has answered all of our questions and concerns throughout this journey, and he has a great team working with him. The front desk personnel, office manager, the amazing nurses, and IVF coordinator have all been so helpful and understanding through this process. The lab team is also very friendly and very knowledgeable. The staff was always available to answer our questions promptly. Dr. Thompson takes the time to explain options in a concise, easy to understand, and at the same time, compassionate way. We have been through this journey with Dr. Thompson and his staff and now our dream of becoming parents is a reality! We are having twins!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Is realistic with his patients, trustworthy and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Thompson saved my life after an ectopic pregnancy, saved my tube after the emergency surgery, and is the most kind and compassionate doctor I have ever had the opportunity to work with. His team is always available to answer any questions, and they have worked with me numerous times (last minute) to see me when other issues have arised. I don't have enough good things to say about the Fertility Center of New Mexico and Dr. Thompson.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Nothing but the best service, compassionate staff, and excellent care!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Thompson was the worst Doctor we have ever dealt with. His treatment pushed my wife into menopause. He also lied on our records once we requested them to go see another doctor. We also got charged wrong several times. BEWARE STAY AWAY!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Best and most knowledgeable doctor we have ever had the privilege of meeting.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

After 3 doctors told me my previous miscarriages were just bad luck, I visited Dr. Thompson. He performed tests, scans, and collected as much information from my husband and I as possible. Dr. Thompson found health issues no other doctor ever explored. The entire staff provided as much education around medications, next steps, and scans as we needed beyond their standard level. For us, the small tweaks Dr. Thompson made were what we needed to get pregnant. The day I found out I was pregnant was the Friday before a three day holiday weekend. That afternoon his staff had my lab paperwork in, by the next day (Saturday) I was notified of my results and by Sunday I went in to the office to meet with a nurse about next steps they had reviewed with Dr. Thompson. The entire team went above and beyond for our little family. We will definitely be returning in a few years when we start planning our next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Thompson did not listen to anything I said. Had me wait over an hour after my schedule time and staff already had me come in 30 minutes early.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Knowledgeable, respectful while sharing vast expertise. Punctual, professional. Effective, too! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Thompson is very professional and kind. He is punctual and compassionate for his patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr. D. Jim Thompson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Having received numerous awards and achieved many first-time breakthroughs in the state of New Mexico such as first IVF pregnancy, donor egg pregnancy, embryo donation and more, he has rightly earned the respect of his peers and patients. Voted as Albuquerque’s Top Fertility Doctor for 10 consecutive years, Dr. Jim Thompson’s training, experience, and most importantly, care for his patients, has resulted in the happy parents of over 1,000 babies born on account of his hard work and dedication.

• English

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1980)