Ratings for Dr. Andy T. Bauer

When I first met Dr. Andy I liked him; he seemed very friendly and approachable. However, as time went by I changed my opinion. When my son was three weeks old he developed really bad colic and cried incessantly day and night. Doctor Andy did not offer us any help, saying that there was absolutely no treatment and we just had to wait it out. My son is 6 month now, and he still suffers from unexplained bouts of crying and has major sleep problems. I have taken him to the doctor many times, but all I've been told (by Andy and him PA Beverly) is that my son is gaining weight and therefore he is fine. Also, when my son suffered from constipation Dr. "prescribed" treatment was corn syrup. I did some research and found out that corn s. is just like honey and should NOT be given to babies younger then one as it may cause botulism. What???? I think I should have gotten this info from my doctor. In general his approach is very conventional and too old school. I'm changing doctors!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr Andy has been our pediatrician since both my girls were born, now ages 9 and 12. One has had several medical issues and both Dr Andy and Beverly (PA) have made us feel like they were treating their own children. They have both taken time to treat our girls not just physically but also show great concern for emotional being as well. I remember when interviewing Dr Andy, he said we work together to treat your child and that has been so true.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

We have been fortunate to have Dr. Andy as the doctor for our girls since birth-now ages 15 and 19. He has always been kind, caring, and knowledgeable. We have never had a bad experience in 19 years and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

I am a physician and I take my kids to see Dr. Bauer. I see the work of many pediatricians and chose him. When other physicians take their kids to Dr. Bauer, that tells you how good he is.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

I have taken my two children to this office for over 12 years and have never had a bad experience. When my son was sick, Dr. Bauer had me take my son to his office (on a weekend) instead of having us wait in an emergency room for hours. He didn't have to do that but because he is a caring physician, he did it. I would recomment Dr. Bauer 100%.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2006

You either love this guy or hate him. I had the worst experience I have ever had with a physician with him back when I tried to get the chicken pox vaccine for my daughter when it was brand new. He was against the vaccine which is common practice now. My daughter has many unnecessary chicken pox scars because of him. My friend who was also very loyal to him left his practice when her son started having seizures and he was very uncaring and unprofessional. Does not step up to the plate in a bad situation. Go to Lynn Studebaker she's fantastic and her office is a dream. She also surrounds herself with real physicians instead of PA's.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006