Ratings for Dr. Fernando L. Gomez

Dr. Gomez himself is a nice and warm man. However, his staff (particularly his nurse) are completely incompetent, unfriendly, and clueless. If I wasn't on top of my cycle timing and direction from the doctor, nothing would get done. I had to coach the nurse on several occasions as to what needed to be done next. I went through an IUI cycle with Dr. Gomez and when that didn't work out, he was nowhere to be found and the nurse was not at all compassionate and didn't even have the decency to follow up with the (negative) pregnancy test results that I paid good money for. Not to mention, Dr. Gomez moved from a beautiful office next to Florida Hospital to a complete dump in a seedy neighborhood off of Semoran Blvd. without any heads-up in what seemed like an overnight move. When I asked the nurse the reason for the move, she refused to give me an answer. Point is, when you are going through something as emotional, critical, and expensive as infertility, do not go to this office. You need doctors and nurses who are extremely knowledgeable, competent, and available to you and I do not believe you will find that at this office. Do yourself a favor and investigate before you decide on an infertility doctor. Go visit their office, meet their staff, and read reviews. I found a great doctor's office after my failed IUI here and am happy to report that I absolutely love the everyone there and am finally pregnant with my first child. This stuff is too important to not do your homework.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I have had MANY issues with him and his practice. When everything is going as it should in your cycle, they are amazing. However, the moment things aren't the way they should be, you get ZERO support from him or his staff. They won't return phone calls, explain what is happening, or provide any sort of emotional support. The new nurse is DUMB and is awful to deal with. Had we not invested so much time and $$ into this, we would have switched to a new physician. We definitely would NOT recommend this practice to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

paid for IVF, after reviewing multiple online bad reviews decided to go with a different doctor with better customer service. called to cancel(never started any service with dr. gomez) they said we would be refunded between 30-60 days. it has now been 75 days and they will not return our calls or our money! this has caused us to lose more time to have a baby because we can't pay our new doctor until we get our refund.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Doctor will schedule 5 patients with the same apportionment time. A five minute visit will instead keep you in the office for 2 hours (I wish I was exaggerating.). No communication, assumes xyz has been happening but when you finally meet with him and mention you didn't know you were supposed to do xyz, he just says hopefully it'll be fine. They seem to have turnover and the one nurse they have now is incompetent. Can't draw blood and also gives incorrect dosing information which can ruin a cycle.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

We have been trying to have children for 3 years. After the first embryo transfer we are very fortunate to be expecting. Dr. Gomez is a very careful and exacting physician. Infertility is a very emotional condition; he and his staff were very supportive. Special thanks to Joy as well. I only gave 4 stars (good) for punctuality because this is like any doctor's office; they get slammed some days and they will take their time with each patient as needed. It's very much worth the occasional wait though! I would recommend to family!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Keeps important test results from you. Ovarian masses etc. not good.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Tanks Dr. Gomez and staff you are very profesionals finally after 10 years we going to have babys we soo happy. Tanks

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

This dr was recommended to me from a friend of his,my previous gyn. It never occurred to me to not follow a drs advice, but I will never do that again. I will do my own research! Bottom line, this place is about making money! I'm older and needed aggressive treatment. they don't care about people. He explained Ivf would be better so that's what I opted to do. I did it and it was a total failure no eggs fertilized and I had the embryologist tell me that doesn't usually happen, that made me feel so horrible!!! What should have been told to me was Ivf won't work with you, go right to donor eggs. I took a loan and had 2 tries. I ordered 8,000 worth of meds for 2nd try and my bloodwork came back post menopausal. Bloodwork I reminded the nurse I needed. Meds were nonrefundable. 4 grand used and the rest was donated to the new awesome clinic.nurse compared herself to a used car salesman to my husband. I have a baby girl and am on my way to a 2nd. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

BEST DOCTOR IN CENTRAL FLORIDA...GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND BEAUTIFUL OFFICE..I LOVE THE STAFF..SOMETIMES AS PATIENTS WE CAN DRIVE THEM CRAZY DURING TREATMENT BUT THEY WERE VERY APPROACHABLE..I RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO EVERYONE..THANK YOU DR. GOMEZ AND STAFF FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT DURING MY IVF TREATMENT..MAKING ARRANGEMENTS TO GO TO THE OFFICE SOON TO SHOW YOU MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I cannot stop raving about Dr. Gomez and his staff to my friends and family. I have been treated there for about 1 year and I never once felt like a number. His office is very compassionate and patient throughout the treatment. What I liked most is that during each visit, Dr. Gomez met with me and never rushed me. He was able to thoroughly answer my questions medically and in terms I could understand. I have never felt more comfortable under someone's care.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr. Fernando L. Gomez's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1992)

• Blue Cross Of California