Ratings for Penny M. Mclean-Nowinski

I went to Mrs. Nowinski to oversee health issues after an operation with complications. I had two in-depth consultations with her. She was a good listener, and consulted my Epic records for over an hour in our second meeting, in my presence. She acknowledged in Epic, a predefined medication schedule that was set up by The Coumadin Clinic at Mercy Anderson Hospital. She seemed very knowledgable about my condition and my med requirements. She filled my prescription at my pharmacy. I began taking it as instructed by the Clinic and by her. Without telling me, she doubled my very delicate Warfarin blood thinning medication. After a few days I collapsed & was rushed to the ER where I almost died from blood loss (7 pints) according to ER doctors. It was bad enough that family members were called in to the ER in case of my demise. I lived, thanks to a skilled ER staff, but I have not since recovered to my previous health thanks to Mrs. Nowinski's oversight of my medication dosage. I wanted to make others aware. You can find better...

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016