Ratings for Dr. Michael M. Alper

Good luck if you ever get to actually see this him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Dr. Alper took the time to actually speak with us about our diagnosis. His personable attitude made up really feel like he was there for us. The line of communication was always open and he was honest about our possible outcome. The nurses and staff were also amazing! I give Boston IVF 5 stars.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Alper was very knowledgable and helped me understand why I was unable to get pregnant. He is very thorough and I am enjoying my experience with him so far.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Having read the negative responses for Dr. Alper, I felt compelled to speak up. He was absolutly amazing to us and I cannot recommend him enough. We had a very tough case and ended up using donor eggs. But he was there every step of the way (over a 2 year time frame) and he got very involved with us, both clinically and emotionally. He took our case very personally and went out of his way to do research and provide sound guidance. Thanks to him, we now have an amazing little boy born earlier this year. Dr. Alper is wonderful and I would recommend him to any of my loved ones and friends!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Seemed friendly enough, increased my injections with only blood work, no tracking ultrasounds, ended up in the hospital after my eggs were harvested. Nearly died, literally. Horrible hyperstimulation. Did a few frozen transfers, were told we had no embryos left, and there was nothing they could do for us after the hyperstimulation. 7 years later I find out we have an embryo frozen in their storage. Why? Money. We moved and my insurance didn't cover storage and they wanted money. Thank goodness, for that, I suppose. Otherwise we'd have no clue. Granted this was 7 years ago, perhaps things have changed, but I am not impressed. His nurse was great, however.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

We were seeing Dr. Alper for treatment at the Boston IVF center. He was clinical, cold and condescending. He was difficult to get a hold of for questions & patronizing during office visits. When my husband & I raised questions regarding research on fertility which we had read he was belligerent, upset that we had looked outside for info. We were looking for a partner, someone who would help us through this journey and respect our intelligence, careers & the emotional challenges of going through fertility treatment. His style was old fashioned, "I'm the doctor", don't ask questions, don't get emotional and just be a good little patient. As a woman, infertility is difficult enough, having a doctor who is uninterested in interacting with you does not help. There are many OTHER wonderful & caring doctors @ BostonIVF; overall the practice is great. Dr. Alper may be a good administrator, but we felt he was not able to make a personal connection to us beyond a metric.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Alper and his staff have made the IVF process so much easier. I feel I have found the right fertility center and the right doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr.Alper is open minded and helpful, although bostonivf has a lot of patients I felt like I received personalized care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2006