Ratings for Dr. Kim Y. Taylor

He was on time, explained everything and was very helpful. Great to work with.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Our family members have gone to Dr Taylor and had very good experience with his expertise both contacts and lenses. I believe as of Aparil 2008 he has retired.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

I had a very good experience with Dr. Taylor. In October 2007 I had a reaction to a new brand of soft contacts my local optometrist had put me in. My optometrist had tried to fix it, but nothing was working. We even switched back to my original brand, and I still had the reaction. Finally in desperation and being exhausted with wearing glasses, I went to Dr.Taylor. He did a thorough examination, and clearly saw the reaction was still happening. So he put me on prescription drops. I stayed on them for six weeks. We finally got to order contacts (by his advise, we're switching to hard lenses), so I will be able to be glasses-free once again. Thank goodness. He was kind, and though my appointments only lasted ten minutes or so, he really did seem to care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Dr. Kim Taylor is an eye doctor at the Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah. I have seen 5 doctors at the Moran Eye Center, all of whom were wonderful. Dr. Taylor, however, was one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. He is supposedly a very knowledgable doctor when it comes to contact lenses, however, he was absolutely useless, and even dangerous, to me. I went to him complaining of redness and swelling around my cornea (having just begun to use contacts for the first time a few months earlier). He claimed he could not see anything. He was detached and cold and lacking any real warmth or approachability. A couple days later I returned to the triage to see an emergency eye doctor who immediately realized I had corneal edema and infiltrates caused by the contacts. I ended up going back and forth to the Moran Eye Center 5 more times, seeing other doctors really did heal my eyes. Finally had to return to Dr. Taylor in the end for a final visit. He was totally blase about it.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2006

Dr. Kim Y. Taylor's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1961)

Kaiser-Permanente