Ratings for Dr. Bhupendra K. Gupta

Really is all about collecting money. I got switched to medicaid and the substitute receptionist called for authorization and said that I wasn't covered and needed to pay out of pocket on that day and that I had this insane copay amt. I had called ahead to confirm he was in network. They said unlimited visits covered at 100%. Gupta said he couldn't see me that day unless I paid completely out of pocket and then they would file and possibly reimburse me. I left and called the insurance company. They said I was covered at 100% for unlimited visits. So he was trying to double dip. Also, he just talks at you. You don't get to discuss your issues or thoughts. In the office for 8 minutes or so, here's the script, see you next month. Before when I was on Tricare, the EOBs said I should expect to pay a much lower rate than the copay they were collecting.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I was very afraid to go to a psychiatrist and I'm glad I'm really seeking help and am.determined because if I wasn't my experience with Dr. Gupta would have caused me to never want to try again. He made awful stereotypes based on my background information and he made me cry. On my first visit he told me I was over weight, I'm about average at 140 and I had a jacket and a scarf on. I do not see how this man has a degree in anything. He apparently also clinics students I dont see how that is possible. It was an awful experience.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

Dr. Gupta is perhaps the worst doctor I have ever seen. Every visit was bizarre: from the receptionist who ranged from horribly outwardly hostile and rude to saccharine sweet to Gupta's ever changing demeanor (bright and positive about things to SCREAMING at you). You definitely feel like you're in an endless assembly line and he refuses to take very long in a session. If you have issues that actually need to be addressed you should not see him at all. He will not help. If you want to be blindly given medication and have the same bland meeting every single month for him to give you the prescription again, then he's your guy. I genuinely worry for anyone who goes into his office not knowing what a circus his whole set-up is. If you need help, please go somewhere, ANYWHERE else because this man is an angry, angry little man with no patience. His only desire is your co-pay every month.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

For a few months, I truly believed Dr. Gupta was a good psychiatrist. Then, when I was in a mental health crisis and went for a visit to his office, things got real unprofessional. I was experiencing the warning signs of psychotic episode and wanted my medications to be changed. This quickly escalated to a screaming match in which he told me I was beyond help and demanded I go and get evaluated at a mental health facility. I was already experiencing extreme paranoia and he took advantage of this by telling me that if I left his office and went to work, he would call the police and say I was going to hurt someone!! He also said that if I left his office and did not go to get evaluated, he would call the hospital and tell them to come and get me! I was at the point of really believing him (due to my paranoia) so I got evaluated....the verdict? Get a new doctor! He jumped ship because I recognized my warning signs and asked for help! Got a new doctor now, and LIFE IS GOOD!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Awful experience. Gupta will surely try to put you on addictive medicines just to keep you coming back. This is why he only writes scripts for a month at a time. That way you have to come back and see him monthly so he can also collect more co-pay. He's all about the money. Got my uncle completely messed up on all the narcotics he deals. I sat in his waiting room once and watched the people come in to get their fix. He will tell you that you absolutely need these drugs. Stay away. He also probably receives lucrative compensation from the drug companies just to deal their meds. This guy should not be licensed.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Dr. Gupta is the worst Doctor I have ever seen. He is very unprofessional and if a woman he has been seeing for a while and she gets pregnant he will turn her away and won't even refer her to someone else. I hope no one ever goes to see him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

My daughter was a patient of Dr. Gupta's and we are terribly displeased. When we decided to start taking my daughter to another office, his employees basically refused to send her records. I filled out the request at the new office and waited nearly 3 weeks. When I called to ask when the records would be sent, Chris in the business office said that they had been sent "electonically", but couldn't give me the date or the confirmation number. All Star Pediatrics never received them, so I called back to let Chris know to resend them. Never happened. All Star Pediatrics eventually called Gupta's office manager and she told them that she would NOT give them the date or confirmation number... and furthermore, it was not her problem if they didn't receive the fax. All Star Pediatrics let me know that they had NEVER been treated so rudely by another doctor's office. Don't go to this office... run away from them!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Dr. Bhupendra K. Gupta's Credentials

• Hindi

• Kasturba Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Mangalore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1974)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal