Ratings for Dr. Lee McLennan

I went to Dr. McLennan for a second opinion because I felt that my regular OBGYN was not listening to me or paying attention to my symptoms. Dr. McLennan spent at leat an hour discussing my problems and did a thorough exam and it was discovered that I have Stage II endometrial cancer. I will always be grateful for his patience and his knowledge - he has probably saved my life. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr. McClennan delivered both of my children and he has been my caregiver for over 12 years. I am very pleased with his concern and care in regards to me. I had two miscarriages before I was ever successful with a pregnancy. I was married and only 21. He was very patient and understanding. I Not only that he reminded me to pray. I am a Christian and it meant a lot to have a doctor support me in that. I have never had a bad experience with him down through the years. He and his staff have always been availabl to assist me by phone or appointment.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. McLennan delivered my second child, a VBAC. At first he was helpful, but towards the end of my pregnancy I felt he was pressuring me towards scheduling an unnecessary c-section, looking for any slight abnormality and exaggerating the risks. When I was in labor he was unhappy with my choosing labor positions and declining unnecessary interventions--I felt that he was basing his decisions on what was convenient for him rather than on current medical research. However, he did not force me to do anything I didn't want, and stopped pressuring me and just let the baby be born, which I did appreciate. I understand there aren't many doctors in the Roanoke area who will even do that any more.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2006

Dr. Lee McLennan's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA