Ratings for Karen M. Schaffran

Karen was beyond rude. She must not know how thin the walls are when she's talking trash on her patients. Went in after suffering 5-6 days of sinus and fatigue. She stated it was a virus and she couldn't help me. She was so so very mean the entire time and I actually left the building crying. She walked away from me mid conversation and was very angry that I demanded antibiotics (I am not crazy, I know my body. I have a sinus infection.)

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Karen is a nurse, not a physician so I try to give her a break about her knowledge. But I cannot give a break for arrogance. Make sure you also see the physician during your visit.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Absolute worse provider ever imaginable, zero bed side manner and i genuinely believe she has not a clue what she is doing ...... i wanted let her treat my fish!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

I saw her once and I am definitely wanting to change providers or offices if they will not let me. When the visit first started she did not introduce herself and I actually had to say the first words although she had been in the exam room for over 2 minutes with no acknowledgment to me. She did warm up and the visit went quite well although had she really been listening to me the follow up visit would not have been needed. Right now very undecided about my future plans with the practice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I'm shocked at the previous comments because this was not my experience at all. My first appointment I was actually over 20mins late (due to 2015 snowstorm aftermath lol) mind you, I was lucky she even took me on as patient to begin with because she was not taking new patients. Anyways she still allowed me to be seen an hr later. My waiting time was minimal, both in the waiting area & exam room. She almost immediately came in, introduced herself & was very kind. Most Drs. don't have the best people skills, but she did & she made me feel very comfortable. Especially because, although I'm 28 years old, I'm a huge baby during certain procedures at the Drs & she kept me calm throughout the entire thing! I'm glad I chose to go to Hillside & would definitely recommend Dr. Karen Schaffren!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

First time meeting her, no introduction and had looked at me like I had two heads. She was very vague and not very pleasant to be around. Did not answer my questions. You could hear the snarky attitude in her voice when she spoke. I do not know why this doctor still has a job.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Worse doctor. I've seen her twice, and she did not introduce herself either time. I had to go to another doctor's office to find her name. Does not listen. Rude, harsh. Yelled at my kid in her office.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Karen is irresponsible, rude, and doesn't care about patient's well being at all. When I was there last, there was an empty waiting room. I still had to wait 20 minutes for her. She came in, I told her what my reason for visiting was, she looked at me funny and said she'd send a prescription over to the pharmacy. She sent something that almost cost me my vision, because she was too rushed to look at my chart. I also had some other serious concerns I wanted to discuss, but she flat out told me no, she wouldn't discuss them. That's what physicals are for. She wouldn't give me 3 minutes of time, but I'm sure she charged my insurance for an hour. Ok..fine. Chest pain, possible cancer on my face..yeah that can wait 4 months. This woman is an embarrassment to medicine, and Hillside should fire her before she gets someone killed. Your job is to practice medicine, and that means dealing with patients. If you don't like that, go flip burgers or clean toilets.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014