Ratings for Dr. Jason E. Barnett

lying staff, incompetent physician, total idiot! horrible, dangerous, dim-wits. should be closed down . he obviously does not want to be a doctor

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

if you enjoy stress and arguing about correct visit coding and insurance claims, this is your office! the folks simply refuse to do things correctly. personally, my experience leaves me regretting ever getting involved. the office staff will not listen to nor help you with any concerns. an appointment may or may not get you in to see the doctor. you may be diverted to a medical assistant. my advice is stay away.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Barnett is ok, but his office management is horrible. It's very difficult making an appointment because they hardly ever answer the phone. You have to leave a message and wait for a call back. There is a high turnover among staff. The office staff doesn't follow through with making referrals and giving important information to the specialists. Recently they scheduled a MRI at their hospital. I asked to have it at an imaging center. They said it was no problem, and they would make the appt. I waited 3 days and and heard nothing from my doctor nor the imaging center. I ended up scheduling the MRI myself. The imaging center did the working getting the info needed from my insurance, but after many calls to my doctor requesting an order they called me. I had to cancel and reschedule. I am very frustrated with the incompetence of the office. Now I'm questioning the doctor's leadership skills.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

incapable of correct billing. the office staff does not possess people skills. i notice that several negative comments have been removed.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

after four office visits and multiple phone calls, it has dawned on me that the office staff either doesn't care or are instructed not to care about client relations nor correct accounting. i have no comment about the doctor's abilities, but i question his selection of employees. as others have suggested, if your peace of mind is important, stay away!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I have never had any problems with Dr Barnett, or his PA's, and have liked all of them. His office staff is another story. They have always been friendly to me, but they are relatively useless. They NEVER answer the phone, so you have to leave a voice message. Sometimes you'll get called back the same day, but I have had to leave messages 3 days in a row just to schedule an appointment. They also are in no hurry to put in referrals. I have been waiting for 2 weeks, and that's still after calling them about it a week ago. I'm seriously considering changing providers over this, and it's shame because it's entirely because of his lazy staff.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

he is wise to learn from other's misfortunes-aesop

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

BAD DOCTOR!! STAFF HORRIBLE!! ALMOST LOST MY HUSBAND BECAUSE OF THEM!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I have never been so enraged at a doctor. I've had a recurring staph infection for about a year now and have gone to him each time. The first time I went, I had huge itchy welts all up my thighs along with spells of sudden dizziness and fatigue. He looked at it saying, "I'm not sure. I'll throw some antibiotics at you". I took it, got better, but then it came back a few weeks later. This time it was much lighter on the skin but still had the same physiological symptoms. I decided to go to a dermatologist. He took a culture and the next day called me saying they found a heavy growth of staph and gave me antibiotics again. Again, I got better... ...but then I got worse again. I called the dermatologist complaining about itchiness and fatigue again. He told me to go to my primary care since he didn't really specialize in those internal symptoms. Going back to Dr. Barnett again, I told him about my symptoms, my diagnosis by my dermatologist, as well as told him all my symptoms disappeared with the antibiotics. What he told me infuriated me: "The placebo effects works wonders doesn't it?" (slight chuckle) This was so insulting that I don't even know why I even made another appointment (my symptoms got worse). This time he ordered some let's-give-him-some-peace-of-mind vitamin checking blood tests as well as ordering the culture repot from my dermatologist to reevaluate. Of course my blood tests came back normal, but I waited two days for a call about the culture repot. Nothing. I called them. They said they hadn't heard from the dermatologist, so I called the dermatology office. They said they hadn't heard from Dr. Barnett's office. Turns out they hadn't sent the repot request! After, calling them again they finally sent it out, and the dermatology office received it. A day later, I called, and they said the culture was inconclusive and never was a staph infection in the first place because staph can be swabbed off anywhere off the body and be grow in a petri dish. Then he recommended prescribing me Zantac to deal with my "symptoms caused by anxiety". I declined. I asked my dermatologist about what Dr. Barnett said about the report, and he was insulted. He told me that the culture showed "heavy growth" within a days time, telling him it was an infection needed to be treated. Every time I've gone to Dr. Barnett, I've listed my symptoms to him while he listlessly looked away from me as if in a daze, treating me like I was a hypochondriac for having these "inconclusive" symptoms. I understand doctors not throwing antibiotics at patients on a whim, but this is ludicrous! I am grossly dubious of his medical competence after these visits and hope no one else has to go through what I am still going through. I implore anyone to avoid Dr. Barnett's services; even a 30 minute drive is worth it if it's for avoiding going to Dr. Barnett.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

This guy is a moron. He made a huge mistake treating my Mother which ended up causing her to have unnecessary (catastrophic) surgery. Stay away from this one!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Dr. Jason E. Barnett's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Maryville, IL