Ratings for Dr. Lewis J. Bellardo

When I first started seeing him he was great! But the last 3 visits have been AWFUL. I can't get a follow up to a mammogram. And he instead of helping find a solution to my future daughter-in-law's bleeding he gave her all the alternatives that would make her sterile. She is only 23 and is looking forward to her marriage and starting a family. Meanwhile I still have a breast lump untreated and she still has uncontrollable bleeding. Bedside manner was not and has not been there the last 3 visits!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Amazing Doctor, very caring and listens to his patients.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr. Bellardo is hands-down the BEST doctor I've ever seen. He is beyond compassionate, and he genuinely cares for his patients, which sadly is a rarity for most doctors nowadays. Dr. Bellardo helped deliver my little miracle baby, and I cannot imagine having any other physician by my side. He literally is an angel on earth. I have and will continue to refer any and everyone I know to this amazing man!!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Bellardo was the perfect fit for me and my husband when we decided to have our baby naturally. Could not have been more pleased with the whole experience!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Very caring, knowledgeable doctor who really listens to me.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I was referred to Dr Bellardo in an emergency situation. I found him to be gentle, quiet and concerned. Not only did he immediately become my permanent OB/GYN, I 'referred' all of my daughters and a number of women from our church to him. He was my doctor for over 10 years, and delivered my grandbabies. Our appoints were mostly routine, not time sensitive, with no problems. When one of my daughter started struggling with the devestation of endometriosis, things changed. It was VERY difficult to get a timely appointment. She was told she would have to wait weekds on end for an appointment, or she had to take this test or wait and see how things progressed. It was horrible and I was shocked ast the casual (uncaring) attitude of the staff! Finally, I called and asked if she could just be prescribed something for the pain while she waited another two weeks for an appointment, I was told she couldn't get any medication until after she had her appointment. Even though she had been his patient for years, and they knew her medical history, she wasn't helped. When the pain was so debilitating she was unable to drive, stand, even walk - and still she couldn't get in to see him - she decided (and I agreed!) that it was time for a new doctor. It's unfortunate. He's a pleasant man. But no pleasantry takes priority over your child's wellbeing. Or your own. No matter how good the physician, if the staff is not good, is not concerned, is not receptive to patient suffering, you find another physician. And so we have. All of us.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Bellardo is kind and cares about what is going on with you. He carry's on a conversation with you prior to any tests/procedures being done. His has a great staff behind him as well. I have recommended several people to him and will continue to do so!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Bellardo is the nicest, most compassionate doctor I have ever met. I almost want to have another baby because I so loved being under his care during my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Dr.bellardo is a very nice quiet guy, but does not engage in conversation unless questioned. The office staff is really cold and body language tells all.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Bellardo is absolutely my favorite doctor as far as manners, professionalism, and knowledge. He has delivered both my children, and we truly appreciate him for his good heart and will.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Dr. Lewis J. Bellardo's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)