Ratings for Dr. Kathy A. Banks

Dr Banks is extremely friendly and professional. Her equipment was modern. She had adequate medical staff and equipment in case of an emergency situation. She monitored me during my surgical extractions in her office, and I felt I was in competent hands.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

I agree with the negative comment regarding billing and reimbursement. They are quick to get your 80% of the total fees upfront but takes their sweet time reimbursing you after the insurance has paid them their contracted rate in full. I have been waiting for more than a year now and I had to ask my insurance to intervene on my behalf to get my reimbursement. I am still waiting for my money!! Whatever good/fair experience my daughter had with the surgeon was negated by the unpleasant experience with their payment/billing method. I feel very cheated especially because I work in healthcare myself. The surgeon was recommended by our orthodontist but I would not return to this office because of their billing practices. Even my insurance company cannot believe what I am going through. BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr. Kathy A. Banks

Dr. Kathy A. Banks's response
We are sorry you had a bad experience with our office. If you could please call the Office Manager we would be more then happy to resolve this issue immediately. Unfortunately, I can't respond further on your bad experience since we don't know the full situation.

Submitted October 22, 2018

When I needed some extensive dental work done (extraction and dental implant) my dentist, Dr. Dennis recommended Dr. Kathy Banks. I was surprised to get my initial appointment with Dr. Banks so quickly and was 100% at ease after she explained, in her pleasant and confident manner, all that she was going to do to replace my tooth with an implant. I was extremely comfortable in the hands of her and her wonderful staff and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Banks to my friends.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

The number one dental implant oral surgeon in Ocean County!! no other oral surgeon has placed more implants than dr. Kathy Banks.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

A few years after my children had wisdom teeth pulled by Dr Banks i noticed she was doing Botox. I went in for a consult and had it done! She explained everything and was extremely gentle.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Both my children had wisdom teeth done by Dr. Banks. I've never met a more compassionate Doctor! You can tell she really loves her work. She followed up after the surgeries. The office staff felt with the insurance company and I didn't have too! Office staff was more than helpful.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Dr Banks did oral surgery on my daughter. She was caring and called the orthodontist from the room to clarify what his plan was so that we were all on the same page. The visits were on time and I didn't feel like we had an excessive wait. I am not fond of their billing policies but in the end it was fine. I would recommend this doctor to others.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dealing with Dr. Bank's staff was an absolute nightmare. I have never had health professionals be so unhelpful and rude to me before like this in my life. This office requires 80% of the procedure payment the day of the surgery and I was told I would be reimbursed within a month or two after insurance was processed. After 4 months I was reimbursed a portion of what I paid, but 6 months later I was still fighting to get the entire payment back. When I questioned when I would be getting the rest of my reimbursement and the details about it, the office claimed I was given the rest of my money back and was not owed anything but could not provide the details of proof. Long story short, her office staff is beyond lazy, unprofessional, and unhelpful and the amount of back and forth I went through with this office was to try and fight for my money back was insanity. I would HIGHLY recommend going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Kathy A. Banks

Dr. Kathy A. Banks's response
We are sorry you had a bad experience with our office and staff. Our office states that after insurance you will either receive a refund OR a bill depending how the insurance pays. We send out patient claims as a courtesy, we have no control of how long it takes insurance to process. If you could provide us with your name, maybe we would be able to help you out better.

Submitted April 18, 2018

Had an emergency today, called her office - and the Dr. was able to see me due to a cancellation.She and her staff were totally awesome - she found the problem and referred me to an Endodontist who specialized in root canal treatment - even scheduled the appointment for me! I would highly recommend this ethical dr. who exceeded my expectation.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Very professional and state of the art. Took care of us when visiting NJ on vacation. Awesome Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Kathy A. Banks's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• Wisdom tooth extraction