Ratings for Dr. Kathy A. Banks

I was limited to an in network provider so I decided on Dr Banks due to location. Her staff is extremly rude, they hang up on you when you challenge them. I questioned why she makes you pay out of pocket when she's in network. Due to the urgency I paid the 80% fee with the understanding I would be reimbursed when they receive the insurance payment. After speaking with my dental plan they advised me she shouldn't be charging me anything upfront, a doctor is supposed to wait until an EOB is received. With that being said I disputed the charges on my Amex card. I will wait for them to contact me and I will choose to hang up on them if I don't like what they are saying. My insurance provider advised this type of activity by her office is fraud. Be very cautious when going to this office.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr Banks appears to be unaware of her unprofessional staff. They coded ins wrong, asked for surgery payment in full before surgery and refuse to correct erroneous codes so you are stuck paying a questionably high fee. Stay away from this office, staff will hang up on you if you ask for help to straighten out the errors. Shady place!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Not all staff were rude but front desk staff extremely unpleasant and not friendly I have worked in the health field for 20 years and if an office accepts insurance I have no idea how they get away with billing a patient 80% of their bill then saying we will reimburse you when your health coverage pays our office this seems wrong and my insurance company agreed.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I personally work in the dental field for over 14 years dr. Kathy Banks is a wonderful oral surgeon however her staff is horrible they will tell you they participate and are in network with your insurance company but then when it's time for a treatment plan or payment they expect you to pay the majority out of your pocket and wait weeks to be reimbursed. and they r also billing your insance company and get paid by them as well . the front desk are the worst. It's really unfortunate because Dr Banks herself is a wonderful dentist

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Her and her staff lie about insurance to get you in the door they take all your information start to do the exam then a staff member comes in and states they are in the process of joining said insurance company and I would need to pay up front and then I could submit a claim to the insurance company. They trick you to get you in then stick you with a bill you weren't expecting. A whole office full of scam artists. Stay away or make sure before I enter the exam area they really take your insurance.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I am a dental phobic and had to get a wisdom tooth removed. Dr. Banks is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. Her staff is amazing. Everyone in the office is so nice and warm. I would her to anyone who needs any dental surgery. Thank you all for making a horrible ordeal for me a pleasant one.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Staff is extremely rude and lacks basic knowledge on insurance coverage. Dr. Banks was initially very nice but when questioned on billing procedures became rude as well. Rudeness seems to be part of the office culture.

Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Banks is a great doctor, my problem is with some of the staff. The receptionist Karen is quite rude on the phone and not very helpful. It is very hard to get an answer about insurance billing from them. Either they just play dumb or they really don't know. It is shame a great doctor has people like that running the office.

Submitted September 26, 2016

Worst experience ever. Staff lies and cannot explain simple things. Try to reschedule appts at last minute so Dr can have a long weekend. Billing to insurance company was questionable and without integrity. Find someone else.

Submitted September 8, 2015

my 8 year old son had 5 primary teeth extracted. Very pleasant staff + Dr. Banks was extremely personable with my son. Dr. Banks and her staff explained the procedure in full and there were no surprises. The day of the surgery went extremely well. My son went very willingly and had no issues. It was a relief to have a caring group of people care for my little guy. I appreciate that more than anything.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Kathy A. Banks's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan