Ratings for Dr. Luis Gonzales

On a new pregnancy didn't order any labs or see me until after 8 weeks when I called the office because I was bleeding red blood. When he finally saw me and diagnosed the miscarriage he had a medical student that said "cool" when he introduced me. Overall terrible care and terrible experience with a complete lack of compassion.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

This doctor did not help me try to figure out the cause of my pain. He gave me painkillers and then gave me a hard time for taking them.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Terrible dr. Follows old practices that do not remedy any situation. Should be sued.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Where do I begin. I was referred to this doctor for chronic pelvic pain by my primary care. I have a history of endometriosis and was diagnosed by two doctors as having polycystic ovarian syndrome. This doctor would not allow me to speak. He would ask me a question and then immediately put his foot in my mouth not allowing me to answer. I admitted to him that I had been using medical marijuana for severe pelvic pain and chronic nausea. He then told me he "didn't want to act like a typical republican denouncing medical marijuana" but basically he didn't believe in it and pretty much all users were potheads. He diagnosed me with constipation and a pulled groin muscle (LOL)! I haven't been constipated in a very long time and I definitely don't have a pulled muscle. I sat in my car and cried for 20 minutes out of frustration afterwards. I've never been to a worse doctor than this. He won't allow you to speak, and if he does he doesn't listen. He is also very insulting.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I have gone to Dr Gonzales for about 15yrs and I have NEVER been forced to do anything. He has ALWAYS listened and given me great advice. All my procedures were given with care.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. Gonzalez is a very knowledgeable ob/gyn. He practices a more natural way of birth and it is a complete lie when people say he forces you into doing anything. His C-section and cutting rate is very low. I don't know why people slander good doctors.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

I went to Dr. Gonzales for a colposcopy after an abnormal pap. He was insensitive to how painful the procedure was for me - he claimed that there are no nerves in the cervix, so I should feel pain as he took the biopsy. I did feel pain. He was short and didn't seem to care that I was concerned that I could have cervical cancer or become infertile from the surgery that I had to have on my cervix when the biopsy showed dysplasia. I did not feel that he cared how I was doing during or after the procedures. To this day, although I have not been back to him, I have a hard time with paps because it makes me re-live the painful and emotionally frightening experience that I had under his care. I would never recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

I have nothing but good things to say about this doctor. During my first pregnancy, he listened to all of my concerns and questions. During labor, he gave me options. I never felt forced into anything. Because I felt strongly about him delivering my baby (not an on-call doctor) he stayed with me until it was over which ended up after 6pm. When I had complications during my second pregnancy, he was very sympathetic and spent a lot of time with me even though he is in a very busy office. I was extremely emotional, but he didn't leave me until he knew I was okay.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008

About 7 years ago I had this man as my gynecologist. I had seen him on numerous occasions with complaints of extreme menstrual pain, inability to even stand upright during such episodes. Dr. Gonzales just kept insisting that I was just constipated, and gave me motrin 800 mg. to take. Pain never subsided. I eventually went to another gynecologist, and was diagnosed with huge growths on my ovaries, which initally were thought to be ovarian cancer. Went into surgery with the thought that I was good as dead. Surgeon found endometriosis, all throughout my abdomen. I had complained of pain for three years, had asked for laproscopic surgery to do an exploratory procedure, but Dr. Gonzales insisted that I'd be fine with a few laxatives. Run very fast from this man!!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2007

i had an unecessary unwanted coerced cesarean with this doctor. all through my pregnancy we disagreed on many things like no pain meds for child birth. his c section rate and episiotomy rate were extremely high. when i went into labor he asked to break my water, i said no then he asked again, he put me on pitocin and gave me an epidural all against my wishes, it was such a hard fight i didnt have the energy, after 8 hours of being in the hospital with no dilation he proceded to do a c section on me although my baby was not ready yet. he was impatient and unfeeling and has permanenty and physically scarred my beautiful pregnancy with my first daughter. now i have a bigger struggle on my hands to have a vaginal birth after than unecessary cesarean. i have went to the extreme as to have a home birth just to avoid any hospital interventions

flag | Submitted September 23, 2006