Ratings for Dr. J. Michael Purcell

This office is a money making machine. My son's treatment was handled by a nurse on the regular basis. He spoke once with the doctor. I had to double check him with local doctors when he was home on breaks, where we actually handled the issues related to the treatment. The office is very rude and possibly encouraged in the rudeness. I paid all bills on time while they were getting to me. Office regularly sent it to the wrong address despite being provided with the correct one. Last $25 bill came 2 months late with the threat of turning it to collection agency in 10 days. Nice people from the wrong address brought it to me. I asked the office if this is how they think they should treat their patients and they saw nothing wrong with their approach. I am relieved my son does not need their treatment anymore. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Dr John Purcell helped me out big time .,! I had a very severe acute eczema attack all over my body. John got me back to looking healthy and feeling human again...

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr. Purcell was knowledge, helpful and answered all my questions. I was very pleased with the skin care experience. I was not, however, pleased with the staff and the billing person/department. They were uncommunicative, and did not/would not answer my questions or return my messages. I was unable to pay them with my HSA. After repeated attempts, the only communication I received was a poorly-worded, abrupt letter in the mail, saying they would send my bill to collections if I didn't pay my remaining balance. Their businesses practices are unacceptable.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I have made several appts at this office,and last time there I waited and extensive time after my appt.reschedule next appt and unfortunately had double scheduled with them and Alb med,being Alb med was MUST appt I called to cancel Dr Purcells appt,a time later I received a letter stating I owe $25 for missed appt? I called,maybe not quick enough,but took the courtesy to call and cancel not just no show! I call and ask for a pass on the canceled appt it was my first time canceling.was told ok will split it ($12.50) wow is this let's make a deal? It too bad I will find another office to attend if that's there business practice.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Great Dr. and very knowledgeable! Pleasant "bedside manner."

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Love this Dr and his new nurse Mackenzie. Very knowledgable and caring. Recommend many to his office.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

My son has been going to Dr. Purcell's office for over a year. He has monthly appointments for "medical facials/extractions" with one of the estheticians on staff. This is billed through my insurance. I have not seen any substantial results from this treatment. In fact, depending on the esthetician he sees, my son reports that extractions are not even performed (when clearly, it is needed). She simply cleaned his skin and applied a mask. I see several teenagers in the office, most of which are also being seen for "a medical facial" as well. It is very disconcerting to realize that these "medical facials" are a way in which the dermatologist can bill my insurance for a service that is poorly performed at best. I have taken my son upstairs to the Med-Spa and actually paid for a facial which was top notch. The esthetician even made the observation that she was shocked that my son was going monthly for "medical facials/extractions" as his skin was in such poor condition. Bottom line: there is a reason one is sold on the "medical facial/extractions". You think you are getting a great service since its billed through the insurance (and usually there is no out of pocket cost to the subscriber). However, in my son's experience, the patient is the one who takes the loss and the practice gains....BIG TIME! If you want a medical facial, you are better off paying the $ to go upstairs! Sorry but it just seems like it is one racket.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

My family has three generations of patients with Michael Purcell (the father), and I have referred at least a dozen people over the 30 years I have been a patient. I refer to him as the "One Shot Doc", because his diagnosis have always been 100% accurate!! He often can diagnose with a mere glance and provides a prescription that requires no return visit. He's always pleasant, patient, and accommodating in every way! I would. HIGHLY recommend Dr. Michael Purcell to anyone experiencing determotology issues.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

My experience was great..didn't make me wait..everybody was pleasant...the p.a. was very good and explained everything .....I left feeling pleased...and I got a hug from everyone, including the elder Doctor. I will come again when needed.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

The Dr's nurse was extremely rude as was the receptionist that answered the phone that booked the appointment. The Doctor seemed great, but because of the staff, I nearly just walked out and will likely never return or recommend.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. J. Michael Purcell's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1966)

UnitedHealthcare