Dr. Rahim Nazerali

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rahim Nazerali

**Refused care because I was uncomfortable with having student present during initial consultation** After years of working up the courage to finally see a doctor for a cosmetic procedure that has been plaguing me, I was extremely disappointed at the way I was treated by Dr. Rahim Shiraz Nazerali. I left his office feeling belittled and absolutely shamed at my condition. He was over an hour late for a morning appointment and then when he finally did come into the room, before even speaking to me about what brought me there or my concerns, he insisted on having resident and student involvement in my treatment. Initially I was asked as if it was an option, but when I conveyed that I was not comfortable with sharing the private and intimate details of my condition with any one other than my doctor and preferred to just speak with him during this initial visit to discuss my condition, he immediately dismissed me and refused to work with me. Instead he just handing me a piece of paper with ASPS doctors in the area and told me he wasn't willing to work with me and I should find someone else. He answered no questions and dismissed me. I honestly walked out of his office feeling belittled and shamed. It's unfortunate that someone in his position as a doctor supposedly trying to help people can actually make someone feel judged and shamed. He should not be in the medical field with such a mean spirited attitude. I would give negative stars if I could and warn anyone considering going to him that unless you plan to have a student present, don't expect privacy or compassion.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr Nazerali performed my nipple reconstruction and I am incredibly pleased with the results. He was very professional, attentive, listened to my concerns and is very skilled. My tattooing was performed by famed tattoo artist Vinnie Myers and Vinnie, who has seen A LOT of nipple reconstructions and he was very impressed with Dr. Nazerali's work as well.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I was quite beside myself when I learned of the complexity of the surgical procedure I was to undergo. Dr. Nazerali took the time to explain the various options available to accomplish what was required. He made sure I understood the risks of complications and also the benefits that the surgery would provide for me. He made it very clear what I was to do pre and post surgery to make it a complete success. He talked to me in language that I could understand. His work is impeccable!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I had a simple eyelid procedure done. I was very impressed with the care he took regarding my procedure. When he talks to you he makes direct eye contact as though no one else matters and he has all the time in the day to answer your questions. His staff is also very attentive. The procedure was done very efficiently. I can not say enough about how pleased I am with the outcome. It is exactly what I needed. Although the waitingroom was packed each time I arrived, he was always on time for the appointment. I would go to Dr Nazerali again and I can highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I had a very complex reconstruction using a VRAM flap technique to reconstruct my pelvic floor after an anal resection. Dr. Nazerali was highly recommended by a Southern California Plastic Surgeon and it was a great recommendation. Great office manners and the result is nothing less than miraculous. I have made a complete return to heavy duty spin classes and could not be happier with the results or his follow up.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Nazerali is an excellent plastic surgeon who is kind and caring. He performed breast reconstruction on me after a bi-lateral nipple saving mastectomy performed by Dr. Amanda Wheeler at Stanford Breast Cancer Center. Great Center. Great Team. If you just found out you have breast cancer, let me first say I'm Sorry. It's tough. Be strong. You will be in good hands with Dr. Nazerali. Dr. Wheeler saved my life and Dr. Nazerali saved my ego. I had expanders placed immediately following my mastectomy that were later replaced with silicon implants and fat grafting. He never stopped until I was happy. He never pushed anything on me. He thoroughly explained every procedure and made sure I got what I wanted even if that was only a tissue. I am so happy and grateful to Dr. Nazerali and his team at Stanford's Breast Cancer Center. They are the best, treated me great even though I have horrible insurance. I would use Dr Nazerali again and I highly recommend that you meet with him. Ask him about his happy list and don't hesitate to call one. We all have time to help one another. P.S. The hospital staff likes chocolate! Good Luck.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Hi My name is Paul. I am righting a review for the wonderful Professor Dr. Rahim Nazerali. Her is a short story about me. I have been overweight most of my life. Weighed 450lbs. at my highest. I now weigh 185 lbs That is a hole other story. Needless to say I now look like a Dirigible with the air knocked out of it. So I was very fortunate to meet the wonderful Dr. I have seen on TV some persons like me who had this type of surgery and they did not look that good after the surgery. But I really needed this surgery. So I had it done. When I woke up. Needless to say I was in some serious pain, and had a bad reaction to oxycodin. But other than that all was good. When they took off the bandages, I could not believe how great of a job that was done. I have waited 6 months to right this review because I really wanted too see how great I look. I will never look like Channing Tatum. But it sure beats the Pillsbury doughboy. The great Dr. Called me Benjamin Bratt. I like that. I still look in the mirror and can't believe what I look like. And the staff at his office, and at the Hospital were fabulous. The wonderful nurses , interns , student all treated me like family. I was actually a great experience. I wanted to stay another day. I also would like to thank Dr. Nazerali's assistant Pa. Heather He. I just can't say enough . This surgery even has improved my balance. It's a winner winner chicken dinner baby. I have not been this happy ever. Looking forward to my next surgery . Thank you Thank you Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Highest praise for Dr. Nazerali. I did careful research to id a plastic surgeon to repair my breast after three prior reconstructions following my breast cancer and full mastectomy in 2004. I appreciated Dr. Nazerali’s patience in answering all my questions, his honesty helping me explore my options, his clarity re realistic outcomes, his accuracy explaining the details and timeline, his + care team’s kind support all along the way, and most of all, his exceptional skill evident in my outcome!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

I'm not one to usually write reviews, which is ironic because I read them religiously; however, given my medical experiences this past year, I was moved to do it for Dr. Nazareli. From my initial breast cancer diagnosis through a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction process, he and his South Bay assistant, Vita, were my rocks. He was always attentive, concerned, professional and encouraging. He patiently answered all of my questions, never rushing me & I am extremely happy with my results. Sometimes he runs a little late but it's because he takes his time with patients- I'll gladly wait for the care and attentiveness with which I was treated.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Nazerali truly made my gynecomastia removal experience enjoyable. At 20, I was tired of being self-conscious of my gynecomastia and wanted it out. I was referred to Dr. Nazerali and immediately felt comfortable stepping into his office. Him and his staff are extremely friendly and attentive to all my needs. Dr. Nazerali explained what my procedure would consist of with confidence and gave me the reassurance that results would be excellent, and they were! Thanks to Dr. Nazerali, I am not happier than ever living without gynecomastia. I truly had a great experience and for anyone reading this review, I say call his office, you will not be disappointed and he and his staff will go above and beyond to exceed your expectations and make you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Rahim Nazerali's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Rahim Nazerali, MD, MHS joins Stanford Health Care as Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Nazerali is a plastic surgeon specializing in the treatment of patients requiring skilled plastic and reconstructive surgery a er cancer treatments. Dr. Nazerali received his medical degree at the Brown School of Medicine and Dartmouth Medical School in a specialized combined Ivy League program. He completed a combined residency in Plastic and General Surgery at University of California, Davis Medical Campus. Dr. Nazerali completed his fellowship in Microsurgery and Complex Reconstruction at Stanford University Medical School. Dr. Nazerali also holds a Master’s of Health Science in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. Dr. Nazerali is focused on providing advanced surgical restoration of form and function, with expertise in the reconnection of nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. His clinical focus is in: • AbdominalWallReconstruction • Breast Reconstruction including DIEP flap reconstruction • Aesthetic/CosmeticSurgery • Microsurgery • Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Nazerali joins Stanford’s team of surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists and further expands Stanford Cancer Center’s capacity to o er patients with reconstructive surgical needs.

• Spanish

• Stanford University (Grad. 2014)
  • University of California Davis (Grad. 2013)
  • Brown University (Grad. 2008)
  • Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine (Grad. 2006)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2004)
  • Queen's University (Grad. 2002)

• Breast cancer
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Mouth cancer
  • Recurrent breast cancer
  • Atypical hyperplasia of the breast