Ratings for Dr. Rahim Nazerali

Dr. Nazerali is an excellent plastic surgeon who is kind and caring. He performed breast reconstruction on me after a bi-lateral nipple saving mastectomy performed by Dr. Amanda Wheeler at Stanford Breast Cancer Center. Great Center. Great Team. If you just found out you have breast cancer, let me first say I'm Sorry. It's tough. Be strong. You will be in good hands with Dr. Nazerali. Dr. Wheeler saved my life and Dr. Nazerali saved my ego. I had expanders placed immediately following my mastectomy that were later replaced with silicon implants and fat grafting. He never stopped until I was happy. He never pushed anything on me. He thoroughly explained every procedure and made sure I got what I wanted even if that was only a tissue. I am so happy and grateful to Dr. Nazerali and his team at Stanford's Breast Cancer Center. They are the best, treated me great even though I have horrible insurance. I would use Dr Nazerali again and I highly recommend that you meet with him. Ask him about his happy list and don't hesitate to call one. We all have time to help one another. P.S. The hospital staff likes chocolate! Good Luck.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Hi My name is Paul. I am righting a review for the wonderful Professor Dr. Rahim Nazerali. Her is a short story about me. I have been overweight most of my life. Weighed 450lbs. at my highest. I now weigh 185 lbs That is a hole other story. Needless to say I now look like a Dirigible with the air knocked out of it. So I was very fortunate to meet the wonderful Dr. I have seen on TV some persons like me who had this type of surgery and they did not look that good after the surgery. But I really needed this surgery. So I had it done. When I woke up. Needless to say I was in some serious pain, and had a bad reaction to oxycodin. But other than that all was good. When they took off the bandages, I could not believe how great of a job that was done. I have waited 6 months to right this review because I really wanted too see how great I look. I will never look like Channing Tatum. But it sure beats the Pillsbury doughboy. The great Dr. Called me Benjamin Bratt. I like that. I still look in the mirror and can't believe what I look like. And the staff at his office, and at the Hospital were fabulous. The wonderful nurses , interns , student all treated me like family. I was actually a great experience. I wanted to stay another day. I also would like to thank Dr. Nazerali's assistant Pa. Heather He. I just can't say enough . This surgery even has improved my balance. It's a winner winner chicken dinner baby. I have not been this happy ever. Looking forward to my next surgery . Thank you Thank you Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Highest praise for Dr. Nazerali. I did careful research to id a plastic surgeon to repair my breast after three prior reconstructions following my breast cancer and full mastectomy in 2004. I appreciated Dr. Nazerali’s patience in answering all my questions, his honesty helping me explore my options, his clarity re realistic outcomes, his accuracy explaining the details and timeline, his + care team’s kind support all along the way, and most of all, his exceptional skill evident in my outcome!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

I'm not one to usually write reviews, which is ironic because I read them religiously; however, given my medical experiences this past year, I was moved to do it for Dr. Nazareli. From my initial breast cancer diagnosis through a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction process, he and his South Bay assistant, Vita, were my rocks. He was always attentive, concerned, professional and encouraging. He patiently answered all of my questions, never rushing me & I am extremely happy with my results. Sometimes he runs a little late but it's because he takes his time with patients- I'll gladly wait for the care and attentiveness with which I was treated.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Nazerali truly made my gynecomastia removal experience enjoyable. At 20, I was tired of being self-conscious of my gynecomastia and wanted it out. I was referred to Dr. Nazerali and immediately felt comfortable stepping into his office. Him and his staff are extremely friendly and attentive to all my needs. Dr. Nazerali explained what my procedure would consist of with confidence and gave me the reassurance that results would be excellent, and they were! Thanks to Dr. Nazerali, I am not happier than ever living without gynecomastia. I truly had a great experience and for anyone reading this review, I say call his office, you will not be disappointed and he and his staff will go above and beyond to exceed your expectations and make you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Nazerall treats you as a human. Very compassionate and understanding to your needs as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I found out around the holidays last year that I had breast cancer. I feel so lucky that I got Dr. Nazerali as my plastic surgeon. He is always upbeat, sympathetic, and very good at explaining what my options were. It turned out that my initial lumpectomy (and breast reduction on the other side) were not successful in removing the cancer and I had to go in again for a mastectomy and reconstruction. Dr. Nazerali's manner is always kind and positive - but particularly pre- and post-operative. He made me feel so much better each time he came by - he made the ordeal much less scary than it might've otherwise been. The great thing - now that I am done with surgeries - is the skill of the work. I cannot tell by looking which breast was operated on and reconstructed. Wonderful job. If you have to go through this, you couldn't find a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Top notch surgeon. Couldn't be happier. Master in his field. Look no further.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Excellent Doctor! I do and will continue to recommend him. A master of his profession!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I was treated at Stanford for IDC breast cancer in February of 2015. I had a lumpectomy with a breast reduction and lift done by Dr. Nazerali. The day of my surgery Dr. Nazerali was very calming for me which was nice considering I was just about to go through a very life changing event. He has an excellent bedside manner, is very patient and always takes his time to answer any and all questions. I have doctors I see now that are amazed at my reduction as Dr. Nazerali was able to reduce both breasts while still accounting for a 20% shrinkage on the radiated side. It’s 6 months after radiation and my breast are symmetrical, scaring is minimal and I didn’t lose any sensation in my breast from his work. If you’re looking for a plastic surgeon who is honest, caring and does great work Dr. Nazerali is your doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Dr. Rahim Nazerali's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Rahim Nazerali, MD, MHS joins Stanford Health Care as Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Nazerali is a plastic surgeon specializing in the treatment of patients requiring skilled plastic and reconstructive surgery a er cancer treatments. Dr. Nazerali received his medical degree at the Brown School of Medicine and Dartmouth Medical School in a specialized combined Ivy League program. He completed a combined residency in Plastic and General Surgery at University of California, Davis Medical Campus. Dr. Nazerali completed his fellowship in Microsurgery and Complex Reconstruction at Stanford University Medical School. Dr. Nazerali also holds a Master’s of Health Science in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. Dr. Nazerali is focused on providing advanced surgical restoration of form and function, with expertise in the reconnection of nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. His clinical focus is in: • AbdominalWallReconstruction • Breast Reconstruction including DIEP flap reconstruction • Aesthetic/CosmeticSurgery • Microsurgery • Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Nazerali joins Stanford’s team of surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists and further expands Stanford Cancer Center’s capacity to o er patients with reconstructive surgical needs.

• Spanish

• Stanford University (Grad. 2014)
  • University of California Davis (Grad. 2013)
  • Brown University (Grad. 2008)
  • Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 2006)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2004)
  • Queen's University (Grad. 2002)

• Breast cancer
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Mouth cancer
  • Recurrent breast cancer
  • Atypical hyperplasia of the breast

AHC