Ratings for Dr. Rahim Nazerali

Dr Nazerali performed my rbreast reconstruction after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr Nazerali and his team were very attentive and caring. Dr Nazerali gave his personal email address for me to contact him if I needed him. I had sent him an email on Saturday evening and same night he responded and gave me new pain medication. I was very impressed by his generosity, honest responses and his kindness. I highly recommend Dr Nazerali.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Nazerali. He is kind and understanding. He takes time to listen to concerns and answers questions. Dr. Nazerali provides superior care and is dedicated to his patients and work. I am so pleased with the final results of the two year process of breast reconstruction. In addition, his team and staff provide compassionate patient care.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr Nazerali was amazing! Sent up to him by my local docs what a good call! I had a complicated post 200 lbs weight loss skin reduction and he explained what I could and could not expect... And in the end I was thrilled beyond words the scar is virtually invisible and the whole process was not the scary experience i thought. I didn't even take one norco! Most important. I'm healthier than ever thanks to his and his amazing staffs efforts!!!! You are in good hands with him!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

I had surgery scheduled in a month. I presented in the ER and needed faster surgery. Dr Nazerali took my (complicated) case. Having had several reconstructive surgeries in the past he suggested a new type of mesh. This has worked well for me. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

**Refused care because I was uncomfortable with having student present during initial consultation** After years of working up the courage to finally see a doctor for a cosmetic procedure that has been plaguing me, I was extremely disappointed at the way I was treated by Dr. Rahim Shiraz Nazerali. I left his office feeling belittled and absolutely shamed at my condition. He was over an hour late for a morning appointment and then when he finally did come into the room, before even speaking to me about what brought me there or my concerns, he insisted on having resident and student involvement in my treatment. Initially I was asked as if it was an option, but when I conveyed that I was not comfortable with sharing the private and intimate details of my condition with any one other than my doctor and preferred to just speak with him during this initial visit to discuss my condition, he immediately dismissed me and refused to work with me. Instead he just handing me a piece of paper with ASPS doctors in the area and told me he wasn't willing to work with me and I should find someone else. He answered no questions and dismissed me. I honestly walked out of his office feeling belittled and shamed. It's unfortunate that someone in his position as a doctor supposedly trying to help people can actually make someone feel judged and shamed. He should not be in the medical field with such a mean spirited attitude. I would give negative stars if I could and warn anyone considering going to him that unless you plan to have a student present, don't expect privacy or compassion.

Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr Nazerali performed my nipple reconstruction and I am incredibly pleased with the results. He was very professional, attentive, listened to my concerns and is very skilled. My tattooing was performed by famed tattoo artist Vinnie Myers and Vinnie, who has seen A LOT of nipple reconstructions and he was very impressed with Dr. Nazerali's work as well.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I was quite beside myself when I learned of the complexity of the surgical procedure I was to undergo. Dr. Nazerali took the time to explain the various options available to accomplish what was required. He made sure I understood the risks of complications and also the benefits that the surgery would provide for me. He made it very clear what I was to do pre and post surgery to make it a complete success. He talked to me in language that I could understand. His work is impeccable!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I had a simple eyelid procedure done. I was very impressed with the care he took regarding my procedure. When he talks to you he makes direct eye contact as though no one else matters and he has all the time in the day to answer your questions. His staff is also very attentive. The procedure was done very efficiently. I can not say enough about how pleased I am with the outcome. It is exactly what I needed. Although the waitingroom was packed each time I arrived, he was always on time for the appointment. I would go to Dr Nazerali again and I can highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I had a very complex reconstruction using a VRAM flap technique to reconstruct my pelvic floor after an anal resection. Dr. Nazerali was highly recommended by a Southern California Plastic Surgeon and it was a great recommendation. Great office manners and the result is nothing less than miraculous. I have made a complete return to heavy duty spin classes and could not be happier with the results or his follow up.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Nazerali is an excellent plastic surgeon who is kind and caring. He performed breast reconstruction on me after a bi-lateral nipple saving mastectomy performed by Dr. Amanda Wheeler at Stanford Breast Cancer Center. Great Center. Great Team. If you just found out you have breast cancer, let me first say I'm Sorry. It's tough. Be strong. You will be in good hands with Dr. Nazerali. Dr. Wheeler saved my life and Dr. Nazerali saved my ego. I had expanders placed immediately following my mastectomy that were later replaced with silicon implants and fat grafting. He never stopped until I was happy. He never pushed anything on me. He thoroughly explained every procedure and made sure I got what I wanted even if that was only a tissue. I am so happy and grateful to Dr. Nazerali and his team at Stanford's Breast Cancer Center. They are the best, treated me great even though I have horrible insurance. I would use Dr Nazerali again and I highly recommend that you meet with him. Ask him about his happy list and don't hesitate to call one. We all have time to help one another. P.S. The hospital staff likes chocolate! Good Luck.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Rahim Nazerali's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Rahim Nazerali, MD, MHS joins Stanford Health Care as Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Nazerali is a plastic surgeon specializing in the treatment of patients requiring skilled plastic and reconstructive surgery a er cancer treatments. Dr. Nazerali received his medical degree at the Brown School of Medicine and Dartmouth Medical School in a specialized combined Ivy League program. He completed a combined residency in Plastic and General Surgery at University of California, Davis Medical Campus. Dr. Nazerali completed his fellowship in Microsurgery and Complex Reconstruction at Stanford University Medical School. Dr. Nazerali also holds a Master’s of Health Science in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. Dr. Nazerali is focused on providing advanced surgical restoration of form and function, with expertise in the reconnection of nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. His clinical focus is in: • AbdominalWallReconstruction • Breast Reconstruction including DIEP flap reconstruction • Aesthetic/CosmeticSurgery • Microsurgery • Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Nazerali joins Stanford’s team of surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists and further expands Stanford Cancer Center’s capacity to o er patients with reconstructive surgical needs.

• Spanish

• Stanford University (Grad. 2014)
  • University of California Davis (Grad. 2013)
  • Brown University (Grad. 2008)
  • Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine (Grad. 2006)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2004)
  • Queen's University (Grad. 2002)

• Breast cancer
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Mouth cancer
  • Recurrent breast cancer
  • Atypical hyperplasia of the breast