Ratings for Dr. Micah M. Likness

What a helpful and knowledgeable doctor. He takes the time to answer questions and explain anything you do not understand.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Likness was hands down the best doctor I ever had. When I had my thyroid taken out last april, he made me feel so important and took such good care of me. I've never felt like a doctor cared so much about making me comfortable and at ease with what was going on. After surgery, he informed me they had to take my whole thyroid because the tumor ended up being cancerous. Some how when he told me that I had cancer, at only 20 years old, I wasn't even scared because he assured me I was going to be okay. He even gave my dad his cell number after my surgery in case we had any problems or questions when we got home! When I went back to school, I had a professor that was giving me heck about taking a test two days after surgery. Micah offered to call the president of USD and talk to him about it if my teacher didn't let me retake the test. He still to this day, calls and checks in on me every so often, which is so cool to me. After surgery, I had to go to an endocrinologist and go through a dose of radioactive iodine. I had so many problems with that doctor, from scheduling an appointment (earliest I could get in was 4 months away) to calling and asking a simple question about my medicine. Again, this made me realize how truly spoiled I was with Micah and his staff!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014