Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Kraus

Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Clinical staff went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. Dr Kraus explained everything in detail. Two thumbs up!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Kraus cares nothing about his patients only about the bottom line. He had been giving me nerve blocks for a couple of years and always had to haggle and beg to get them to see me. The last time my insurance wanted some paperwork for medical necessity and he screwed around for 4 months complaining that they wouldn't pay him when all they wanted was some paperwork. He refused to see me because of the problem with the insurance until I called them and I guess he finally got around to communicating with them. They changed their policy to require pre-approval and it took three weeks for that and then Kraus needed another three weeks to get me an appointment for a half hour procedure that could have ended my misery. I have to beg for some pain meds and he gave me about a weeks worth so I would have to come back and beg some more. He then decided to require me to have to take a urine screen before I could have any more meds and guess what? It didn't matter because they didn't have an appointment available until after the procedure anyway. The whole office has a chip on their shoulder and Kraus is the worst of the lot. Avoid them if possible.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr Kraus knows his stuff. He doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy feeling some patients need, but I can assure he is 100% knowledgeable and interested in helping you feel better.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

The Doctor is very hateful and unpleasant since the first visit. He does not shut the door when talking to me and other patients and staff can hear my personal health information. If it wasn't illegal and risk going to jail, I feel like punching him in the face for the way I have been treated. Terrible bedside manner!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Dr. Alan J. Kraus's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Kaiser-Permanente