Ratings for Dr. Roseann Maikis

Terrible experience. She does not do post op checks after surgery and I had a horrible complication. She refuses to see me. I had profuse bleeding and infection.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Wow, the ones that left negative reviews really seem to have unrealistic expectations. She's a brillant surgeon on a fast schedule (which is never the drs' choosing, it's just expected/required within the medical industry). Don't expect her to have time to gush over your pregnancy or sugarcoat your condition. She can and will improve the quality of your life if you really need her expertise and if you will let her do her job. She's one of the best surgeons I've ever been operated on by and I would trust her advice over any other OBGYN I've ever encountered. She single-handly fixed my condition after 30 years of wrongful diagnoses and a previous failed surgery for same condition. You just are not going to find a better surgeon for complicated gynecological conditions that require a skill level most OBGYNs will never even begin to attempt to develop. She's simply the best!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I had a high risk pregnancy at the age of 40. Dr Maikas was not only an excellent choice for this pregnancy, the outcome was a safe, happy and healthy baby girl. Dr. Maikas thoroughly monitored my pregnancy and scheduled my appointments weekly during my third trimester. I will say that she is not going to sugar coat anything. If you want an honest and straight forward answer or medical opinion, she is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have nothing against Dr.Maikis, but I figured she is not what I expected and I'm happy I left. The front desk staff didn't answer my questions. They simply ignored me. Her nurse asked my about my accents. And she didn't stop talking about new comers to Nashville and expressing her hate toward new americans. The answer that Dr Maikis.gave me was very different from all other doctors. Finally, my primary care physician that I know forever, was honest and direct with me. I explained to him whatbDr.Maikis.suggested, and he said hmmm. Well leave , run and keep running out of there...and any other dr.who.gives you a similar.advice just leave...I went to another 3 drs. And no one agreed with her decision. Finally, I told myself what enough is enough. I must understand that she is not for me....I left and I'm happy....hope you all be happy with her...but I suggest don't make quick decision...good luck to you all. God bless.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

How there are nothing but 5 star reviews for Dr. Maikis is astonishing. She has left the previous practice so disregard staff ratings. When it comes down to it, I don't really care if the reception greets me with a smile, I value a smart and excellent surgeon. Every nurse in the hospital went out of their way to tell me that I was receiving the best care by the best surgeon. They all said if they needed surgery, Dr. Maikis would be their first choice. Anyone that doesn't think she is brilliant must not understand medicine. Not sure if she is goo goo gaa gaa over pregnancies or not, but she is a brilliant doctor that will give you the best care possible. Everything is good until it's not and you will wish you were in the hands of a brilliant surgeon when it comes to life and death!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I did not feel listed to by Dr. Maikis. I have had a lot of trouble finding a birth control option that works with my body and Dr. Maikis just kept giving me different options and would say "We will just have to wait and see how it works out." She is the doctor and I was hoping for more wisdom on how the options work for others since she sees this much more than I do. This did not happen. She is smart, but not helpful and did not hear my needs. I transferred to a midwife.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

This is my first pregnancy and the first person I told other than my husband was the rude lady on the phone that could have at least sounded personable or said "Congratulations". Initial visit - was to confirm I was pregnant. The waiting room is large with plenty of magazines and a TV (this is the only positive thing I can say about my visits). The office staff didn't speak to me when I signed in (my husband and I were in a great mood, this is our first pregnancy), but the staff honestly put us both in bad moods and couldn't help but focus on how rude they were. I mean a simple smile, anything to make me feel like I wasn't bothering them. I know now from switching doctors that an office staff that says "congratulations, good for you" goes a long way when you are pregnant and happy and it's your first experience. Dr. Maikis's nurse asked me if I knew my weight (who does that? just weigh me so we can keep track of it) and then she took my blood pressure. Dr. Maikis is VERY fake and sounds so scripted. She confirmed I was pregnant and then handed me a piece of paper that describes the foods I should be eating. She fake asks if we have any questions so we tried coming up with some but it was all still so new to us. Why couldn't she give Doctor advice, or motherly advice. I mean we still hadn't told our family and it's just a shame that we had to tell the most unfriendly and frowny faced people first. We left thinking that maybe they didn't want to devote a lot of time and energy to us incase we miscarriage. Second Visit - The office staff was rude and unfriendly again. The nurse was a little nicer and acted like she recognized us. Dr. Maikis was fake, not personable, and sounded scripted again. When she performed the ultrasound and we saw a heartbeat she left it up for about 30 seconds, printed the picture and told us to meet her in her office. I was like "yes, we are finally getting some advice". I was concerned with my eating because I haven't felt hungry so I told her I was drinking Ensure and making smoothies because it's easier for me to drink than eat. I swear she said this "if you want to eat ice cream your entire pregnancy that's fine, as long as you get the calories". When I told my mom and friends this crazy advice we knew she didn't have our babies interest at heart. Phone Call - I called the office to have them transfer my medical records to the new OB I had picked and there wasn't a "sorry to see you go, is there anything we can do to improve?" Instead of being sent the medical release form I received a Payment Agreement in the mail saying I owed $950 so I called my insurance right away to get the true scoop and I was told I was only responsible for the co-pay. So I called the office this morning and asked once again for them to send me the Medical Release Form so I can have my records transferred and asked for them to explain the bill. The office staff told me by balance was still $600 and when I questioned she transferred me to the Office Manager. She acted like I was bothering her by questioning this and she quickly said "just disregard that, we will void it". Even the office manager didn't apologize for the confusion or say she was sorry to see me go. Bottom Line - I wouldn't recommend for anyone to see Dr. Maikis or go to her office because the staff will put you in a bad mood and they don't make you feel special for being pregnant by any means. My husband and I are both still in shock and so thankful we found someone else.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr Maikis has performed a laparoscopic myomectomy and two csections for me. Through each procedure, she was very thorough, took the time to listen to my concerns and had a nice bedside manner. That being said, she is also very direct and doesn't beat around the bush, which I can appreciate as well. I recommend Dr. Maikis to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr. Maikis. I have read other negative comments about her and it is very hard to believe as my experience was wonderful. I believe that she was meant to be a doctor. She explained things well and their was good lines of communication. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I was told my only option was a hysterectomy by two other physicians. They were wrong. Dr Maikis performed a myomectomy, my second and after a c-section. I've had excellent results & am well pleased with my outcome.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Roseann Maikis's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)