Ratings for Dr. Jean E. Molinary

it sometimes takes a while for a nurse call back especially since dr. Molinary is not in the office wednesday or friday. if you call on those days be prepaired to wait for an answer to your questions.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

If I could give this lady no stars, I would. She is the rudest and least compassionate doctor I have ever interacted with and cares nothing for the personal situations of her patients. She had my mom in tears with her belittlement and criticism of my mom's condition and offered no helpful tips or ways to help improve her blood sugar levels. We asked about what foods to avoid and what foods to add to mom's diet--got a sarcastic "well, you can look that up yourself on the glycemic index or pay to go see the nutritionist". Asked if we could look at different and slightly less costly monitors and testing strips--"your daughter can't help you pay for this?". Asked about weight loss options because losing weight can and does help with diabetes--"I'm not concerned about your weight". How did this woman become a doctor? She won't discuss alternative methods of controlling blood sugar levels; she wouldn't even discuss dietary changes. All she could go on about was how mom needed to check her sugars and come in more often and do better. But heck if she could be bothered to offer ways we could do better. I am in the process of finding mom a new Endocrinologist and I would suggest others do the same. If you are referred to this lady, ask for a new referral for somewhere else!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

This is honestly the worst doctor I've ever seen. She is very self absorbed and is not in touch with the patient. She does not work well with others and argues and condescends the patient rather than provide answers. It was like pulling teeth to get any answers. Trust me and trust the negative reviews you read. If you are sick and need help, you won't find it here.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

So very disappointed in this practice. There is simply put, no humanity. I've been a patient of Dr. Molinary for several years. Firstly, if you have an issue she personally will NEVER call back. Ever. Her assistant Stacy will call but rarely in a timely fashion. During a 10 minute visit, Molinary will sit at her computer updating information. She will barely look at you and is totally aloof. No empathy, no caring. I suffer Graves' disease and my thyroid has been removed. My dosage requirement seems to change every six weeks which gets very expensive. I also feel physically awful. Call her office and it typically takes days for a response.......from her assistant. Blood tests are done on Friday with results arriving back in that office Monday per the young lady drawing blood. I would typically get a call back from Molinary's assistant in Thursday or Friday! How sad is that? I saw another doctor who finally determined the right dosage of Synthroid and I feel so much better. Will never return to this practice again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr. Molinary is the most condescending, disrespectful, and disengaged doctor I’ve ever had the displeasure to come in contact with. She has absolutely no bedside manner whatsoever. When trying to get answers about test results and medication concerns, she acts as though it pains her to have a conversation with you and you have to practically pick information from her. When she does answer, her tone and general demeanor is so condescending it’s just hard to comprehend. I have never felt such a negative feeling from a health care provider. I’m a very positive person, and I give a lot of “benefit of the doubt” before I pass judgement, but this is third (and last) time I’ll see her. I asked to change doctors to another doctor in the practice, but I was told that wasn’t possible. I found this just unbelievable. I guess that’s the only way doctors like Dr. Molinary can keep patients. Needless to say, I’m moving to another practice.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I can never get an appt for Molinary. She wont let me see a different Endo in the same practice, her appts are always MONTHS out (as of right now, her next avail appt is in January), and she wont send a referral (as requested by a different Endo). She doesn't listen and she kept me on the same meds for almost a year with no signs of improvement.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Molinary is one of the most apathetic, condescending doctors I have ever seen. And being overweight, that's usually what kind of attitude I get from doctors. But she has the worst bedside manner of anyone. When discussing my depression, and as I was sobbing, she basically told me to get over it. I have switched endocrinologists and have seen and a great improvement in my A1C with the proper doses of meds and now I don't dread appointments. I' m treated like a person with feelings instead of a pathetic waste of space.t

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

WOW, All the negative comments are exactly how I would rate this office. I was seen in Jan and the nurse took forever to call me back after leaving numerous messages, I was told I needed a biopsy and waited a week to find this out, still have not had it scheduled due to lack of returning calls in a timely fashion. I filed a complaint with OM and was nice and understanding (to a certain extent since I have been in healthcare for 16 yrs and know how things work), when nurse called to tell me results finally, she was very unprofessional and a **** to me after she got in trouble making me look like it was all my fault, then changed her story and said I never called her back, but I saw actual phone message when i was in the office, and it said patients phone disconnected. My iphone 5 works just fine!!!!!! Dr. Molinary had no bedside manner, never really looked at me, made notes and said she didn't know yet what was wrong with me, do the tests and we will talk. I WILL BE SWITCHING PRACTICES

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Cookie Cutter Medicine - Very detached staff and doctor. They wait two full weeks to call you back and then its from staff - never the doctor. You feel like there should be a "now serving" machine in the lobby - the line forms to the left.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

I have been a patient of her office for three months now. It is almost impossible to reach anyone by phone. Messages are not answered in a timely manner or not answered at all. My last blood work was done a month ago, three weeks later I called for results, and after demanding to speak to someone, the nurse that took the call said she will call me back with information and I am still waiting. A month has passed and no information about lab results. I do not recommend this doctor or anyone in this office. Unfortunately, this is the only endocrinologist on my network.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

Dr. Jean E. Molinary's Credentials

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1984)