Ratings for Shellie R. Hendren

Mrs. Hendren is quite knowledgeable, friendly & eager to help. She listens & allows the patient time to tell her what is going on in their medical life.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Nurse Hendren can to my regular PCP maybe a couple of years ago. My regular NP had the same last name, so I was surprised to see someone else walk into my exam room. In a nutshell, Ms Hendren talked to me in a clipped snappish tone. I cannot recall what I was there for, perhaps a refill of my medications prescribed by my regular nurse. I had been prescribed two antidepressants and xanax due to complicated depression. I was in grief from my parents recent deaths, my discovered my husband was behaving untrustworthy and we had 6 young adult children that were in the various struggles of life at their ages. Also, I am a complicated spine patient at Semmes Murphey. They have performed 5 spine surgeries on me, T.O.S. (cervical rib resection) and many, many nerve blocks as well. Even after all of this, I have never been a person to abuse controlled pharmaceuticals. NOT EVER. At one time I was a Pharmacy Technician. I am pretty familiar with what this type of drug abuse looks like. I was there that day to get medication refills. 2 x antidepressants, 2 x blood pressure medications. And one refill of xanax. A look at my refill dates on the xanax proves I was not abusing them. I was actually stretching them out. My refills were always a few days late before I filled them. However, Ms Hendren took it upon herself to snarl at me: "If you can't get your xanax from Debra, you're not going to get it from me either!!" She did that. She literally accused me of being a drug addict playing "doctor shopping" on her. I was astounded at this young woman's arrogant ignorance. My entire family had been patients at May Medical for 20 + years (SIX KIDS! Cha-ching$$$) I had been seeing Debra Hendren almost half of that time. I had made my appointment for that day with DEBRA Hendren. Not the rude overzealous drug hound newbie whom I had never heard of in my life Shellie Hendren. This incident had a serious effect on my depression. It was the last drop of icing on the cake. I spiraled into the darkest place ever. Major Depression. My husband was able to find help for me by himself. No thanks to the medical facility and staff of MM. I was treated by the best. And I am truly grateful for it. I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. Which is an extremely dangerous condition that should not have been missed by anyone seeing me at MM. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I visited again not long ago. A refill again. One BP med. I did not have an appointment but knew MM's procedure to let you be a walk in patient for your refill, but they only would refill it once. You could always do a sick child/yourself walk in. I appreciated that since the mid 1990's. But when I asked the girl at the counter she said "We don't do walk in's". (Huh...?) I asked her if they could squeeze me in because it was my bp med. (I never made a habit of this) She asked my name....." Uumm, Shellie Hendren is open. But I see here that you can't stand her and never want to see her again." (This is a violation of my privacy rights. She read that out very LOUD from my file so the entire waiting room could hear it.) I said "No, no, no. I don't ever want to see her again." Then she said, "Well, sorry but that's all we got today." I told this #2 snark mouth, speaking very, very slowly; "I have been a patient here for over 20 years. I think you can do better than that." So she gave me Wanda Moody. Whom I've always loved for her practical ways and kind heart. And Shellie Hendren, (I know you're reading this). You need to grow up and grow into your white coat. You pull the crap on me with the wrong person, you'll lose your license honey. So now, take your job and shove it. You know where. And your little nippy lap dog receptionist too.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

By far the best doctor I have ever had! She definitely knows what she's doing.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Shellie has been my childrens provider for many years. She will listen to your concerns and follows up with further testing or referrals to the appropriate specialist She sent my daughter for a CT scan and diagnosed a illness that runs in our family but is normally not detectable until you are in adulthood. Thanks to Shellie my daughter has received the medical treatment she needed to prevent more problems in the future

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014