Ratings for Dr. Corie Lynn Kovach

Dr. Kovach is a wonderful caring doctor and would not go anywhere else for my care.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I don't really have a complaint with De. Kovach it is with her office staff. Terrible communication and follow up. Tried for months to get a surgery scheduled and I have now been waiting 3 weeks for my mammogram order to come in the mail.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Kovach and Farrow are very incompetent doctors. They do unnecessary biopsies (even for women who are having menopausal symptoms). Dr. Kovach does biopsies as procedure in her office. All women who are beginning or are in full blown menopause have irregular periods. They also give antibiotics as a precaution..without a diagnoses of infection. Listen to the person that said she had 1100 mg of antibiotics for an infection that wasn't even there! Please, please... choose another OBGYN. These two doctors are NOT worth your health or the welfare of your unborn child!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I am 47 years old and my gyno retired. I was a new patient for Dr. Kovoch. My first visit was for just an annual. I told her I thought I was at the beginning of menapause because I had two periods in one month recently and it only lasted for three days each time. I also had night sweats going on. She tells me I need an endometrial biobsy. I had one done the next week. She took three samples and I was in so much pain I couldn't walk out of her office. She put me on 3 antiobiotics just in case of infection 1100mg twice a day. I called to compain and was told keep taking antibiotics. I called again after 2 weeks of meds, urine turned brown.I was told to go to my family doctor. I ended up in er jaundace and St john hospital took out gallbladder and there was nothing wrong with it. Hospital didnt even do testing first to find out the cause. The antibiotics was killing my liver. I now live in pain from adhesions from biobsy and gallbladder surgery. Liver is still not normal.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kovach by my PHP to have an IUD put in. I sat in waiting room for an hour more than once to be told I had to reschedule. On the day of the procedure I sat there for 1-1/2 hour, in a paper robe. Finally the doctor charged in the room chattering nonstop. The procedure was EXTREMELY painful, I nearly jumped off the table. She seemed VERY heavy handed and seemed to jab and poke as if I was a cadaver. She just kept jabbering non-stop as if I wasn't there. She never asked if I had any questions. Finally, I yelled as she was going out the door "WAIT, I HAVE A QUESTION!" She stuck her head back in the door as if I was inconveniencing her and said "Yes?" I asked a rather important question "Is this effective immediately for birth control?" She said "Yes" and waived me off. I wouldn't take my dog to her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I've had two children through Kovach & Farrow, and wanted everything to be as natural as possible, but, "natural" is not what they do. My birth plan was looked at, and ultimately ignored. I was almost given an unnecessary c-section with my first child because "my labor wasn't progressing" even though it was progressing just fine. With my second child, I was bullied into scheduling an induction the day after I was due, even though I didn't want one, and it wasn't medically necessary. I was also never informed that this was an "elective" induction. I was never asked if I wanted to be induced - I was just told that I needed to be. Luckily for me, my baby was born exactly on her due date. My doctor wasn't on call, so my baby was delivered by the doctor on staff at EMH. And, though my doctor was in the hospital the next day, she never even bothered to stop by my room to check on me.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

Nightmare but not from the beginning. I had gone there because a friend of mine had delivered her sons and daughter with them and thought they'd be a good choice for my family. Boy was I wrong. The wait is horrible, they speak way too fast, My appointments were always canceled and rescheduled. They were supposed to listen to my baby's heartbeat but didn't so I spent alot of money (after insurance) to have them just have my weight checked as well as my BP taken which the nurse didn't do right the first time. She wrapped it around my arm wrong and acted like she didn't know how to do it. My child died later and they had very little compassion. Pregnant again and have a better doctor this time he's done more in one appointment then they ever did my whole time with them. I'm on the medications I should have been last time.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kovach to anybody. I was seeing Dr. Farrow (her partner) for most of my pregnancy but Dr. Kovach was there for some appointments and for my birth. They were in and out of the room, not really telling me what was going on my whole pregnancy. When they told me I needed an induction, Dr. Kovach said something about schedule your induction and walked out of the room without explaining why. My husband had to go get her and ask why I had to have an induction. It was unnecessary but I didn't know enough then to fight it. She gave me an unnecessary episiotomy and I tore further. She repaired it wrong and left me with a rectovaginal fistula. She had a terrible bedside manner and was rude while she was stitching me up because I didn't get the epidural. I wouldn't let her anywhere near my body ever again.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Kovach is the best! I'm so happy we found her when we moved to Ohio almost 2 years ago. She is very professional, detailed and her outgoing personality just makes me feel so comfortable. She delivered my first child last year (it was a wonderful experience) and now I am due in 2 weeks with our second baby...I wouldn't want anyone else to deliver my child. The waiting time can get pretty long sometimes, but it's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Kovach came highly recommended to me when I moved to Ohio 8 years ago. I have found her to be very personable and sensitive to the patient's needs. She is very thorough, and tells you what she is going to do before she does it. She is good at talking through the exam and putting you at ease, making the exam more relaxing! As a morbidly obese patient, I have felt very "at ease" with Dr. Kovach and her staff, and the waiting room chairs have no arms in order to accommodate obese patients. I would highly recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Dr. Corie Lynn Kovach's Credentials

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Elyria, OH