Ratings for Dr. Dirk G. Franzen

Didn't seem to be interested in listening to what I had to say. And I was pretty much brushed off when I mentioned the fact that I still had some degree of pain and discomfort after my surgery. He basically told me it was all in my head....which infuriated me. And I never went back.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Has completed 2 back surgeries for me. I highly recommend him, due to his knowledge and his ability to fix the problem quickly and correctly. He didn't jump straight into surgery. Exhausted all other options before we even considered surgery. Explained everything before he performed any treatment! Great Job!!!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Went to him for surgery after wards nothing but problems. Not able to wok and I got copies of my medical records where he noted he thinks I am faking it. I look and feel worse than before I had the surgery. He tells me one thing and notes something else in my records. Worse experience I have had .

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Very rude and unprofessional. Acts like he could care less about the patient and their injuries. Will never go back to BGO again just because his performance reflected on the entire company. Avoid this Doctor at all costs and find one that actually cares about your medical condition!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Franzen when I said I had back pain and tried to describe pain he seamed disinterested and did not even ask where the pain in my lower back was. He sent me on my way with no instructions, no pain pills and no temporary solution before the MRI. I was told then that it would be a six days to schedule an MRI and then I would have to return again to see him. I ended up in the ER two days later. I certainly don't trust his skills. I am going somewhere else for the treatment and possible surgery. Thanks Dr. Franzen for Nothing.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

He listened and give me my options I chose the 2 level discectomy and spinal fusion. Went just like he said, sore throat and a little pain. He may not be a big talker but he sure is a good surgeon. The pain relief was instant, I only took the pain meds for 2 days. Would highly recommend Dr.Franzen to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I WENT TO SEE HIM FOR NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN. THE ONLY THING HE DID WAS CHECK MY REFLEXES. DID NOT DO ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE PAIN I WAS HAVING. HE SEEMED VERY DISINTERESTED AND UNCARING. DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

He did my neck surgery and did a great job......also has a great staff!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

Has the bedside manner of a roofing shingle. Seemed bored to disinterested with my issue. Will NOT see this Dr. again...

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Dirk G. Franzen's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois