Ratings for Dr. Rene M. Jacobs

My husband was her patient for almost 20 years. He dealt with depression weight issues blood pressure and ultimately later in her care he ended up with type 2 diabetes. I went with my husband for all appointments. She peddled her videos and natural remedies and he even bought some. In 2010 he was vomiting every time he was trying to exercise and when I would tell her she said he needs to go to Joslin for the diabetes. She had also known that he had never done his colonoscopy at 50. She never followed up on this and she knew he was the type that I had to push and she as a doc had to stay on top of. In 2011 February my husband on colonoscopy at 54 years old was diagnosed with beyond stage 4 colorectal cancer. A little radiation for palliative care he was in BI in Boston. Dr Jacobs never called or came to see him. Never called me. He died may 1 st in a Dedham hospice. Maybe a month later on my phone machine I hear a message from her saying how she heard about j and how sorry (not shocked ) and my sympathy. I don't believe BI in Boston didnot notify her. But due to her incompetence my beloved husband and father to my 3 children is dead. And she had she been competent should have known the symptoms he had for years were more than just incontrolled type 2 Diabetes. But let this true story save any one else from being in her so called care.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Jacobs has been my doctor for several years. I self diagnosed myself and saw her for verification. I was ok with this set up until my last visit when I mentioned that I had a "blister" type thing in my gum (it was located in a fold of my gum) that I couldn't see, but could feel it, and my kids could see it and said it was gross. I asked her to check it out and she stated she couldn't see it and not to worry about it. well, not worrying about it cost me 3 trips to an oral surgeon, lots of pain and agony and I now have 3 less teeth! I had a severe gum infection caused by an abcessed tooth! That was the last straw as I realized I Dr Jacobs is NOT on top of her game! I also got tired of listening to her talk about her "natural" health/healing products. I have found another doctor who is more than willing to take the effort and time to check me out completely and I will feel comfortable knowing that I truly have a clean bill of health!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

I had seen Dr. J for 12 years and found I would always be an advocate for myself. I'm old enough that my cholestral should be checked every year, she refused and said it should only be done every 3 to 5 years. When she had blood work done on me, (only at time of physical) I never got the results of my blood, so I never knew what she even checked for. If I had an issue I would go to a specialist on my own to find out what was wrong with me.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Stayed way too long with this doctor. After complaining multiple times about an issue, she basically told me I was in early menopause (I am 33.) I researched myself and made appointments with an endocrinologist. I have been recently diagnosed with Cushing's Syndrome. She is always running late and the staff is horrible! Just need to find a new PCP.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

I would never recommnend anyone to this doctor. She has major boundary issues. Tries to sell her natural remedies to patients that's her private network marketing business.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

She is a good doctor, a nice person and a friend! She is very busy, but i think that in an real emergency she will help.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

not attentive. does not follow up.. often times mis-diagnosis problems.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Her staff is very rude and unfriendly and if complained she favors them. She does not like to send patients to the specialists. I suffered from a sickness for 5 years until I insisted on seeing a specialist and finally got onto the correct diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

I also had a bad experience with her when I had swimmers ear and needed drops. For over a week I was going to the pharmacy every day after being told by her staff that it had been called in. Finally after a week then told she would not call it in, I had to come in to see her! Also she has a business selling "natural" substances on the side which I think is a conflict of interest.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for 14 years, and followed her from a previous Needham practice. I find her patient, kind and knowledgable. I never feel rushed and always feel sincerely cared for ... my medical life has not been without its complications and I feel secure knowing she's watching out for my health and a partner in my care. I'd recommend her to anyone and in fact I'm in the process of transferring my 18 year old son to her care from his pediatrician.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Rene M. Jacobs's Credentials

• Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ, Fak Med, Munchen, Germany (407-16 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1985)

Commercial Insurance Company