Ratings for Dr. Gilbert N. Ross

Horrible experience, he literally passed on my case because he didn't want to deal with some of my complications. He is an arrogant man who should retire immediately. He doesn't care about his patience....at this point in his career he didn't want to take my case. Wouldn't even give me a referral.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Courteous staff and am sure the Dr. is knowledgeable but he is condescending and can make you feel like a piece of garbage. Never even examined me and made assumptions that were insulting to me or anyone who has idiopathic symptoms just looking for help. Not the right Dr. if you are looking for someone to think outside the box. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

It's time this Doctor retired. Its like visiting your old absent minded Grandfather, always nice to see him but I have no idea and nor does he of what he is saying. The office staff smile and laugh at his uncomfortable jokes they are all pleasant. After many x-rays, bone density scans and very expensive blood tests (of which I still have not been told the results) I could not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Despite his courteous office staff and his medical knowledge, Dr. Ross is condescending, strongly opinionated, and his practices are outdated. I could have saved myself a lot of time and money by visiting another doctor (or none at all); and due to his neglect, my illness has gotten drastically worse. My biggest problem was his inability to compromise when it came to making decisions for diagnosis/treatment. Although he wanted to know every little thing about my health history, he didn't care for my opinion on how we should go about treating my illness. Its HIS way or the highway, so to say. Unless you feel like carelessly dishing away money to help pay for his x-ray and bone scan machines, I strongly recommend seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

he really seems to care about me as a person.he takes the time to explain things to me.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Dr. Ross can be charming but can also be absent minded and rude. Here are a few things to consider. First, it doesn't matter what's wrong with you, you'll need an x-ray. Have a cough, something’s sore, or it’s just an annual checkup, you’ll need an x-ray. You’ll have to walk toga-style to the x-ray room. It’s awkward and uncomfortable. Also, don’t count on him to listen to your concerns. In fact, don’t challenge him on anything. I did and was told, “I’m the doctor and my patients do what I tell them.” Promptness is also not his strong point, plan on being in his office for awhile. On the positive side, I found his office staff to be efficient and helpful, just don’t expect them to follow-up with you after any type of lab work or test. The only time they call is to set up your next appointment. Dr. Ross is an average doctor who provides satisfactory medical care and may be right for you if you have plenty of time, have great insurance, and don’t find his practices objectionable.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2010

Dr Ross has taken care of me for 5 years and during all 5 years there has never been anything even remotely unpleasant as described in other comments. I have a complicated case and he has been wonderful at keeping me from freaking out as things have been developing, he has referred me out to specialists when needed and they hold the same high standard of care and knowledge that Dr Ross has. I am an Ex-nurse and most doctors I've come across are not for me as I am very picky in my healthcare choices. I would pick Dr Ross over and over based only on my first appt. After 5 years of many amazing spot-on diagnosis and his compassionate, charming bedside manner I wouldn't change a thing. I trust Dr Ross implicitly and everyone he has on staff have been awesome. It's unusual to find fabulous office staff AND a good doctor, wow did I totally luck out!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

I disagree with the negative comments made about Dr. Gilbert Ross. I have found him to be very knowledgeable and caring. His staff is excellent as well. I have been going to him for treatment for about 3 years now, and have found him to be an excellent physician. He keeps me healthy. I like him!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Very rude and condescending ..I had a problem which he didn't even address. I called back with a question and he seemed irritated and annoyed.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

While I may not be thrilled with all things, Dr. Ross did diagnose me correctly. Two previous doctors had not considered the diagnosis, which was rather obscure. He immediately referred me to additional specialists, and was always available by phone for questions. He schedules check-ups too frequently, in my opinion. His staff is wonderful, but even they are not able to keep Dr. Ross running on time.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Gilbert N. Ross's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Workers Comp