Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Shapiro

I took my Gram to the audiologist today because her hearing has declined and her hearing aides were whistling, apparently a sign of wax build up. So, off we went to see Dr. Michael S. Shapiro, ENT in Greenbrae. Now, Gram is fragile: she's 100, maybe 100 pounds fully dressed and soaking wet. She did her hair, put on her makeup and was, as always, very polite. This asshole, on the other hand, never shook her hand - never even reached out for it. Never called her by her name, never said hello, nice to see you...nothing. He motioned for her to sit on the bed, and when she inquired, "Where should I sit?", he snapped "where I told you." She hadn't heard him. Things our going well, right? Then, instead of talking to her - you know like doctors do - he pushed her head down on the examination table. Her head doesn't go all the way because she kinda hunched over now because SHE IS 100 YEARS OLD. Instead of talking to her asking her to move her head he just pushes it around. I'm literally paralyzed with shock. I ask him a few questions about her hearing, get grunts for answers. Ask him why were the hearing aids never fitted properly, got a grunt for a reply and was told there is nothing to be done and he "certainly didn't know" why she would have been told they could have worked better for her. Oh, sorry to bother you. He's digging in her ears, not speaking to her, no comforting her, no nothing. She grimaces and says ouch several times; he could care less. To my 100 year old Gram. Is he kidding me? This guy is the most disgusting excuse for a doctor I have ever seen in my life. Short story: NEVER EVER EVER entrust your body or any loved ones to this "doctor". Well, unless you want to be treated like &*(^ and disrespected.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr Shapiro sees me twice a month to clean out my ears. He is always on time and very nice and helpful and answers my questions. He is always available when needed. The staff is the best.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

Very knowledgeable,fast and professional. He has the best an most current equipment. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Fantastic doctor! Prompt, genuinely kind and skilled! The staff is wonderful!!! I admire this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

very quickly diagnoses problem, offers solutions and resolves problem. Very knowledgeable. Tops surgically. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

does not respond when patients call or fax with questions

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Shapiro is one of the worst doctors around. He knows very little about his trade when it comes to hearing loss. I've gone to him twice with questions, and he had no answer nor remedy--in fact, he did not know of what I was talking about when I mentioned tinnitus. Now I need to find a doc in the city art UCSF.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

I haven't found him all that helpful in dealing with my hearing loss. He was rather lackadaisical in his attitude, and did not suggest follow-ups to figure out what is going on.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

Dr. Michael S. Shapiro's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Greenbrae, CA