Ratings for Dr. Ruth B. Kantor

She didnt know what we talked about on our last visit and could not keep my appointment strait

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I met with Dr Ruth for the first time on April. She has so much knowledge and can pin point your personality right away. I found her to be very kind, and understanding. SHE understoods just what you are telling her. I felt comfortable with her right away. I would recommand her to anyone. ALso she is very compassionate. Her office staff is great too. She is a wonderful and a blessing to all her patients.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr Kantor is one of the most experienced, knowledgeable and intelligent psychiatrists I have ever been to. She can pinpoint a person's personality almost effortlessly and knows exactly what to do and say to treat them. She has helped me immensely in the issues I'm having, compared to the "psychologist" I saw previously, who didn't accept insurance (obviously) and knew a fraction of what most psychiatrists seem to know in the field of psychology. If you are dealing with any issues, I highly recommend Dr Kantor, as I can tell you from experience that she's one of the best in the field, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Kantor is a wonderful, caring doctor. I would highly recommend her. Her staff is great too. She helped me through a divorce. I couldn't have done it without her help. The doctor I was seeing prior to her really didn't help me at all.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

I went to Dr. Kantor years ago when I was clinically depressed. She is quick to write a rx, but is lacking in compassion and advice. As I was crying my eyes out she was shuffling around in her purse and pulled out a nail file and started filing!! It made me feel like I was not a priority since she seemed to be focusing more on her nails. I also felt like the receptionist heard everything I shared with Dr. Kantor since I could clearly hear her on the phone through the heating vent. Very unsympathetic doc. I do not reccomend.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr Kantor has since resigned from BC/BS but has been very accommodating. She is very pleasant and is more then just a psychiatrist that writes a quick perscription. I Have gone to many doctors over the years and she is very honest and I definately felt cared for and she has truly helped me to the best of her ability. She is wonderful psychiatrist and cares about her patients

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

flag | Submitted December 28, 2007

I felt very comfortable and confident upon my first visit. Felt listened to, and under good care; and that my needs and my desired improvement/outcomes mattered to her.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

I would highly recommend Dr. Ruth B Kantor for anyone seeking help with a psychiatric condition requiring medication. She is very aware of all the latest treatments that are currently available. She is not really a therapist and doesn't have a "therapist personality" but more of a psychopharmacologist. Highly intelligent and really knows the drug aspects of psychiatry. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

Dr. Ruth B. Kantor's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1986)

Ameritas