Ratings for Dr. Lisha C. Barre

Dr. Barre is extremely rude and unprofessional . She is a know it all hippy who loathes anyone who doesn't conform to her liberal views. She brings her dogs in and has them jumping up on patients who are trying to get an exam . She has no respect for her patients and is an ego maniac who in constantly intoxicated by her own self importance (ask her if she knows Michelle Obama ) . She is easily annoyed and will lash out at you if she thinks you're calling her office too much. She is extremely disrespectful and will snap if you say the wrong thing. Overall Dr. Barre is an uncaring and rude and I would never recommend her to anyone. Dr. Reiswig is a much better doctor who operates a pain clinic in Denver . Him and his staff are professional ,non judgmental , and he won't yell at your relatives for asking how the treatment is going.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Barre has helped me get my life back!! I have chronic pancreatitis among other things and was always prescribed narcotics for the pain. I was taking up to 800 mg. of OxyContin a day for 11 years. I have not taken any OxyContin for over four months now! The difference is miraculous. I have some pain but the relief of not having to get that prescription filled every two weeks, counting pills, worrying if I have enough to make it through a visit out if town, and not worrying about the money I was spending far outweighs the pain. I still get the trigger point injections, acupuncture, do the meditations, etc. to combat the pain but those tools are more than traditional docs give. Be honest with Dr. Barre and honestly want help from her and she will save you. My story is much longer than I have room to tell here. If anyone wants more info, please feel free to contact me at terrylkwd@yahoo.com. I truly am a "before and after" success story!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

I have been working with Dr. Barre for pain management for almost 5 years now. She takes a holistic approach and treats the medical, emotional and nutritional issues. She has had a significant positive impact on the quality of my life - while helping me to manage my chronic pain.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

Dr. Barre is extremely judgemental and rude to certain patients. To others, she is a "saint", and these patients give her glowing reviews. I have learned from firsthand experience that if she disagrees with your religious or political beliefs, for example, she will mock you, outright. Dr. Barre initiated these ethically delicate topics with me in the very first appointment, and I noticed that reinforcement of her political views were posted in each of her two patient rooms. Express any faith in a higher power and she'll laugh in your face. If she engages you in political conversation and it's revealed that your beliefs don't mirror hers, 'beware. You will be judged, insulted outright, and it will ABSOLUTELY affect the "care" she is willing to offer/ not offer you. Apparently a belief in God or a higher power deems a patient an "idiot" in Dr. Barre's opinion. Perhaps she'd be better suited as a political activist, rather than a doctor who takes an oath to unconditionally treat patients.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Dr. Barre spends quite a bit of time reading the paperwork you are referred to her with as well as quite a bit of time on the packet you fill out as a new patient. I was referred to her 5 months after an auto accident. I couldn't turn my neck. I also was suffering from chronic back pain prior to this accident. I agreed to trigger point injections and although it took several treatments, she got my neck moving when PT could not. She agreed to take over my medication management because her expertise was far better than my GP's. I still see her for treatment of my chronic pain because treatment is enabling me to keep my eds at a reasonable level now and because treatment appears to keep me from etting worse with time. Dr. Barre is open to anything that can help a patient. She addresses everything including our eating habits and explains how healthy changes can and will help our pain. She is an awesome doctor!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

Her last name is actuallt spelt Barre.In my opinion, she is a modern day Hippie. I went to her for pain relief for low back, knee and hands.On my second visit I was prctically ran out of the office, after her screw up of not getting the person in for the appointment with a new stim. unit. She wanted me to do PT for LBP, after I told her I am nor working and can't afford it. She says one thing, then switched 180, and yeah, like others I am still in pain, and I had to wait for her a month. She was actually running to and from exam offices.Maybe she has a drug problem ? ? Don't waste a month or more on this wierdo. Oh, shes only been in prctice 2 years, and thi9nks she knows everything. She is a legend in her own mind. She won't look closely at the records you bring in, I guess a years worth of diagnostic testing is just to time consuming or boring to her. What a freak.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

I saw her for over a year and still have the same issues, if not worse. She was unwilling to look at other problems and only wanted to do trigger points which were painful and made my neck worse. She is unwilling to do any phone consultations and an appointment is usually weeks out. She only works 4 days per week, and often is on vacation. Unhappy and sill in pain!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

Dr. Barre is a chronic pain specialist who uses western technniques as well as dry trigger point injections and accupuncture. She is also a physiatrist. She is flexible, willing to learn about rare diseases, and chooses the right technique for each patient. I have a rare, painful disease, and she is the only doctor that has helped me--and in 42 years, I've seen a lot of doctors!! She takes a very reasonable, personal approach to pain patients. She ensures that you don't become addicted to meds, but she also understands the correct use of medication and works with you as a real person, not as a med-seeker. She truly cares about her patients. She also suggests yoga, pt, taichi, or whatever movements are best. I waited in her waiting room, and saw her patients enter hunched over in pain and exit flexing their arms and legs and smiling wide and happy. Her pain treatment works!!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

Dr. Lisha C. Barre's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)